Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rocket League Is Going DC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251787)

BeardedSonOfNel 02-21-2018 06:58 AM

Rocket League Is Going DC

https://s17.postimg.org/b5mq706hb/158043.jpg

Click the headline to watch the video.

Via ComicBookMovie
Quote:

Rocket League - the soccer meets vehicular chaos game from Psyonix - is about to receive a slew of downloadable content inspired by your favorite heroes from the DC Universe. Appropriately titled the DC Super Heroes DLC Pack, the content will feature two new Battle-Cars and a slew of cosmetics items themed around popular DC Comics characters such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and more.

The DC Super Heroes DLC Pack introduces two sweet Gotham City rides - the classic '89 Batmobile from Warner Bros. Pictures' Batman, and the souped-up Tumbler from The Dark Knight Trilogy. Additionally, there are more than 20 new DC themed customization items for you to deck out your car with.

BeardedSonOfNel 02-21-2018 06:58 AM

brandonjclark 02-21-2018 07:46 AM

I got into this game late, season 6, but man o man I haven't been consumed by a game so hard since Overwatch, may it burn in hell.

I will be buying this pack!

*On another note, although the Tumbler is just badass, the 1989 Batman car design is timeless.

Emabulator 02-21-2018 08:29 AM

Will the trans cars in the comic have better transmissions?

brandonjclark 02-21-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2506624)
Will the trans cars in the comic have better transmissions?

OMG, I almost don't want to believe that. There are trans cars?

Emabulator 02-21-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2506628)
OMG, I almost don't want to believe that. There are trans cars?

No, I made that shit up. It's comic book humor. Unlike GamerGate, the SJWs won on that front, and it's killing sales.

Meeks 02-21-2018 09:58 AM

I got this game free as a bonus with something I bought on Steam (Steam Link / Steam Controller combo I think) and it sat in my library for at least a year until I finally tried it. It sounded silly and I figured there was no way it could be more than a novelty game that would be fun for a couple days at most. But I couldn't have been more wrong. They just nailed the physics and the game is just plain fun. It's generally a good sign when you can say a game is easy to pick up but difficult to master. Rocket League is no exception.

I've put maybe $5 into the game thus far but will probably buy few more things (Perhaps this DLC) to support the game that has given me more hours of enjoyment than any other game over the last couple years.

excalibur1814 02-21-2018 01:18 PM

Remember the days where people would make hundreds of cars, which were free, for the games they liked... Does that still happen? Or do we easily just throw our cash at these companies while they lap it all up.

brandonjclark 02-21-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2506661)
Remember the days where people would make hundreds of cars, which were free, for the games they liked... Does that still happen? Or do we easily just throw our cash at these companies while they lap it all up.

It's a crying shame they don't have a car creator or allow user made cars in a test fashion. I could spend days making crazy cars if they had that feature.

They could still make money selling premium designed cars, too. Hell, there could be a marketplace for designers and they could skim the top of each sale.

PatrickRes9 02-22-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2506661)

I remember those days too. Sadly, that's all relegated to middling racing games that never leave BETA on Steam. See BeamNG. (Which if it were ever actually fully developed, would be a pretty great game).

Most real releases are going to make you pay extra for cars.

Back in 2000, Codemasters released a game called 1nsane for PC. (pronounced insane, which I still refer to as One-Sane)

The game had hundreds of cars made by fans that you could freely nab and play around with, and to this date is still one one of my favorite games. I wish we'd see a game like that, with a large involved community where you could create and share your own cars freely.

http://www.theisozone.com/images/scr...1398383055.jpg

Rocket League is a pretty great game though, IMO. I don't mind throwing a few extra dollars at them occasionally for a new car.

Mad Max RW 02-22-2018 08:36 AM

The last Carmageddon is probably your best bet. There's still a few people putting out free vehicles/maps to the already large amount of free stuff available. It's not 1% of where Carmageddon 2 was at its peak, but it isn't nothing. Modding is a fucking bitch, though. A combination of astronomical system requirements at launch and unsupported fanmade tools killed the game's potential.