Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cover Art for Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258054)

Evil Avatar 01-10-2019 06:05 PM

Cover Art for Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed

Via Ed Boon on Twitter.

Evil Avatar 01-10-2019 06:05 PM

MadMurdock_0311 01-10-2019 06:16 PM

I'll probably buy the Komplete version in a year, for ~$20.

Emabulator 01-10-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 (Post 2527908)
I'll probably buy the Komplete version in a year, for ~$20.

Roger that.

PatrickRes9 01-10-2019 07:34 PM

looks almost like Mortal Kombat II

Wizzkidd 01-10-2019 08:04 PM

It's my time to nerd out, new MK's only come out once every 4 years, and it has always been my favorite game series. I'll make sure I have the day off and buy whatever Kollector's Edition that they offer.

The Injustice games are pretty good, but Netherrealm's (and mine) real pride and joy is Mortal Kombat. Kan't wait!

shadow763 01-11-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527913)
looks almost like Mortal Kombat II

I wish it was something like an MK2 remake in disguise.

I love the series, fighting games just don't do it for me anymore. I can't stick with them like I used to. Kind of a bummer.

PatrickRes9 01-11-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2527937)
I wish it was something like an MK2 remake in disguise.

I love the series, fighting games just don't do it for me anymore. I can't stick with them like I used to. Kind of a bummer.

Same problem. The nostalgia almost tempts me to buy, but I already know I won't really play it much, which is a shame. I grew up pouring hundreds of hours into MK, Street Fighter II, Samurai Shodown, etc. Then played everything from clayfighters, killer instinct, bloody roar - on and on. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Couldn't even tell you why. I tried with Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 4, and Mortal Kombat (2011). I only got a few hours into the single player experience each time and quit. I also find fighting games to usually have terrible consistency with lag online for some reason. In games that require reflexes of fractions of a second, that's a deal breaker.

Chief Smash 01-11-2019 07:26 AM

Fighting games are only great when you can play them on the couch with a good friend. Of course, pretty much everything is better that way but especially fighting games. Online can't really replace that.

Chimpbot 01-11-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527938)
Same problem. The nostalgia almost tempts me to buy, but I already know I won't really play it much, which is a shame. I grew up pouring hundreds of hours into MK, Street Fighter II, Samurai Shodown, etc. Then played everything from clayfighters, killer instinct, bloody roar - on and on. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Couldn't even tell you why. I tried with Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 4, and Mortal Kombat (2011). I only got a few hours into the single player experience each time and quit. I also find fighting games to usually have terrible consistency with lag online for some reason. In games that require reflexes of fractions of a second, that's a deal breaker.

I always kinda hated playing against you in fighters, mainly because you dumped way more time into them than I typically did.

Chief Smash 01-11-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527962)
I always kinda hated playing against you in fighters, mainly because you dumped way more time into them than I typically did.

Haha, sounds like Patrick won the lion's share. :D

Mozain 01-11-2019 09:44 AM

Fighters are certainly my go-to game type.

However with Netherrealm I've kind of got to agree that waiting for the "Komplete" edition is best. Though I was quite pleased with the online improvements they made in MK10 XL.

I will always take any opportunity to wish for a new Bloody Roar game however, and we'll have to see about the new Samurai Shodown coming this year.

Chimpbot 01-12-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2527969)
Haha, sounds like Patrick won the lion's share. :D

He was one of the best of the bunch at fighters, growing up. They were his forte, back in the day.

Chief Smash 01-12-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2528125)
He was one of the best of the bunch at fighters, growing up. They were his forte, back in the day.

I can sympathize. I ran with a couple of gamer friends and they were better at everything ... except the original Street Fighter 2. I felt like Neo in the Matrix when I loaded that game up.

shadow763 01-14-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

That perfectly spells out my youth right there. I still buy the new stuff out of nostalgia as well. I just wait till they are super cheap since I know it is most likely a lost cause.

I made it pretty far in Mortal Kombat when they rebooted that series and added the whole story element. The nostalgia strings helped push me through most of the story, but I still ran out of steam. The worst part is that there are a ton of really good fighters out right now. A younger me would be in fighter bliss.

SpectralThundr 01-14-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

80 hit Cinder Combo.. that is all.