Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   R-Type Final 2 Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259764)

Emabulator 04-03-2019 01:10 PM

R-Type Final 2 Teaser Trailer

https://live.staticflickr.com/7819/3...653556f0_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Emabulator 04-03-2019 01:10 PM

DingBat 04-03-2019 01:29 PM

I used to play the hell out of this way back in the day.

Everything old is new again.

Terran 04-03-2019 02:25 PM

More of a Gradius guy myself. Damn, some of those games are HARD! So much fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2534582)
Everything old is new again.

Wish that worked for my liver. And my back. And my eyesight. And my... :D

LostToys 04-03-2019 09:50 PM

I loved R-Type and its brother from another mother, Einhander. If this ends up being any good, it will be a definite purchase for me.

Scherge 04-04-2019 12:42 AM

Wow! I forgot this game existed! Now I vaguely remember spending dozens of hours unlocking the 100+ different ships! It was so awesome, actually getting rewarded for playing a shoot'em up instead of being constantly punished! I'll definitely give this one a closer look once it's out.

Slightly off-topic: Why are Japanese trailers so weird? Ethereal setup, gameplay snippet with techno beats, slow love song, pressing the Start button with a bang. I love it, but why?

blackzc 04-04-2019 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2534588)
More of a Gradius guy myself. Damn, some of those games are HARD! So much fun.

Wish that worked for my liver. And my back. And my eyesight. And my... :D

I really like the Raiden games lately. Ive played more 2D shooters in the past year than i have ever.

If you like Gradius get a Pi and load up Aero Fighters on TG16. That game is slick as fug. Gets near impossible at around lvl 6 tho. Even as a kid that's as far as i could get.

Chief Smash 04-04-2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2534631)
I really like the Raiden games lately. Ive played more 2D shooters in the past year than i have ever.

If you like Gradius get a Pi and load up Aero Fighters on TG16. That game is slick as fug. Gets near impossible at around lvl 6 tho. Even as a kid that's as far as i could get.

The TG16 had some great shmups. Blazing Lazers is considered a classic by many and I have fond memories of Super Star Solider too. And don't forget Axelay on the SNES. I haven't played one of these games in years but Metal Jesus posted a video about some good looking shmups on the Switch I believe. I was tempted to pick one up and put my old reflexes to the test.

BeardedSonOfNel 04-04-2019 05:20 AM

R-Type, and its many games are some of my favorites. I play at least one R-Type game a week.

Over the last few years SHMUPs have become my favorite type of game. I thought they were too hard as a kid, but now; for some reason they relax me.

This is great news!!!

BeardedSonOfNel 04-04-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534633)
The TG16 had some great shmups. Blazing Lazers is considered a classic by many and I have fond memories of Super Star Solider too. And don't forget Axelay on the SNES. I haven't played one of these games in years but Metal Jesus posted a video about some good looking shmups on the Switch I believe. I was tempted to pick one up and put my old reflexes to the test.

The TG-16/PC Engine has become my favorite retro console due to all of the amazing and great SHMUPs in its library. The PC Engine's CD version of R-Type really good!.

Chief Smash 04-04-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2534639)
The TG-16/PC Engine has become my favorite retro console due to all of the amazing and great SHMUPs in its library. The PC Engine's CD version of R-Type really good!.

It's not really a shmup but if you haven't played Ninja Spirit, give it a try. It's a sort of shooter platformer mix but I really enjoyed it back in the day.

Man I miss that system. I actually I have a working console sitting in a closet about 10 feet away but I sold off almost all of the games when I was young and stupid.

Misanthropist 04-04-2019 09:51 PM

r-type final was my fav r-type and possibly an all time favorite schmup. So many cool ships to unlock and then eventually custom ship combinations with over 150 unique and badass weapon combinations. i still have my ps2 copy.
I wish this was a NEW r-type game.

excalibur1814 04-05-2019 04:14 AM

Turrican 2's schmup section...

Scherge 04-08-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2534744)
Turrican 2's schmup section...

http://www.everythingamiga.com/wp-co...akis-lives.png

blackzc 04-08-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2534639)

Im emulating on a Pi right now, i have all JAP/US roms and images working great, but to play these on hardware is still something i have to do. I miss the Turbo Pad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534673)
Man I miss that system. I actually I have a working console sitting in a closet about 10 feet away but I sold off almost all of the games when I was young and stupid.

I traded my TG 16 for a portable CD player. Decent trade at the time, not now.