Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DOOM Eternal – BATTLEMODE Multiplayer Teaser (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260992)

Evil Avatar 06-09-2019 07:31 PM

DOOM Eternal – BATTLEMODE Multiplayer Teaser

Quote:

Introducing BATTLEMODE, DOOM Eternal’s brand-new 2 versus 1 multiplayer experience built from the ground up at id Software. A fully-armed DOOM Slayer faces off against two player-controlled demons, duking it out over three rounds of intense first-person combat. See the teaser trailer now and stay tuned for more information about the exciting new game mode at QuakeCon 2019.

Pre-order DOOM Eternal to receive a DOOT Revenant Skin for use in DOOM Eternal multiplayer called BATTLEMODE, a “Cultist Base” Master Level, and a throwback Shotgun weapon skin.

Evil Avatar 06-09-2019 07:31 PM

karaliusbronius 06-09-2019 10:53 PM

I can't get excited for this game. Don't give us some gimmicky multiplayer mode, just give us campaign coop!!! wtf

Mad Max RW 06-10-2019 04:30 AM

Give us proper modding tools and a map editor.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2539139)
Give us proper modding tools and a map editor.

The last DOOM came with a map editor. I never played around with it, but don’t they even do a “Top Maps” thing right in the menu? I doubt they are still supporting it, but I know it was up there for a while.

Sammael 06-10-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2539124)
I can't get excited for this game. Don't give us some gimmicky multiplayer mode, just give us campaign coop!!! wtf

This exactly. That multiplayer trailer was dumb, dumb, dumb. Focus on the Single Player and add Coop.

I loved Doom 2016. I played around with the custom maps, but avoided the deathmatch / multi.

Cranium 06-10-2019 06:06 PM

Up to 10 spectators play as medit-kits.

sticky 06-11-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammael (Post 2539198)
This exactly. That multiplayer trailer was dumb, dumb, dumb. Focus on the Single Player and add Coop.

I loved Doom 2016. I played around with the custom maps, but avoided the deathmatch / multi.

The trailer was awesome. Doom made its name with something called 'Deathmatch' back in the day.

Multiplayer is what gave Doom staying power and really changed the PC gaming world, not chasing colored keys.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 08:40 PM

The multiplayer trailer didn’t do anything for me, but I’m willing to give it a shot. 1 v 2 seems kinda small. I think that is why DOOM multiplayer didn’t take off for the last game, it’s like 4 players max right? That’s a little more of a throwback than I think people want these days.

What would be kinda fun would be to see them switch it up to 3rd person like Gears of War. That would set it apart from Call of Duty or the other multiplayer shooters.

What it really needs is to bring back Threewave CTF. Those were the days man.