Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Outer Worlds Coming to Nintendo Switch on March 6, 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265069)

Evil Avatar 01-30-2020 07:36 PM

The Outer Worlds Coming to Nintendo Switch on March 6, 2020

Quote:

Greetings employees of Halcyon,

We are excited to share with you that a new wave of colonist are preparing to join us in the Halcyon Colony soon, as The Outer Worlds is coming to Nintendo Switch on March 6.

Whether you choose to zap foes with your shrink ray or charm them with smooth-talking abilities, we know you will make The Board proud. And the fact that you will be able to complete your tasks anywhere you go with the Nintendo Switch is something that makes The Board happy.

The Outer Worlds for Nintendo Switch will retail for $59.99 and will be available as a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the Nintendo eShop. Thank you.
forums.obsidian.net.

Wake me when they actually include a game in the box.

vallor 01-30-2020 08:30 PM

Download code in the boxed product? What absolute bullshit, especially considering how fucking bonkers the Nintendo "ownership" policy is for downloaded games and which profile actually can play them depending on which Switch or Switch lite is logged in to what profile.

Fucking bullshit of the highest order.

ElektroDragon 01-30-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2552838)
Download code in the boxed product? What absolute bullshit, especially considering how fucking bonkers the Nintendo "ownership" policy is for downloaded games and which profile actually can play them depending on which Switch or Switch lite is logged in to what profile.

Toy console minicarts can't fit big adult games. :D

DingBat 01-30-2020 11:08 PM

This makes no sense. They got Witcher 3 onto a 32 gig cart for gods sake. And Doom Eternal is rumored to ship on a 64 gig cart. So they absolutely could've put this on physical. They made the choice not to. And this was supposed to be a pretty big release.

I love my Switch but sometimes the things that Nintendo (or the companies that ship stuff for Switch) do make no sense.

All that aside, I haven't played the game yet. I was waiting for it for PC, but on Steam. How is it?

Hellstorm 01-31-2020 01:13 AM

As a side note, according to Nintendo's most recent sales numbers from their quarterly report, the Switch has officially outsold the Xbox One series.

colonel 32dll 01-31-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2552847)
This makes no sense. They got Witcher 3 onto a 32 gig cart for gods sake. And Doom Eternal is rumored to ship on a 64 gig cart. So they absolutely could've put this on physical. They made the choice not to. And this was supposed to be a pretty big release.

I love my Switch but sometimes the things that Nintendo (or the companies that ship stuff for Switch) do make no sense.

All that aside, I haven't played the game yet. I was waiting for it for PC, but on Steam. How is it?

It's great on PC! Fun, some interesting NPC stories, good replayability for different dialogue options from your multiple companions. I enjoyed it very muchly and wished there was more. :)

Mad Max RW 01-31-2020 08:53 AM

It’s very good then becomes a chore in the last 1/3. The amount of backtracking and combat gets exhausting. Then the best gear is identical to what you already have but with slightly better stats. That really took me out of it. Outer Worlds is a lesser KOTOR 2 with a way smoother release.

vallor 01-31-2020 04:36 PM

For those waiting to play it on PC, why?

You can get the Xbox Game Pass for $1 for 3 months and download it to the PC and play it that way. That's how I'm playing it.

Accursed 02-02-2020 03:48 PM

Wait, I'm on PC and have been waiting for 21:9 support since day one. Yes I bought it and haven't played it till they patch ultrawide support. And while I wait they've been d*cking around with Switch?!?

F*ck Obsidian....

SpectralThundr 02-02-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2552838)

Remember kids anti consumer policies are bad, unless it's Nintendo doing them then it's ok.

Chief Smash 02-03-2020 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2552994)
Remember kids anti consumer policies are bad, unless it's Nintendo doing them then it's ok.

What? I don't know a single Nintendo fan who is even kind of okay with their policy. In fact, half of what makes being a Nintendo fan "interesting" is how much they screw up basic things at times. I like their style but they are far from perfect and pretty much every other Nintendo fan I know feels the same way.

stalazon 02-03-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accursed (Post 2552986)
Wait, I'm on PC and have been waiting for 21:9 support since day one. Yes I bought it and haven't played it till they patch ultrawide support. And while I wait they've been d*cking around with Switch?!?

F*ck Obsidian....

MM, from a business standpoint, how many folks are they going to add as paying purchasers that maintain your specific requirement vs the folks they will add paying on switch?

Chimpbot 02-03-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2553006)
What? I don't know a single Nintendo fan who is even kind of okay with their policy. In fact, half of what makes being a Nintendo fan "interesting" is how much they screw up basic things at times. I like their style but they are far from perfect and pretty much every other Nintendo fan I know feels the same way.

They've certainly improved; they no longer tie all downloads to specific devices...which was something they bizarrely clung to up through the Wii U. Still, it's far from perfect or user-friendly.

SpectralThundr 02-03-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2553006)

I only say that because you don't see the kind of calling out of it that you do if it's another publisher, like say an EA or Bethesda.