Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First Look Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261047)

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 11:14 AM

Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First Look Trailer
 

The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development for Nintendo Switch!

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 11:15 AM


Chief Smash 06-11-2019 11:17 AM

I liked Breath of the Wild but I'm not really interested in more of it. Hopefully they return to form in terms of weapon and dungeon design. But given how successful BotW was, I don't expect much.

CthulhuFan 06-11-2019 12:57 PM

I enjoyed BotW enough to finish it, which is rare for me these days, so I'm anticipating this. I'm hoping that this will be better overall since they are able to re-use assets, engine, etc and spend more time focusing on story, dungeon, and world building.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2019 05:57 PM

Oh I need to get back to BotW.... I stopped playing once Mario Odyssey came out, finished that (best Mario game ever!) and never got back to it. Loved so much about that game (also my favorite Zelda ever.)

PatrickRes9 06-11-2019 08:27 PM

A sequel to one of the best games ever made? Well....

okay.

SpectralThundr 06-11-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539357)
A sequel to one of the most overated games ever made? Well....

okay.

Fixed that for you.

Inkabodcrane 06-11-2019 11:14 PM

Where the F is Metroid? That's what I've been waiting for.

Chief Smash 06-12-2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2539370)
Fixed that for you.

I both agree that it was a very good game and agree with Spec at the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2539371)
Where the F is Metroid? That's what I've been waiting for.

Yeah I was hoping for something Metroid related, even if it was a remaster of Prime Trilogy. Disappointing.

PatrickRes9 06-12-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539379)
I both agree that it was a very good game and agree with Spec at the same time.


Yeah I was hoping for something Metroid related, even if it was a remaster of Prime Trilogy. Disappointing.

They had to scrap the build they had going entirely and pass it back to Retro relatively recently, so I didn't expect we'd see anything on Prime 4 this year.

Remaster of the Trilogy sure would have been nice, though.

SpectralThundr 06-12-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539379)
I both agree that it was a very good game and agree with Spec at the same time.


Yeah I was hoping for something Metroid related, even if it was a remaster of Prime Trilogy. Disappointing.

To be fair I certainly wouldn't call BOTW the worst game ever by any means, but those people bounding around the term "masterpiece" in regards to it, are quite frankly full of shit. From visuals, to platforming dungeons, to weapon breaking mechanics, the game has enough cons to keep it from being anywhere near bestest ever.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-12-2019 04:26 PM

The weapon breaking is stupid. I like the game a lot, but haven't finished it because I hate having a weapon breaK after five hits.

PatrickRes9 06-12-2019 05:15 PM

It's odd but I started to enjoy the weapons breaking towards mid/end. I had plenty of weapon slots, and it had me strategizing on when to use my strong ones, and when to use my throw-away stuff. And it meant I got to use all manner of weapons in different situations. Fire wands, giant swords, spears, tridents, etc.

It just sort of sucks when you first start out early-game, have like 5 weapon slots, and they break quickly. That's probably my gripe. They break TOO quickly.

LostToys 06-12-2019 05:49 PM

It also makes finding chests and clearing out dungeons feel underwhelming because you usually had to throw out something in order to make room for the weapon, or in the worst case scenario (particularly when it came to challenge dungeons), you used two or three good/better weapons just getting to the reward.

It was an aggravating system that Nintendo could have easily re-balanced, but they refused to.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-12-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losttoys (Post 2539447)
it also makes finding chests and clearing out dungeons feel underwhelming because you usually had to throw out something in order to make room for the weapon, or in the worst case scenario (particularly when it came to challenge dungeons), you used two or three good/better weapons just getting to the reward.

It was an aggravating system that nintendo could have easily re-balanced, but they refused to.

b-i-n-g-o!

Chief Smash 06-12-2019 07:04 PM

Excellent point Lost. Dungeon puzzles were good but they all looked the same and they really weren’t rewarding. I still enjoyed the game quite a bit but it had a couple of big flaws.

PatrickRes9 06-13-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2539447)
It also makes finding chests and clearing out dungeons feel underwhelming because you usually had to throw out something in order to make room for the weapon, or in the worst case scenario (particularly when it came to challenge dungeons), you used two or three good/better weapons just getting to the reward.

It was an aggravating system that Nintendo could have easily re-balanced, but they refused to.

It needed tweaking, for sure. They needed to make weapons last longer. I dont mind them breaking, and trying new weapons. But...I did find myself wishing they lasted more than they did. Even the master sword is "flawed" in that while it couldn't break, you could only use it for a bit, then you had to stop using it for a while. That was just dumb.

Still loved the game though. Still thinks it's one of the best ever. It just wasn't perfect. Like every other game that has ever existed.

LostToys 06-13-2019 01:25 AM

Indeed, they could have easily rolled into a patch an updated system that allowed the weapons to repaired (in the field, in town) or improved their overall durability, but were too damned busy beating the "emergent gameplay" drum to give a shit about the system.

Not that they have to (sorta like how FromSoftware is under no obligation to make an "Easy" mode in their games), but having options available to the customer to allow them to enjoy the product more/in their own way is never a bad investment.

PatrickRes9 06-13-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2539463)
Indeed, they could have easily rolled into a patch an updated system that allowed the weapons to repaired (in the field, in town) or improved their overall durability, but were too damned busy beating the "emergent gameplay" drum to give a shit about the system.

Not that they have to (sorta like how FromSoftware is under no obligation to make an "Easy" mode in their games), but having options available to the customer to allow them to enjoy the product more/in their own way is never a bad investment.

Yah, I definitely agree. It should have been patched/improved. I hope they improve it with the sequel.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.