Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Division 2 'Warlords of New York' Expansion Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265288)

Evil Avatar 02-12-2020 06:52 AM

The Division 2 'Warlords of New York' Expansion Announced

Quote:

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Warlords of New York – Brand New Expansion releasing on 3rd March

Ubisoft has announced Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Warlords of New York, a narrative-driven expansion for The Division 2, available on March 3rd, 2020 on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Windows PC and UPlay+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and its expansion will also launch on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia, later in March.

Current The Division 2 players will be able to purchase the expansion on its own, whilst new players can purchase the Standard Edition, which includes The Division 2 base game and The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion. The Ultimate Edition, which gives players both the game and the expansion, as well as all of The Division 2’s Year 1 content, classified assignments and unlocked specializations, will also be available. All players must be at Level 30 and have reached World Tier 5 to join The Division 2 Warlords of New York. As such, each edition of the game will come with a Level 30 boost that players can activate if they wish to do so, to immediately jump into the New York expansion. After completing The Division 2 Warlords of New York campaign, Agents can then fast travel freely between Washington DC and New York City to enjoy the entire range of The Division 2’s content.

All players pre-purchasing the expansion will be granted a free Level 30 boost that they can use at their discretion to jump their character to Level 30 in The Division 2, ahead of the expansion’s release.
Warlords of New York.

Evil Avatar 02-12-2020 06:52 AM

shadow763 02-12-2020 07:12 AM

Base game is $3 bucks right now I think across all platforms.

Mozain 02-12-2020 08:39 AM

Bought the base game yesterday for $4 (CAD). After the lackluster open beta, I said I'd grab it on sale and well... Here I am.

Likely won't play it until March when this expansion drops though. Even though I didn't buy Warlords of New York, and I'm unlikely to until it's on deep sale like the base game, I did hear they are reworking the loot, UI, skills/talents, and a host of other stuff, so might as well wait to begin.

vallor 02-12-2020 01:22 PM

The Division 2 didn't grab me like the first.

So many things just felt... off.

1) Everything "reset" after you "beat the game" and you kinda started from scratch
2) Maybe it was because you didn't know what missions unlocked some upgrades in the settlements
3) or the time limits they put on some missions (1 week cool downs)
4) Or one-shot missions where a failure lost a bounty forever
5) The very heavy multiplayer incentives and always pushing for MP which felt annoying as hell

There were a lot of little things which by themselves were just a little annoying but added together made the game a little sucky.

DingBat 02-12-2020 04:43 PM

Is this game enjoyable solo? I have no interest in playing online with others.

vallor 02-12-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2553506)
Is this game enjoyable solo? I have no interest in playing online with others.

Yes and no. If you fail some items solo (mostly bounties) that’s it, the bounty goes away forever.

If you fail and send up a beacon for help and someone is able to help out in time out then you can still kill the bounty and get the spoils.

Outside of that it is a matter of do you mind the changes from the first, like the map which makes it much harder to find the collectibles and stuff.

And, of course, do you have the patience to kill an army of bullet sponges and occasionally cheating AI on some of the bigger missions by yourself to progress?

SpectralThundr 02-13-2020 12:14 AM

My issue is I wanted to know what happened with Keener in Div2, I didn't want them to go pretty much nowhere with the narrative and then dangle some closure from the first game with a paid expansion pack. That's a pretty shitty way to do it.

Kreigmstr 02-13-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2553510)
Yes and no. If you fail some items solo (mostly bounties) that’s it, the bounty goes away forever.

If you fail and send up a beacon for help and someone is able to help out in time out then you can still kill the bounty and get the spoils.

Outside of that it is a matter of do you mind the changes from the first, like the map which makes it much harder to find the collectibles and stuff.

And, of course, do you have the patience to kill an army of bullet sponges and occasionally cheating AI on some of the bigger missions by yourself to progress?

You lose the bounty. But usually there is a replacement, if your pulling them from the map. Because there is a linked chain of bounties.

If you build a good set of gear. Which is really endless farming to find the right tweaks with the current gear system. You can solo pretty much everything except the Raid. The new system is supposed to make getting the stuff you need for a good set easier.

Supposedly there is now an incentive system for players to help those who send up a beacon. It was added just before i went back to Destiny 2. So I never really checked it out.