Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Last of Us Part II Delayed to May 29, 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263529)

Chief Smash 10-25-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2546909)
In your own mind ;)

And since you said
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2546907)
Alright if you say so.

then it counts. :D

DingBat 10-25-2019 01:51 PM

Didnít the dlc from TLoU reveal she was a lesbian? That was how long ago?

I get that in this day and age ideology is more important than anything, but címon. If thereís just one game company that gets an automatic nod based on its track record, to my mind it would have to be Naughty Dog. Perhaps even more than CDPR.

Chief Smash 10-25-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2546916)
Didnít the dlc from TLoU reveal she was a lesbian? That was how long ago?

I get that in this day and age ideology is more important than anything, but címon. If thereís just one game company that gets an automatic nod based on its track record, to my mind it would have to be Naughty Dog. Perhaps even more than CDPR.

I honestly lost track of Naughty Dog over the years. I loved the Crash games back in the day and I started the Jak and Daxter series but never finished it. I only caught up with the Uncharted series because I got the PS4 that came with the collection. And they were definitely cool in their own way. But for some reason, Last of Us never appealed to me enough to want to pick it up for whatever reason. Maybe it's because Naughty Dog titles became more playable movies than games to me and Last of Us didn't look like a "movie" I would have liked much. I can't say for sure. But no matter the dev, even if it was CDPR, I'd give them the business if they worked this stuff in as prominently as Naughty Dog did in that last trailer. I really honestly don't care all that much. Make whatever game or story you want. But I'll reserve the right to mock it like the old man I am.

BillyWilliamton 10-25-2019 07:39 PM

LGBTQs are so oppressed in western civ that they constantly have companies signaling for their dollars yet none of those same companies will say anyting against China. Must be so oppressed. :rolleyes:

Sir_Smokes_Alot 10-25-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyWilliamton (Post 2546936)
LGBTQs are so oppressed in western civ that they constantly have companies signaling for their dollars yet none of those same companies will say anyting against China. Must be so oppressed. :rolleyes:

Depends on were you live and who you are dealing with.

vivafletcher 10-25-2019 09:40 PM

The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.

SpectralThundr 10-25-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivafletcher (Post 2546940)
The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.

No one does care that they're gay, they care when it's shoved in their face constantly however. The two aren't one and the same.

Sir_Smokes_Alot 10-25-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivafletcher (Post 2546940)
The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.

Didn't grow up in fundamentalist Christian religion I did trust me some people really do care...

SpectralThundr 10-25-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2546942)
Didn't grow up in fundamentalist Christian religion I did trust me some people really do care...

I'm about as non religious as they get actually.

Sir_Smokes_Alot 10-25-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2546943)
I'm about as non religious as they get actually.

Same only pointing out a lot of people care more then they should and don't mind there own business I have seen it first hand growing up.

RAV 10-26-2019 01:46 AM

I know that it seems like it shouldn't matter, but unfortunately it does...
We like to say that the gameplay is most important, but that doesn't mean that the thematic setup isn't.
People definitely have preferences what kind of themes and stories they want to watch or play.
Some are really into sci-fi, others into D&D fantasy, some like more romance, others more action, etc
And even in the particular details, when you look at romantic/lewd stuff, straights wanna look at straight stuff, and gays at gay stuff. there mostly is no overlap.
It's not necessarily about hatred, or that different things shouldn't exist, but unfortunately these kind of preferences matter a lot, and it can be disappointing:
Joel in the first game was a major point why many liked playing it. The characters and themes presented now just leave most people cold. It just is what it is.

Juan 10-26-2019 11:49 AM

I’m as bored with the constant lgbt shit as anyone but complaining about a sequel to one the best games ever made just because the main character is a lesbian just makes you sounds like a bigoted loser.

SpectralThundr 10-26-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2546952)
Iím as bored with the constant lgbt shit as anyone but complaining about a sequel to one the best games ever made just because the main character is a lesbian just makes you sounds like a bigoted loser.

If TLOU is in your "best game ever" category you have some low standards there.

Juan 10-26-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2546953)
If TLOU is in your "best game ever" category you have some low standards there.

Last of Us is widely regarded as one of the best games ever. You put 600 hours into Robotech and you’re a Holocaust denier so please excuse me while I ignore your opinion on any subject.

RAV 10-26-2019 12:51 PM

Because it's such a cinematic and story driven experience about human relationships, this factor plays a bigger role than in other games.
It would be less of a factor in a classic game like the old Metroid or whatever.
Somehow I kinda always assumed Samus is a hot lesbian, but it just didn't matter in the game whatsoever.

SpectralThundr 10-26-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2546954)
Last of Us is widely regarded as one of the best games ever. You put 600 hours into Robotech and youíre a Holocaust denier so please excuse me while I ignore your opinion on any subject.

Battletech get it right you dumb shit. TLOU had terrible combat and a shittastic ending which made the entire point of the game moot. Had to make sequels somehow I suppose, killing off Lesbian Prime would have ended it after 1 game.

vallor 10-27-2019 12:39 AM

If the entire thing didn't seem like the game was a revenge fantasy for killing the lesbian lover it might be more widely accepted.

The first was about a beautiful, well crafted, dangerous world and you wanted to avoid certain things as much as possible. You navigated the enemies, sure but for the most part it was the world and what happened and the danger of even just travelling in this place.

This one seems to be about a girl who is going on a Rambo style hunt. The world may play a small part but it seems they've simplified the theme to the Woman in the Refrigerator trope.

Juan 10-27-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2546978)
If the entire thing didn't seem like the game was a revenge fantasy for killing the lesbian lover it might be more widely accepted.
[/URL] trope.

remove the word lesbian from the above paragraph and we all know this Ďcontroversyí goes away. What exactly is wrong with a revenge story?

As I said, I agree about the pushing of left, lgbt agenda through the media is out of control but this outrage is a step too far.

SpectralThundr 10-27-2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2546980)
remove the word lesbian from the above paragraph and we all know this Ďcontroversyí goes away. What exactly is wrong with a revenge story?

As I said, I agree about the pushing of left, lgbt agenda through the media is out of control but this outrage is a step too far.

So you don't like the agenda pushing, yet speaking out against it you don't like either. You need to take a stand and grow a fucking spine.

AlfredT 10-27-2019 06:37 AM

Haven't played this cuz I'm just a simple PC man. But that being said, does the main character being a lesbian effect gameplay? Not trying to add fuel to the dick measuring contest here, I was just wondering other than for story, does it come into any actual difference in gameplay?

Like are the err.. mushroom zombies or whatever less aggressive to her because she munches carpet?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 AM.