Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jojo Rabbit's Trailer Features Taika Waititi as Imaginary Hitler (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261751)

Evil Avatar 07-23-2019 05:58 PM

Jojo Rabbit's Trailer Features Taika Waititi as Imaginary Hitler
 

Quote:

Writer director Taika Waititi (THOR: RAGNAROK, HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE), brings his signature style of humor and pathos to his latest film, JOJO RABBIT, a World War II satire that follows a lonely German boy (Roman Griffin Davis as JoJo) whose world view is turned upside down when he discovers his single mother (Scarlett Johansson) is hiding a young Jewish girl (Thomasin McKenzie) in their attic. Aided only by his idiotic imaginary friend, Adolf Hitler (Taika Waititi), Jojo must confront his blind nationalism.

In Theaters October 18, 2019

Evil Avatar 07-23-2019 05:58 PM


brandonjclark 07-23-2019 07:29 PM

In any other quadrennial, I wouldn't think this was in your face anti-right jew liberal propaganda.

^Seriously, does anyone else think the shit is being laid on thick?


I'm sick of hearing from both sides.

Support the jews! Free Palestine!

I don't fucking CARE!

Terran 07-23-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541402)
I don't fucking CARE!

Sums it up, lol. :D

Netflix heading for cancellation! :D

Chimpbot 07-23-2019 08:24 PM

Taika Waititi as Imaginary Friend Hitler? I'll check it out.

SpectralThundr 07-23-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541402)
In any other quadrennial, I wouldn't think this was in your face anti-right jew liberal propaganda.

^Seriously, does anyone else think the shit is being laid on thick?


I'm sick of hearing from both sides.

Support the jews! Free Palestine!

I don't fucking CARE!

Nuke em both and be done with it. You should care, da joos are the reason the west is being flooded with these 3rd worlders to begin with.

brandonjclark 07-23-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2541407)
Nuke em both and be done with it. You should care, da joos are the reason the west is being flooded with these 3rd worlders to begin with.

I don't suspect there is an elite underground railroad of yamakah-wearing escorts.

But I DO believe that this country (and Europe) are being flooded with unrealistic numbers of illegal immigrants directly due to the fact we have low birth rates, and those in power want their money.

How do they get more of it? Make more people.

SpectralThundr 07-23-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541408)
I don't suspect there is an elite underground railroad of yamakah-wearing escorts.

But I DO believe that this country (and Europe) are being flooded with unrealistic numbers of illegal immigrants directly due to the fact we have low birth rates, and those in power want their money.

How do they get more of it? Make more people.

That's part of it, the other part is those immigrants tend to be of lower IQ and are easier to trick into voting for socialism/marxism. Gotta replace those pesky white people doncha know. :rolleyes:

Terran 07-24-2019 05:53 AM

Netflix begins its inexorable slide into ignominious irrelevance.

Sheds $24 billion valuation in just days.

BYE BYE! :D

Edit: Wrong thread, too lazy to move it, yadda yadda, whatevs. :D

Evil Avatar 07-24-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2541406)
Taika Waititi as Imaginary Friend Hitler? I'll check it out.

Yea, my headline got kinda cut off there.

Evil Avatar 07-24-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2541407)
Nuke em both and be done with it. You should care, da joos are the reason the west is being flooded with these 3rd worlders to begin with.

I liked the Juice until he murdered his wife. Awww... who am I kidding, I still like him. He has a killer sense of humor.

Booda 07-24-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2541407)
Nuke em both and be done with it. You should care, da joos are the reason the west is being flooded with these 3rd worlders to begin with.

Ilhan Omar Getting Excited By All This Talk About Concentration Camps


Quote:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar had a big surprise when she logged into Twitter and saw the term “concentration camps” trending. “Is it finally happening?” she was heard exclaiming with a big smile as she read the news.

Her smile soon faded as she saw exactly what everyone was talking about. “Oh, that’s not real concentration camps,” she muttered. “I mean, I get what Alex is saying, but that’s not... that’s not what I was thinking of.”

Omar later told the press that she was still hopeful “something could be done about all those big money influences on Congress, if you know what I mean.” She then winked, to make sure everyone knew what she meant.

BadIronTree 07-24-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541402)
In any other quadrennial, I wouldn't think this was in your face anti-right jew liberal propaganda.

^Seriously, does anyone else think the shit is being laid on thick?


I'm sick of hearing from both sides.

Support the jews! Free Palestine!

I don't fucking CARE!

Check "The Great Hack" in Netflix... just got out...

Russia made both Extreme right FB pages and sites and Black life FB pages with memes ....and Events at the same region so they can fight lol

Next level propaganda (warfare)

ElektroDragon 07-24-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2541419)
Netflix begins its inexorable slide into ignominious irrelevance.

Sheds $24 billion valuation in just days.

BYE BYE! :D

Edit: Wrong thread, too lazy to move it, yadda yadda, whatevs. :D

It's because once Disney+ is live, eyeballs will leave Netflix in DROVES.

EL CABONG 07-24-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2541435)
It's because once Disney+ is live, eyeballs will leave Netflix in DROVES.

true. I turned off my netflix about a month ago. I may resub once in awhile to binge 2 or 3 shows I care about and then unsub.

If Disney plus is 70 bucks a year. It may be a better deal.

brandonjclark 07-24-2019 11:09 AM

I think what bugs me the most is the idea that the Nazi's were the biggest evil ever.

