Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Harley Quinn DC Universe Preview (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261819)

Evil Avatar 07-26-2019 08:16 PM

Harley Quinn DC Universe Preview
 

For Mature Audiences. Here’s the First Look at #DCUHARLEYQUINN. Catch her this Fall, only on #DCUNIVERSE!

Evil Avatar 07-26-2019 08:16 PM


ministryofwrath 07-26-2019 08:43 PM

This looks... just terrible...

I suppose they are trying to catch up with their comic books.


The good old days and all that.

Sensei-X 07-26-2019 10:41 PM

Looks like a TV-MA version of Justice League Action. That being said it looks more entertaining that that terrible Batman and Harley Quinn direct to video movie they released a while back.


BeardedSonOfNel 07-27-2019 09:10 AM

I hate the art, the animation, and voice acting. I hate it.

Terran 07-27-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2541606)
I hate the art, the animation, and voice acting. I hate it.

https://i.imgur.com/C51Ks.png

https://i.imgur.com/8CGdeKg.gif

SpectralThundr 07-27-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2541599)
Looks like a TV-MA version of Justice League Action. That being said it looks more entertaining that that terrible Batman and Harley Quinn direct to video movie they released a while back.


Is that the one where Harley pretty much sexually assaults Robin? Or whoever the current iteration of Bats sidekick is? Such great messages to peddle to kids.

Sensei-X 07-27-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2541611)
Is that the one where Harley pretty much sexually assaults Robin? Or whoever the current iteration of Bats sidekick is? Such great messages to peddle to kids.

Yeah that one, it had the potential to be good, Batman and Harley in a full-length movie sounded like a good idea in theory. But I don't know wtf Bruce Timm was thinking (smoking) when he wrote the script to that mess.

Skunk 07-27-2019 03:16 PM

I dunno guys, the vibe I get from this is that it's going to be more like Venture Bros. or Archer in it's story and delivery.

I'll give it a firm, maybe.

MusicToEat 07-27-2019 04:55 PM

That looked absolutely terrible. I get that they're trying to be more edgy, but saying dickhead and hitting the joker in balls isn't edgy. What's up with that anyway? I know I'm not up on the latest with HQ, but isn't she madly in love with the joker? Is she a strong independent woman that don't need no man now?

Rommel 07-28-2019 04:47 AM

So we're just going to pretend that Harley's Brooklyn accent never existed?

Evil Avatar 07-28-2019 08:14 AM

Doesn’t look terrible, thought I have to laugh because DC still doesn’t know how to market their own characters. Dan DiDo was just crying about the fact that all their old stuff outsells everything they are currently doing.

Duh, then that means what you are doing now is crap and you need to go back to the “dark” period of the 80’s if you want the sales back.

You can’t turn DC into Marvel. Stop trying.

Chimpbot 07-28-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicToEat (Post 2541622)
That looked absolutely terrible. I get that they're trying to be more edgy, but saying dickhead and hitting the joker in balls isn't edgy. What's up with that anyway? I know I'm not up on the latest with HQ, but isn't she madly in love with the joker? Is she a strong independent woman that don't need no man now?

She used to be, but they've been transitioning the character away from that over the past few years. It's not that she necessarily "don't need no man now", but that she doesn't need the Joker (mainly because he's tried to kill her multiple times, including once when he thought she was pregnant with his child).

Terran 07-28-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2541638)
...transitioning the character...

Loaded, lol. Loaded language. :D She'll be the next 007, right? :D

Mad Max RW 07-28-2019 03:37 PM

Looks like shit.

Chimpbot 07-29-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2541639)
Loaded, lol. Loaded language. :D She'll be the next 007, right? :D

Heh, I figured you'd like that phrasing.

Remember, 007 iS jUsT a CoDeNaMe.

Skunk 07-30-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2541633)
So we're just going to pretend that Harley's Brooklyn accent never existed?

Maybe? I'm not an expert on this but did it ever exist outside the Fox animated cartoon series? I'm not sure.

It seems like the Margot Robbie-patterned Harley is different; more Midwestern.

That said, I press F. It's a hot accent.

Chimpbot 07-30-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2541698)
Maybe? I'm not an expert on this but did it ever exist outside the Fox animated cartoon series? I'm not sure.

It seems like the Margot Robbie-patterned Harley is different; more Midwestern.

That said, I press F. It's a hot accent.

Arlene Sorkin's performance - along with the accent - could be considered "definitive", since the character was created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini for the animated series. She was imported over from the show (as was their version of Mr Freeze), so it's arguable that any divergence from the original version is "less correct" (especially since Harley Quinn wouldn't exist without B:TAS).

SpectralThundr 07-30-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2541676)
Heh, I figured you'd like that phrasing.

Remember, 007 iS jUsT a CoDeNaMe.

I love that you wear your cuckedness like a badge of honor. Psst it isn't a badge of honor. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.