Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gears 5 Limited Edition Xbox One X Console Available for Preorder (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261983)

Evil Avatar 08-06-2019 09:56 AM

Gears 5 Limited Edition Xbox One X Console Available for Preorder

Quote:

With Early Access beginning a month from today you don’t have long to wait to get your hands on the biggest Gears ever. To celebrate, we’re excited to announce a suite of custom Gears 5 hardware, including a stunning Limited Edition Xbox One X console and controller; a headset, wireless keyboard and mouse from Razer (for console and PC); and external hard drives from Seagate.

Featuring the Omen submerged in ice and snow, the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition Bundle ($499) – the first Limited Edition Xbox One X since the Project Scorpio Edition – is designed by The Coalition and the Xbox Industrial Design Team. Available for preorder today at participating retailers worldwide, including Microsoft Store, the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition console features a never-before-seen dark translucent casing and laser-etched cracks across the console’s icy top surface, with snow drifting across a golden Locust symbol on the back.

This bundle features the limited edition Xbox One X, the Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears 5 Kait Diaz Limited Edition, a full-game download of Gears 5 Ultimate Edition, a full-game download of Gears of War Ultimate Edition, full-game downloads of Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, and Gears of War 4 (note that Gears 5 and Gears of War 4 are both Xbox Play Anywhere titles, meaning they are yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC), and 1-month memberships to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold along with in-game Ice Kait and the Ice Jack Character Skins. With 40 percent more power than any other console, a library of thousands of games and true 4K gaming, games play better and are more immersive on Xbox One X.

Beyond the ominous Omen insignia of the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition, the standard edition Xbox One X Gears 5 Bundle ($499) and the Xbox One S Gears 5 Bundle ($299) are also now available for preorder.
news.xbox.com

Metal Jesus 08-06-2019 03:46 PM

that does look pretty sweet!

Terran 08-06-2019 04:01 PM

That's some sharp looking design there! I love the controller in particular.

Still, I can't help but feel many of these series such as Gears and CoD have just long since lost my attention (cash). Something new is needed. Something unique, creative. #5 ain't it.

ministryofwrath 08-06-2019 10:01 PM

Gears of war cucked edition.

I've been a hardcore gears fan... And I'm open to being proved wrong, but seeing as how this entire games trailer is about the girl friend disobeying orders to follow her feelings, and Marcus being ok with that.... I taste snake oil

Juan 08-07-2019 04:16 AM

Looks proper woke.

Chief Smash 08-07-2019 05:41 AM

It looks cool but it feels like a waste. I used to love the series but it really couldn't be any more off the radar for me now. I'm not mad that they made any changes here or there. I just don't care.

NESter the Unlikely 08-07-2019 06:13 AM

Imagine actually buying an Xbun. A Gears of Woke Xbun no less.

Sensei-X 08-07-2019 10:28 AM

Looks alright, but unless you're a collector I don't see the point of spending $499 on a dead console, with the next Xbox a little over a year away.

MadMurdock_0311 08-07-2019 12:30 PM

I preordered the Limited One X bundle. I'll likely sell my standard One X console and the game code that this comes with, because I have no interest in this series... All I want is that console and controller.

Also, there are so many triggered "alpha males" in this thread; It's fucking hilarious. Calm down, boys, no one is trying to neuter you. Why not get upset about something a little more important than these 3rd wave feminists. You getting upset like this just gives them power, just roll your eyes and move along.

Chief Smash 08-07-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 (Post 2542053)
I preordered the Limited One X bundle. I'll likely sell my standard One X console and the game code that this comes with, because I have no interest in this series... All I want is that console and controller.

Also, there are so many triggered "alpha males" in this thread; It's fucking hilarious. Calm down, boys, no one is trying to neuter you. Why not get upset about something a little more important than these 3rd wave feminists. You getting upset like this just gives them power, just roll your eyes and move along.

Translation, I need to make fun of some people to make up for the fact that I like this crappy thing.

vallor 08-07-2019 09:08 PM

Yeah, not so interested in Gals of War but the console does look nice.

Not going to dump a lot of money into a rig which will be obsolete in a year or less though with Xbox whatever they end up calling Scarlett likely coming out next year.

Three strikes on this one, even if it's a damn pretty case.

Inkabodcrane 08-08-2019 03:06 AM

The console looks cool.

The game looks as good as every other Gears game. I never got the fascination with this series. I've played every game to completion, I guess assuming I was having fun, but nothing was ever memorable or great. How Cliff Blezinski got famous for this series is beyond me. All it ever was to me was a good *looking* game.

I got Xbox gamepass for free or like $1 or something until next July, so I'll get this on launch day. So I'll play it. Will I finish it like all the rest? Maybe, because the game will probably be fine, but more importantly I still enjoy achievements! Fracking Nintendo get on that shit already!