Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Face of Twitch, DrDisrespect, Banned From Streaming Platform (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261058)

IGXGamingTV 06-11-2019 06:28 PM

The Face of Twitch, DrDisrespect, Banned From Streaming Platform

You have a beautiful wife, kid, and a successful video game streaming channel so what’s next? Do a IRL (in real life) live stream of course! Read more …

IGXGamingTV 06-11-2019 06:29 PM

Bad idea for DrDisrespect, though, as his live stream eventually leads into the men’s bathroom where there happens to be a kid in the background at the urinal that appears to be taking care of business. Soon after Twitch caught wind of this, his channel was banned. Really can’t fathom what drove him to continue live streaming inside the men’s rest room. Sux too because he is one of my favorite streamers on Twitch.

A quote from the source Dexerto.com:
Quote:

The first few minutes of the stream were from a bathroom, and he didn't stop there, streaming from bathrooms multiple times during his broadcast.
His stream showed the both the Two-Time and Dan the Body peeing in urinals more than once, capturing many unsuspecting E3-goers doing their business too.
Source: https://www.dexerto.com/entertainmen...athroom-709530

Inkabodcrane 06-11-2019 07:25 PM

I cant imagine it will be permanent. I hope not.

MechaDangerous 06-11-2019 08:07 PM

He's too important to Twitch. There's no way it will be permanent.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 08:21 PM

That was sure a rookie move though, why would you stream from the bathroom. Just do a “be right back”. Plus, if you are going to do a live stream from E3, you probably should have some kind of assistant to hold the camera while you take a dump.

MechaDangerous 06-11-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539355)
That was sure a rookie move though, why would you stream from the bathroom. Just do a “be right back”. Plus, if you are going to do a live stream from E3, you probably should have some kind of assistant to hold the camera while you take a dump.

I think he did. I believe it was his cameraman that followed him into the bathroom while he was talking to him.

SpectralThundr 06-11-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539355)

The guy has never struck me as someone who's terribly bright, also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.

Skunk 06-11-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2539365)
..also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.

Perfect person to be "the face of Twitch" then.

AlfredT 06-11-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2539365)
The guy has never struck me as someone who's terribly bright, also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.

Yea pretty much spot on. I've just viewed his channel a few times just to see what the hype was about, but other than feeling like an old out of touch curmudgeon, it didn't do anything for me.

MavenACTG 06-12-2019 07:53 AM

I almost guarantee, especially in the E3 atmosphere, that they had no idea what they were doing. That doesn't mean the action taken by Twitch is unjustified, anything but.

The ban won't be permanent (unless Twitch is dumb, who knows) but it'll leave enough of a mark to hopefully deter future gross oversights by any streamer, not just him.

I walked by E3. It is sealed off from the public. There's a sign out front saying no one under 17 will be admitted. So what was a kid doing there? Did E3 allow them in to be accompanied by parents? That might be the case but if I'm right, then what was a kid doing there?

Doesn't change that bringing a stream into a restroom is the height of stupid, but I am curious about that fact.

davidj.dk 06-12-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2539390)
I almost guarantee, especially in the E3 atmosphere, that they had no idea what they were doing. That doesn't mean the action taken by Twitch is unjustified, anything but.

The ban won't be permanent (unless Twitch is dumb, who knows) but it'll leave enough of a mark to hopefully deter future gross oversights by any streamer, not just him.

I walked by E3. It is sealed off from the public. There's a sign out front saying no one under 17 will be admitted. So what was a kid doing there? Did E3 allow them in to be accompanied by parents? That might be the case but if I'm right, then what was a kid doing there?

Doesn't change that bringing a stream into a restroom is the height of stupid, but I am curious about that fact.

Depends - did he break the rules or not? And do you (read: twitch) have principals or not.

My money is on "yes, he broke the rules - and most definitely no, twitch doesn't have principals - but rather guidelines that is only enforced on the plebs"

you know, business as usual with these companies.

Mozain 06-12-2019 10:29 AM

I mean, as far as I know this goes straight into braking the law. Isn't it illegal to have a recording device active in a bathroom?

Evil Avatar 06-12-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2539401)
I mean, as far as I know this goes straight into braking the law. Isn't it illegal to have a recording device active in a bathroom?

Not if you choose "recording device" as your gender.

Booda 06-12-2019 12:09 PM

If this would have happened in any public men's restroom other than a E3 one this fool would have probably gotten the absolute living shit beaten out of him.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-12-2019 12:28 PM

I've never heard of this cat, but he seems pretty dumb.

PacerDawn 06-12-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2539422)
I've never heard of this cat, but he seems pretty dumb.

To be honest, he can be pretty entertaining. He is probably one of the most entertaining streamers on Twitch, so use that as a metric. However, it gets old after a while because it's just the same thing.

He is a really good sniper, but then I only have myself for comparison. I have to wait for mobs to stand still for me to be able to hit them.

Marticus 06-12-2019 04:18 PM

Sadness, he had quite the following. Never got me to watch.

Meh.

MavenACTG 06-12-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2539419)
If this would have happened in any public men's restroom other than a E3 one this fool would have probably gotten the absolute living shit beaten out of him.

That is a really good callout. Not surprised no one there raised a ruckus and had the appropriate counter response while it was happening. I would have been yelling and screaming to get the camera out.

In entertainment circles, people seem to just let stuff happen. Bystander effect?

There is a reason that principles lose out here and he'll likely be reinstated. The guy who brings in the money is given more discretion / leeway than anyone else because livelihoods, on *SOME* level, are made off that guy.

For an extreme, cynical example, go watch Rocketman. I absolutely believe everyone involved in the Elton John enterprise was propping up their cash cow with drugs just to get their cut off the talent.

I wouldn't attribute a similar opportunism in gaming, but I would attribute a benign ignorance / don't rock the boat to preserve a status quo.

Kreigmstr 06-13-2019 06:15 AM

I saw a different article that claimed it was a 3-day ban. The ban was specifically due to violation of California privacy laws. I imagine there will also be some legal ramifications of this as well.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...7.&lawCode=PEN

As far as streamers go I'm not really a fan of his schtick. I've really only watched him play Apex. He's definitely not on the same level as Dizzy or King Richard. But I wouldn't call him a bad player.

Dag-Sabot 06-13-2019 06:29 AM

Does this guy have a doctorate degree, or is it like an honorary title like "Dr. Pepper?". If he is a medical doctor, I'm sure this incident is sufficient for his license to be pulled.