Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anthem has Gone Gold (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258318)

Evil Avatar 01-23-2019 07:31 PM

Anthem has Gone Gold

BioWare has announced via Twitter that Anthem has Gone Gold. In addition, they are adding a Destiny-style Social Hub area to the game called the Launch Bay, where you can interact with other players outside of the mission.

Anthem releases on February 22nd.

Terran 01-23-2019 07:38 PM

"Destiny-style" - insta boner kill. Done and gone.

karaliusbronius 01-23-2019 08:13 PM

Won't be as good as Destiny, its a totally different game. Yes there are 'some' similarities but all FPS games have similarities. Even after this game will have been out for a year it'll still be an infant compared to Destiny. I played the Alpha and I've done everything that Destiny has to offer and still love it. I am getting this game and will enjoy it with my friends but it will be no "Destiny" killer lol. There's a big difference between mechs and characters with light.

vallor 01-23-2019 08:34 PM

Will wait for user reviews, maybe even a demo. Not gunna buy a Bioware game sight unseen ever again.

It is launching far enough out it might show up on some spring sales if it doesn't drop price long before then.

Evil Avatar 01-23-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2529098)
Will wait for user reviews, maybe even a demo. Not gunna buy a Bioware game sight unseen ever again.

It is launching far enough out it might show up on some spring sales if it doesn't drop price long before then.

I played the Alpha, it was kinda dull. I'm on the fence, since there isn't much out right now I might buy it just to kill some time.

It's like Destiny, without the cool guns.

Wizzkidd 01-24-2019 04:32 AM

Props for releasing on time. I really expected this to get pushed until Fall. I'll be trying it out since I have Origin Access or whatever it's called.

Wizzkidd 01-24-2019 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2529102)
I played the Alpha, it was kinda dull. I'm on the fence, since there isn't much out right now I might buy it just to kill some time.

It's like Destiny, without the cool guns.

Well Crackdown 3 and Metro come out around the same time. Maybe even one more thing. There are more options than usual for a February.

BalekFekete 01-24-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2529098)

I'm doing the same, but primarily because Divsion 2 isn't too far out and I have major wood for that title.

Metal Jesus 01-24-2019 09:37 AM

I kinda feel like there is almost zero buzz around this game. Old school Bioware fans like me have almost no interest in this...

PatrickRes9 01-24-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2529079)
"Destiny-style"

blehhhhhhhhhhh Even the art and design. Yuck.

blackzc 01-24-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2529079)
"Destiny-style" - insta boner kill. Done and gone.

*slap slap, suck suck. Cmon bro..:D.

Anyhoo, i thought this game was already out?

blackzc 01-24-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2529156)
I kinda feel like there is almost zero buzz around this game. Old school Bioware fans like me have almost no interest in this...

Actually, can you think of a game that has any buzz that isnt fake AF and contrive?

I think we may have hit a wall. All i want to do at this point is play Hey you Pikachu on Switch in handheld mode and think about how cool the late 90s were.

Am i getting old?

*does fortnight dance with gun to head