Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ReadySet Heroes Launches October 1st (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262326)

Evil Avatar 08-22-2019 05:33 PM

ReadySet Heroes Launches October 1st

Quote:

ReadySet Heroes is a fast-paced multiplayer dungeon crawler that packs a big twist!

Go from zero to HERO in this fast-paced multiplayer dungeon crawler meets EPIC arena brawl! Choose your character, then race through a random dungeon to slay monsters, dodge traps and collect tons of loot to power-up. You’ll need it as there’s an opposing team racing through the same dungeon! Whomever reaches the end of dungeon first will trigger a vicious “winner-take-all” arena brawl. Two teams enter, one team is left standing.

Key Features

• Go from Zero to Hero in Minutes – You start with only a wooden sword and must quickly battle through the dungeon, looting & scavenging for stronger armor, more powerful weapons & spells to gain new abilities to take on the fiercest of foes.

• Every Game is Different – Pick your favorite hero, customize their look and prepare for battle. Picking your character is just the start, what you find in the dungeon will change everything.

• Co-Op and Competitive – Team up with a friend & battle your way through the dungeon and compete in the winner-take-all arena brawl. Play locally with (or against) your friends with up to four-way split screen or go online and play with others. ReadySet Heroes does not require PlayStation Plus to battle online.

• Easy to Pick Up and Play – ReadySet Heroes taps into the classic couch multiplayer action offering short session, high-energy and easy pick up and play games.

Evil Avatar 08-22-2019 05:33 PM

Evil Avatar 08-22-2019 05:39 PM

From the Orcs Must Die people at Robot Entertainment. Should be a fun little indie title.

wunshot 08-23-2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2542925)
From the Orcs Must Die people at Robot Entertainment. Should be a fun little indie title.

Sounds like a fun mashup of concepts.

ElektroDragon 08-23-2019 11:02 AM

OMG thank you Robot Entertainment. Orcs Must Die series was great, but the RTS defense genre was not up my alley. THIS however, IS, and I can't wait to play with my kids. Maybe it will finally convince my 8yr old that Diablo is just as fun as Minecraft? Day 1 purchase!!!!! :)

ElektroDragon 08-23-2019 11:12 AM

ARGH! Why did it have to be a Sony exclusive! Oh well, time to dust off the PS4 Pro.

ElektroDragon 08-23-2019 11:20 AM

Pre-ordered. Can't believe it's published by Sony!

vallor 08-23-2019 05:48 PM

Too bad about Robot getting gutted. Hopefully this helps bring them back to life. Or robo-life. Whatever.

I'm not a PS/4 guy but I might get it just to support the studio. I also like the concept however I really dislike PvP so that in itself probably sways me to a no-go since even the Co-op looks like it tacks on some PvP elements.

Also, I can see this thing being loaded with Microtransactions. The last Orcs Must Die (unchained) had an enormous amount of Pay2Win, heroes, and so on in Microtransactions. I didn't like that much.