Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Respawn tackles Apex Legends PC cheaters with hardware ID bans (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259821)

Emabulator 04-07-2019 11:49 AM

Report: Respawn tackles Apex Legends PC cheaters with hardware ID bans

Quote:

Apex Legends PC cheaters are reporting that developer Respawn has banned them with hardware ID bans.

In threads popping up across ResetEra and Reddit (via PC Gamer), PC players who admit they've cheated are trying to find ways to bypass the ban. Usual workarounds like IP changes are not working, nor will attempts to use secondary accounts, whether or not those accounts have been cheating or not.

"I am HWID banned," wrote Chunk. "Can anyone help and let me know what I can do to bypass this so I can play normal. Everytime I create a new account it gets banned."

Another Redditor shared updates of a streamer who was continually banned on livestream, sending live updates as the cheater went from bragging that "they can't keep [him] out" to giving up entirely and switching to a fishing game. (Sadly, we're unable to watch the video ourselves as the streamer deleted all of their archived videos shortly afterwards).
Eurogamer.

Terran 04-07-2019 12:10 PM

"I am HWID banned," wrote Chunk. "Can anyone help and let me know what I can do to bypass this so I can play normal. Everytime I create a new account it gets banned."

I love this shit. 'I got caught cheating and I'm having a hard time cheating my way around their cheater-filter that keeps me from playing the game I cheated at. Can anyone help me cheat to get back into the game I cheated at so I can now not cheat?'

lolololfuckyou. :D
#GetaLife
#DealWithIt
#GoodBye4ev3r

AlfredT 04-07-2019 04:13 PM

Lol. Good for them.

That being said, HWID bans are pretty easy to bypass.

vallor 04-07-2019 05:15 PM

This makes me happy. I love when the game companies go hardnosed on cheaters.

I worked on a security API that used HWID to track software lock/unlock so I know what you need to do to get rid of it but I'll be damned if I'm going to tell any jackhole who cheats at videogames how to.

Besides, it can take a lot of effort and I doubt any of these folks are up to the contortions required. The easiest part is a fresh install of the OS, then we get to talk about the MAC number on the NIC and it just gets worse from there.

MavenACTG 04-07-2019 07:36 PM

I know the story is trying to be neutral in its presentation, but god damn, I don't want to know people that think like these cheaters and blanket assume they are entitled to access to a game.

If these people weren't *immediately* called out, that is more bothersome. Only thing worse than a dickhead is an enabler to one.

excalibur1814 04-08-2019 02:15 AM

How about allowing the cheaters to only connect to games that feature the other cheaters. Cheats play cheats and players play players.

There should be a special place for cheaters as they must be lacking in life.

AlfredT 04-08-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2534964)
How about allowing the cheaters to only connect to games that feature the other cheaters. Cheats play cheats and players play players.

There should be a special place for cheaters as they must be lacking in life.

Yea R* does that with GTA:O. For the most part they do a good job, though sometimes their auto-ban is a bit stupid/non appealish. (I got banned till the 24th because I forgot to turn off my VPN software. No appeal. Well its my own stupidity so no biggie.)

actusoul 04-08-2019 09:01 AM

Cheaters are POS. Ban should be company wide for any product.