Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   American Horror Story: 1984 Teaser (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261841)

Evil Avatar 07-29-2019 06:07 PM

American Horror Story: 1984 Teaser
 
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0e98ae78_z.jpg

Welcome to Camp Redwood. Good luck leaving alive. American Horror Story: 1984 premieres Sept. 18 on FX.

Evil Avatar 07-29-2019 06:07 PM


PacerDawn 07-30-2019 07:14 PM

How good can this be on a non-pay network? 80's slasher films were all about the slashing, not the story. Wouldn't they have to cut-away/no-blood?

Regardless, it gets points for using The Motels.

colonel 32dll 07-31-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2541725)
How good can this be on a non-pay network? 80's slasher films were all about the slashing, not the story. Wouldn't they have to cut-away/no-blood?

Regardless, it gets points for using The Motels.

I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.

https://i.imgur.com/06r5oAb.gif

I lost interest in mid-season five (the one with Lady Gaga and vampires).

Evil Avatar 07-31-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel 32dll (Post 2541745)
I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.

I lost interest in mid-season five (the one with Lady Gaga and vampires).

The last two seasons were pretty bad. The anti-Trump thing was just played out and the futuristic one just started nowhere and went nowhere. I really don't think either season seemed "fun". It was like they were so tied up in scoring political points that they forgot to just do the regular crazy.

PacerDawn 07-31-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel 32dll (Post 2541745)
I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.

Nope, you got me there. I don't watch much TV anymore. I thought stabbing and blood resulted in a "R" rating for movies, yet they do it on cable TV now? Interesting.

Maybe I'll check it out on Amazon.

KlausFlouride 08-01-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2541759)
The last two seasons were pretty bad. The anti-Trump thing was just played out and the futuristic one just started nowhere and went nowhere. I really don't think either season seemed "fun". It was like they were so tied up in scoring political points that they forgot to just do the regular crazy.

The season before that anti-Trump one sucked too. I feel Hotel was the last good season they had.

vivafletcher 08-01-2019 07:44 PM

Roanoke got a lot of points from me for trying a lot of new things, in terms of presentation and story. I didn't love it, but I really appreciate a series that takes chances.

I thought the one a couple seasons back made fun of Trump people and anti-Trump people. But it wasn't very good unless clowns really, really creep you out.

Apocalypse was basically Coven Part II. If you loved that season, it would be hard not to love this one. I thought Coven was pretty good, so I felt about the same way about Apocalypse. It was pretty good.

The first two seasons were really something. Since then it's been hit and miss, but not formulaic. They try different things and I appreciate that. So maybe this will be decent, too.

Evil Avatar 08-01-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivafletcher (Post 2541824)
Roanoke got a lot of points from me for trying a lot of new things, in terms of presentation and story. I didn't love it, but I really appreciate a series that takes chances.

I thought the one a couple seasons back made fun of Trump people and anti-Trump people. But it wasn't very good unless clowns really, really creep you out.

Apocalypse was basically Coven Part II. If you loved that season, it would be hard not to love this one. I thought Coven was pretty good, so I felt about the same way about Apocalypse. It was pretty good.

The first two seasons were really something. Since then it's been hit and miss, but not formulaic. They try different things and I appreciate that. So maybe this will be decent, too.

I thought Coven was the worst season they did, so that does kinda explain why I thought last season was so bad.

I did really like Roanoke. It took a lot of chances and turned out really well. I haven't watch it again, I should do that now that it's on Netflix.

I thought Hotel had some good ideas mixed in there, but never seemed to explore any of them enough for them to be great. I didn't mind all the nudity at all, that was nice. Heh.

Inkabodcrane 08-02-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2541825)
I thought Coven was the worst season they did, so that does kinda explain why I thought last season was so bad.

I did really like Roanoke. It took a lot of chances and turned out really well. I haven't watch it again, I should do that now that it's on Netflix.

I thought Hotel had some good ideas mixed in there, but never seemed to explore any of them enough for them to be great. I didn't mind all the nudity at all, that was nice. Heh.

My wife and I really liked season 1. It was just great and had a great cast. We kept watching each season until finally falling off during the Hotel one. I don't even know how far behind we are now, but I think 2 or 3 seasons. Roanoke was cool, but it did feel like it had a lot of filler stuff.

This season has me intrigued, because it appears to be inspired by 80's slasher flicks, which I love to no end. All the promotional material looks like a rip off of Friday the 13th. But since the ownership rights of that franchise are in a never-ending hell, I am down to get back into AHS. However, they got super political and super left-leaning over the years so I can only stomach so much of that, so we'll see if they keep that up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 AM.