They simply weren't.

Communism has killed way more people.

Hell, the Soviets killed more Germans on their march from Stalingrad back to Germany than all of the Jews the Germans either roasted or died from malnutrition in the camps.

Mao was WAYYY worse than anyone.


Yet we never hear much about this in MSM or movies.

It's always Nazi this and Nazi that.

Yes, the Nazi's were true evil, but they aren't the only ones. In fact, there are better examples.

It's like someone WANTS us to believe they are the worst ever.

DingBat 07-24-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541438)
I think what bugs me the most is the idea that the Nazi's were the biggest evil ever.

They simply weren't.

Communism has killed way more people.

Hell, the Soviets killed more Germans on their march from Stalingrad back to Germany than all of the Jews the Germans either roasted or died from malnutrition in the camps.

Mao was WAYYY worse than anyone.


Yet we never hear much about this in MSM or movies.

It's always Nazi this and Nazi that.

Yes, the Nazi's were true evil, but they aren't the only ones. In fact, there are better examples.

It's like someone WANTS us to believe they are the worst ever.

It seems that you're angry that the show picked the third worst people in history, not the first? That sounds like ridicule but I assure you it's not. I'm just trying to understand your concern.

Wouldn't Occam's Razor provides another explanation? That Americans are simply more familiar with Nazis than the Soviets or Chinese Communists?

Waititi could certainly have made a show where a White Russian mother was hiding a young Cossack girl from the NKVD but then they'd have to spend an episode or two explaining why the girl needed hiding in the first place.

I mean, yeah, the Jewish people have an interest in keeping Nazis as generic bad guys. I'm not sure I blame them. I probably would too if I'd had the same experience. I'm pretty sure that the Roma don't have too many good things to say about the Nazis either.

Most Ukrainians I've met don't have too many good things to say about Russians either. The difference is that Ukrainians were still living under the yoke of the people that committed genocide against them, so they were understandably a little less free to vilify their tormentors than the Jewish people were after WW2.

SpectralThundr 07-24-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541438)
I think what bugs me the most is the idea that the Nazi's were the biggest evil ever.

They simply weren't.

Communism has killed way more people.

Hell, the Soviets killed more Germans on their march from Stalingrad back to Germany than all of the Jews the Germans either roasted or died from malnutrition in the camps.

Mao was WAYYY worse than anyone.


Yet we never hear much about this in MSM or movies.

It's always Nazi this and Nazi that.

Yes, the Nazi's were true evil, but they aren't the only ones. In fact, there are better examples.

It's like someone WANTS us to believe they are the worst ever.

And who was responsible for Communism? Nope wasn't Russians, it was Jewish Bolsheviks, yet Hitler is the most evil thing ever! We were sold a narrative that he gassed 6 million jews, more Russians and Americans died during WW2 than Jews to begin with. Jews have been pushing the muh 6 gorrilion lie since 1915. There's a reason they've been tossed out on their ass from more countries over the course of history than any other people.

brandonjclark 07-24-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2541439)
It seems that you're angry that the show picked the third worst people in history, not the first? That sounds like ridicule but I assure you it's not. I'm just trying to understand your concern.

Wouldn't Occam's Razor provides another explanation? That Americans are simply more familiar with Nazis than the Soviets or Chinese Communists?

Waititi could certainly have made a show where a White Russian mother was hiding a young Cossack girl from the NKVD but then they'd have to spend an episode or two explaining why the girl needed hiding in the first place.

I mean, yeah, the Jewish people have an interest in keeping Nazis as generic bad guys. I'm not sure I blame them. I probably would too if I'd had the same experience. I'm pretty sure that the Roma don't have too many good things to say about the Nazis either.

Most Ukrainians I've met don't have too many good things to say about Russians either. The difference is that Ukrainians were still living under the yoke of the people that committed genocide against them, so they were understandably a little less free to vilify their tormentors than the Jewish people were after WW2.

I get the fascination. I myself am fascinated with WW2. Add in that the Nazi's dressed so.... theatrically and it kinda makes sense.

But American's have fought a cold war against Commies for much longer than the relatively SHORT period of time they dealt with Nazi's.

It's not just this show.

It's how anyone who is for protecting our border through sensible immigration control is now labeled a Nazi.

It's how everyone and everything is reduced to a Nazi when they don't agree with you politically.

It's getting out of hand.

DingBat 07-24-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2541443)
I get the fascination. I myself am fascinated with WW2. Add in that the Nazi's dressed so.... theatrically and it kinda makes sense.

But American's have fought a cold war against Commies for much longer than the relatively SHORT period of time they dealt with Nazi's.

It's not just this show.

It's how anyone who is for protecting our border through sensible immigration control is now labeled a Nazi.

It's how everyone and everything is reduced to a Nazi when they don't agree with you politically.

It's getting out of hand.

Yes, the race to the bottom wrt labeling is becoming well practiced in our society. You are not allowed to have a difference of opinion these days.

On the other hand, in our neck of the woods, we are seeing a lot of literal Nazis-in-all-but-name coming out of the woodwork. If they aren't being deliberately emboldened these days, well they sure seem to feel they are.

With respect to the series that's the topic of the thread, I'm not sure if the director intended it to be a commentary on our times or just on ethics and morality in general. Sometimes a Nazi is just a plot foil.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM.