Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ralph Breaks the Internet Tops the Box Office Again (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257433)

Evil Avatar 12-03-2018 03:26 PM

Ralph Breaks the Internet Tops the Box Office Again

Ralph may not have broken the internet, but he broke the #1 spot at the box office for a second week in a row.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of November 30th to December 2nd, 2018.
  1. Ralph Breaks the Internet $25.5/$119.1
  2. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch $17.9/$203.7
  3. Creed II $16.6/$80.9
  4. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald $11.3/$134.5
  5. Bohemian Rhapsody $8.0/$164.3
  6. Instant Family $7.1/$45.9
  7. The Possession of Hannah Grace $6.4/$6.4
  8. Robin Hood $4.7/$21.8
  9. Widows $4.4/$33.0
  10. Green Book $3.9/$14.0
  11. 2.0 $2.7/$3.7
  12. A Star is Born $1.8/$193.7

Terran 12-03-2018 03:29 PM

Fantastic Pokemon sucks.

Sensei-X 12-03-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2525352)
Fantastic Pokemon sucks.

Why does everyone act surprised that Fantastic Beasts 2 is doing so poorly, the first one was a huge trash fire and while it brought in a fair amount of money even the most die hard Harry Potter fans thought the movie was shit. Still I wish it would've done better just to shut up all the people waving the whole Johnny Depp/Amber Heard shit around as the reason the movie did poorly, you know instead of the fact the movie just isn't very good.

Terran 12-03-2018 05:03 PM

I took my son to see it when the rest of the family was away and I just found it a lifeless bore. He said he enjoyed it but his body language was screaming 'bored' during it. At a Marvel film he's rooted to his seat. At PokePotter he was twisting and fidgeting all over the place.

It just wasn't good.

Kawika 12-05-2018 11:54 AM

Took my little one to see Ralph. I can't get into my criticism of the movie without going into spoiler territory but the original Wreck It Ralph might be one of my favorite Disney movies, I won't ever re-watch this one. My little one was extremely bored towards the middle and I could tell that I should have waited for Spider-Man to come out to go to the show.

Oh well. If you are going to watch it, watch it within the next few years because this movie is going to be extremely dated in the next 5-10 years.

Evil Avatar 12-05-2018 12:52 PM

I thought the movie was dated now, throwing out the names of a bunch of websites isn’t really humor, they missed the opportunity to really poke fun at everyone.

Chimpbot 12-05-2018 01:27 PM

I didn't mind Crimes of Grindlewald. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was entertaining enough. It definitely suffers from being the second part of a five-part story, though; its existence is more to set up future installments and I have a feeling it would be a bit better within the context of the whole story.

Evil Avatar 12-06-2018 06:08 AM

I liked Grindelwald well enough as a Potter movie, but I felt that Depp was a really weak villain with no real charisma, I thought that it would be more believable that people would follow Colin Farrell than Depp for sure and I thought the overall tone of the movie was just too dark for the second movie in a 5 movie series. Jacob was just this whiny character who was totally out of place the whole film, he was supposed to be the comedy sidekick to Newt’s straight man and instead he just spends the whole movie crying about his lost love. Not a good move for that character and they really left him nowhere to go at the end of the movie. He really has no part in the story any more.

I will probably still go see the next one for the big budget FX, but I’m not expecting much from the story other than just more wizards fighting wizards in what Deadpool would call the “Big CGI Battle”.