Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ubisoft Confirms Watch Dogs Legion for E3 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260881)

Evil Avatar 06-04-2019 07:24 PM

Ubisoft Confirms Watch Dogs Legion for E3

Quote:

Watch Dogs Legion Description

Watch Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. Itís a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered Londonís fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuriesÖ London makes total sense for WD, as the city has one of the highest surveillance levels in the world making this the perfect playground.

Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems.
Quote:

Fans won't have long to wait for their first look at Watch Dogs Legion as Ubisoft will be holding its E3 2019 press conference on Monday, June 10 at 12:30pm PT/3:30pm ET/8:30 PM BST.

SpectralThundr 06-04-2019 08:19 PM

This has SJW'ism all over it. Brexit bad! Islam good! Can already see it coming.

LostToys 06-04-2019 10:12 PM

This sorta sounds like Messiah or Omicron: The Nomad Soul. Will be interesting to see how this actually works, as the reality of the situation is, most likely they are going with the silent protagonist route ala Far Cry and The Division, rather than full voice acting ala Saints Row, when it comes to story time.

Dag-Sabot 06-05-2019 01:04 AM

I guess they must love pushing narrative and losing money.

NESter the Unlikely 06-05-2019 05:22 AM

Who the hell is buying Watch Dogs? I honestly can't believe these games are legitimately successful enough to warrant a third installment. The best thing to come out of Watch Dogs was the joke made by the little asian boy in Shazam!.

It has to be some kind of money laundering tax sinkhole, like an Uwe Boll film. That is the only plausible explanation.

LilAbner 06-05-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2538758)
This has SJW'ism all over it. Brexit bad! Islam good! Can already see it coming.

Didn't Brits vote for Brexit?

LostToys 06-05-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2538766)
It has to be some kind of money laundering tax sinkhole, like an Uwe Boll film.

People tend to like open world games because they offer a ton of bang for the buck. So although the original Watch_Dogs was pretty mediocre, the second one was significantly better and was pretty popular.

SpectralThundr 06-05-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilAbner (Post 2538782)
Didn't Brits vote for Brexit?

Yep and because the globalists in power don't want it to happen they've been stalling on it ever since.

colonel 32dll 06-05-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2538787)
People tend to like open world games because they offer a ton of bang for the buck. So although the original Watch_Dogs was pretty mediocre, the second one was significantly better and was pretty popular.

This right here is why I played WD and WD2 - lots to see and do. I'm a Far Cry Fanboy, too. Working my way through FC5 for the sixth time, played FC: ND three times (I'll agree that was just a money-grab that should have been DLC), all the DLC once, FC4 five times, FC3 four or five times. I'm a sucker for open-world. GTAV alone sucked well over 1000 hours from my life, the Just Cause series easily over 1000 hours, Skyrim clocked in at around 600 hours.

If I can spend $60 and get 300 hours from a game, I call that "bang for the buck".:)

SpectralThundr 06-05-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2538787)

That's funny, I actually enjoyed the first one far more, to each their own I suppose.