Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pure Evil - Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259819)

Evil Avatar 04-06-2019 09:49 AM

Pure Evil - Finished Red Dead Redemption 2
 

As part of my Staycation™ I finished up Red Dead Redemption 2's campaign and the two Epilogue sections. There are still a mountain of Trophies that I don't think I'll go back to get.

I got a Congratulations e-mail from PlayStation when I finished the game! Ha!

I charged up one of the controllers on my PS3, I think I might do the last few missions in Red Dead Redemption now, just to be a completest. I think I was right near the very end.

Emabulator 04-06-2019 10:04 AM

I need to restart RDR2. I started on it and got distracted by the StarCraft remake.

ministryofwrath 04-06-2019 10:18 AM

I'm just doing the last few missions, building the farm ect.

not sure how much more game I have left, but my god the game is far longer than I thought.

I love it, and I actually think it captures you in character investment better than some movies, my hats off to rockstar in that regard.

Evil Avatar 04-06-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2534869)
I'm just doing the last few missions, building the farm ect.

not sure how much more game I have left, but my god the game is far longer than I thought.

I love it, and I actually think it captures you in character investment better than some movies, my hats off to rockstar in that regard.

If you are John Marston and doing your farming stuff, you are almost at the very end of the game. There is only a few little missions with Sadie that tie up the storyline and then you are free to do open world stuff as Marston for as long as you want for Trophy hunting.

It also opens up all the map, including all the lands from Red Dead Redemption. Which makes me wonder if they have plans for an expansion pack???

ministryofwrath 04-06-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2534871)
If you are John Marston and doing your farming stuff, you are almost at the very end of the game. There is only a few little missions with Sadie that tie up the storyline and then you are free to do open world stuff as Marston for as long as you want for Trophy hunting.

It also opens up all the map, including all the lands from Red Dead Redemption. Which makes me wonder if they have plans for an expansion pack???

Really.... are you allowed to finish off all the extra side missions at that point?

I suppose when I have enough time to finish it I'll find out.

TheHulk 04-06-2019 12:21 PM

Thanks for posting that screen. I'm sure it's the only time I will ever see it...

ElektroDragon 04-06-2019 12:40 PM

The pace of this game was is so slow I can't even get started on it.

Chimpbot 04-06-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2534871)
If you are John Marston and doing your farming stuff, you are almost at the very end of the game. There is only a few little missions with Sadie that tie up the storyline and then you are free to do open world stuff as Marston for as long as you want for Trophy hunting.

It also opens up all the map, including all the lands from Red Dead Redemption. Which makes me wonder if they have plans for an expansion pack???

Mexico isn't available, although some of it is "there" in that you can see across the border. People have found ways to clip their way over into Mexico and there are a handful of buildings...but that's it.

I'm really hoping we'll get a "remastered" RDR as an expansion for RDR2. It'd be awesome to be able to segue directly into the first game's content.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2534874)
Really.... are you allowed to finish off all the extra side missions at that point?

I suppose when I have enough time to finish it I'll find out.

I think pretty much all of the side mission stuff is doable by both Arthur and John. If you start one as John, it just starts up like normal (just with John instead of Arthur). If you start (but don't complete) a stranger mission as Arthur and pick it back up as John, you'll hear some dialogue from John explaining how he's visiting some of Arthur's old friends. After that, everything continues as normal. As far as I can tell, all of the dialogue is essentially the same.

John gets all of Arthur's stuff, including his journal; that's how he knows who to visit from an in-game perspective. He picks up writing in the journal like Arthur did; his drawings are, however, not quite as good.

Dag-Sabot 04-06-2019 02:44 PM

It's the first videogame that made me think I had narcolepsy. *spoiler* Online mode is straight up garbage.

Ghostblaze 04-06-2019 04:18 PM

This game was super long. Took me 4 months to beat.

blackzc 04-06-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2534877)
The pace of this game was is so slow I can't even get started on it.

Same, if i ever end up bed bound for a long period of time i will redownload it and play through it. But until then ive just got shit to do.

I do wish i had the patients tho.

Evil Avatar 04-06-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostblaze (Post 2534896)
This game was super long. Took me 4 months to beat.

If you stick to the story missions, it's not that long. I spent a lot of gameplay sessions just messing around doing hunting and fishing and stuff. If I had just gone from central mission to mission, it probably would have only taken a few days to complete.

Ghostblaze 04-07-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2534903)
If you stick to the story missions, it's not that long. I spent a lot of gameplay sessions just messing around doing hunting and fishing and stuff. If I had just gone from central mission to mission, it probably would have only taken a few days to complete.

Yeah very true. I was always getting side tracked with other things. Especially finding the serial killer that was a fun little side mission.

Evil Avatar 04-07-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostblaze (Post 2534921)
Yeah very true. I was always getting side tracked with other things. Especially finding the serial killer that was a fun little side mission.

Hunting is the most time consuming, and fishing. When you are hunting specific animals, you can spend hours riding from one side of the map to the other looking for them, then riding back to the trapper to turn in your "perfect" skin before some asshat bounty hunter or side quest kills you and you lose it.

I lost a bunch of perfect alligator skins that way.

Ghostblaze 04-08-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2534948)
Hunting is the most time consuming, and fishing. When you are hunting specific animals, you can spend hours riding from one side of the map to the other looking for them, then riding back to the trapper to turn in your "perfect" skin before some asshat bounty hunter or side quest kills you and you lose it.

I lost a bunch of perfect alligator skins that way.

I was making so much money I always payed off my bounties so I wouldn't have to deal with the bounty hunters. I crafted many items but gave up on a few because I couldn't find a panther anywhere to spawn.

Inkabodcrane 04-08-2019 07:10 PM

Props for finishing it! I fell off after about 20 hours, and the couple of times I tried to go back, the combination of the slow movement with the giant map makes me just say screw it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM.