Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bleeding Edge - E3 2019 - Announce Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260987)

Evil Avatar 06-09-2019 07:08 PM

Bleeding Edge - E3 2019 - Announce Trailer

Take team combat to the Bleeding Edge.

Evil Avatar 06-09-2019 07:08 PM

Sensei-X 06-09-2019 08:35 PM

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Hopefully this shit is free, though even the investment of time seems like too much.

ElektroDragon 06-09-2019 09:52 PM

Overwatch clone, nuff said.

Scherge 06-10-2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539107)
Overwatch clone, nuff said.

I think you meant to say "wannabe Overwatch clone".

LostToys 06-10-2019 11:42 AM

Good thing Ninja Theory was bought out by Microsoft, as something like this would have otherwise killed their independent studio.

brandonjclark 06-10-2019 03:28 PM

I've pretty given up on Overwatch, but damn I really wanted to see that expand so much more than it did. I get that adding new maps and characters and modes should be enough, but I was expecting to see a branch out to some rpg elements given the games origin and some few events.

An Overwatch RPG similar to Borderlands sounds so cool.

Mozain 06-10-2019 05:19 PM

Overwatch clone? It's an Anarchy Reigns clone if anything.

Skunk 06-11-2019 09:44 PM

Heh, Yahtzee.

https://youtu.be/yz2QuoMvbGM?t=40

Booda 06-12-2019 09:02 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2x1DNlTZUKxJTg

Homophobic Bigot Changes His Ways After Stumbling Across Rainbow-Colored Corporate Logo On Facebook

Quote:

RICHARDSON, TX—Local homophobic bigot Dan Carlton was minding his own business, surfing the web on his laptop Tuesday afternoon when his whole world changed.

Carlton was idly scrolling down his Facebook feed when he saw a corporate logo changed to include rainbow colors, signifying the multi-billion-dollar company's ostensible support of the LGBT movement.

"Well, now that PlayStation, Xbox, and AT&T are gay, I guess I've got to give in," he said. "I was on the fence when I saw that GameStop and Nike were on board, but knowing that massive, faceless corporations support the movement, it's impossible to resist."

The man went immediately went outside and symbolically, but also literally, burned his "God Hates Fags" signs. He then went to a local gay bar and apologized to all the gay people he could find, hugging each one of them and saying he was sorry for all the homophobic memes, quotes, and jokes he had shared on his social media accounts in the past. They were frightened but warmed up to him when he showed them his LGBT PRIDE shirt he bought at Target on the way over.

"Forgive me---I knew not what I did."

Chief Smash 06-12-2019 10:52 AM

The thing that a lot of these companies seem to fail at is designing good characters for their character based combat game.

That's hilarious.

Evil Avatar 06-14-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539408)
The thing that a lot of these companies seem to fail at is designing good characters for their character based combat game.

Exactly. That is why Apex Legends is dying and why Fortnite is a massive success. You give players characters that they want to play and want to buy, not generic looking Sci Fi soldiers like Apex Legends or giant lesbian fat asses like Bleeding Edge.

Can you see paying cash to get new skins for that Buttercup character? Who in the world would do that?

It’s almost like a lot of these companies need an in-house advisor just to tell them if the game looks fun and looks cool. Because that is where so many of these games fail, they were doomed right from the start because of bad art or bad game design and you have to wonder why no one who works there ever stepped up to the plate and said, “Gee, this looks dumb and it isn’t much fun.”

Booda 06-14-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539518)
Exactly. That is why Apex Legends is dying and why Fortnite is a massive success. You give players characters that they want to play and want to buy, not generic looking Sci Fi soldiers like Apex Legends or giant lesbian fat asses like Bleeding Edge.

Again... Fortnight's success has fuck all to do with game play, graphic design or really anything that makes a good "video game" actually good.

Fortnite is not a game. It's a social media platform that let's you purchase a "to do list" that let's you purchase cosmetics to perform actions for your purchased "to do list". That way you can keep up with all current fashions & not be bullied for being a poor ass scrub. :rolleyes:

'Fortnite' Creator Epic Games Acquires Social Media App Houseparty

Quote:

“Fortnite is the number one service teens are using,” according to the report, “and audiences cite its social elements as the primary motivators for playing: It’s the best place to be my authentic self and to connect to what everyone is talking about, making me feel like I’m not alone.”