Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247547)

Evil Avatar 08-10-2017 10:01 AM

Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition Announced

Quote:

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition

Return to the Wasteland on September 26 with Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition. With all the latest gameplay updates (including Survival mode), graphical enhancements, the ability to play Mods for free on PC and consoles, plus all official add-ons included, this is the ultimate way to experience the award-winning post-nuclear adventure from Bethesda Game Studios.

Winner of more than 200 “Best Of” awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year – Fallout 4 is the studio’s most ambitious game yet. As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland.

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition includes the fully updated original game along with all six add-ons: Nuka-World, Vault-Tec Workshop, Contraptions Workshop, Far Harbor, Wasteland Workshop and Automatron. Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition will be available on September 26 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Be sure to reserve your copy in the upcoming weeks from select digital and physical retailers.
I will probably pick this up next year to get all the DLC since I only own the base game.

Mad Max RW 08-10-2017 10:21 AM

The only DLC worth it on sale is Far Harbor and Nuka World. They still need mods to be fully enjoyed (less fog mod for Far Harbor and a mod to skip being forced into raiding your own Commonwealth settlements in Nuka World), then again the game itself requires at least a dozen mods to make it enjoyable. I don't remember it being celebrated as "Game of the Year" by anybody and had a pretty average reception even though it sold a shit ton. The rest of the DLC are half assed addons to settlement building you can find the equivalent or better at the Fallout Nexus for free.

Dag-Sabot 08-10-2017 12:03 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. and when you finally finish modding the xbox version to what works for you then you get to experience more crashes than airflot.

Chimpbot 08-10-2017 12:08 PM

Well, I enjoyed the game without any mods and the DLC was decent, overall. Of course, I picked up the season pass before the price hike, so I got a decent amount of content for the price.

I put a couple hundred hours into the game, easily.

Mad Max RW 08-10-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2490205)
Agree wholeheartedly. and when you finally finish modding the xbox version to what works for you then you get to experience more crashes than airflot.

You're wasting your time playing Fallout 4 with mods on anything other than a very good PC.

ElektroDragon 08-10-2017 06:21 PM

That wearable PiP Boy was by far the stupidest CE purchase decision I've ever made.

vallor 08-10-2017 11:10 PM

I like the "the ability to play Mods for free on PC and consoles" bit. As if this was a gift from them.

Which I guess it sort of is based on all the rumblings and attempts from Bethesda last few years to to monetize every little texture or button people make.

Mojopin 08-11-2017 06:44 AM

Got the PS4 version with all the DLC back when it released and I had a potato for a PC. Didn't spend as much time with it as I have with Skyrim (I'm still playing the remasters on PS4 and PC, LOL :rolleyes:) but I did enjoy it. It'll be nice to pick this up on Steam eventually.

Chimpbot 08-11-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojopin (Post 2490269)
Got the PS4 version with all the DLC back when it released and I had a potato for a PC. Didn't spend as much time with it as I have with Skyrim (I'm still playing the remasters on PS4 and PC, LOL :rolleyes:) but I did enjoy it. It'll be nice to pick this up on Steam eventually.

I picked it up for the Xbox One back when I was in a similar situation; I was happy when they added mods, especially when compared to the restricted mod offerings allowed on the PS4 version.

I got a new PC a few months ago, so I wouldn't have any issues running it now.

ministryofwrath 08-12-2017 08:31 PM

I never finished fallout4, it hardly kept my attention.

They lost the desperation feel to the world I felt in fallout 3

And the modding community had to wait so long to start modding by the time they did I had moved on.

I suppose with mods I should give this a visit, maybe once I buy my new laptop I'll use that as a excuse to play through fallout 4

Azrael 08-13-2017 05:26 AM

Currently replaying the game and I love it. Strongly deserves to be in the GOTY discussion for 2015.

Terran 08-14-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Strongly deserves to be in the GOTY discussion for 2015.
You planning on traveling back in time to give it its due? ;)