Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GreedFall Launches in September, E3 2019 Story Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260937)

Evil Avatar 06-06-2019 07:35 PM

GreedFall Launches in September, E3 2019 Story Trailer

Quote:

GreedFall’s Story Trailer is here: Forge your destiny in a mysterious new world

GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders, invites you to explore the magical island of Teer Fradee in its E3 Story Trailer. Emphasizing freedom and player choice, forge your own destiny when GreedFall releases in September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Today’s trailer dives into GreedFall’s epic story and setting, as settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters depart the old continent to converge on a remote island seeping with magic – rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. On the hunt for a cure to save your home continent from a devastating disease, you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the local natives protected by supernatural Guardians, manifestation of the island’s magic.

You can progress and succeed in quests through a multitude of paths. Whether utilizing combat, diplomacy or deception, the way you reach your objectives depends on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story.

GreedFall releases September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Steam page and wishlist option are now live!

Evil Avatar 06-06-2019 07:35 PM

GunFister 06-06-2019 08:53 PM

Wow.... Story-arc and setting brought to you by the folks that came up with "Indigenous People Day" mixed with a fair shake of Avatar magic-planet mumbo-jumbo..

Pass...

Evil Avatar 06-06-2019 09:40 PM

I love this company, you should give them the benefit of the doubt. They try hard to make great stuff.

I still need to go back and finish up Orcs and Men.

Meeks 06-06-2019 09:46 PM

And the award for dumbest title goes to...

GunFister 06-07-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

I love this company, you should give them the benefit of the doubt. They try hard to make great stuff.
I'll give you that they're probably a good company with talented folks...it's highly possible that the publisher pushed the storyline / concept.. Regardless, with only a limited amount of time to play games and the sheer number of good titles out there, I personally have NO desire to spend my money or limited free time on a game that has a story candy-wrapped in a giant virtue-signal anger-burger over the past.

Maybe I'm looking at this through jaded lenses but I just have better things to do than to endure another Far Cry "America and everything it stands for is Bad" make-believe storyline. Maybe they could just get back to Pirates/Robots/Ninjas/Zombies/Nazis as the token bad guys please..

Arionuq 06-09-2019 10:25 PM

Spider and focus really deserve credit for trying things no one else does. This COULD be crap...but spider has a habit of going off the beaten path. I doubt this will be 1st world jingoism or " Colonialist overlords ruined the world". Or if it is it will be BOTH depending on which side you take.