Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for July 16th to July 22nd, 2017 #Valerian (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246914)

Evil Avatar 07-17-2017 09:44 AM

Game & Movie Releases for July 16th to July 22nd, 2017 #Valerian

Releases for July 16th to July 22nd, 2017

Retail Games
Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Fortnite (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Movies & TV
Kong: Skull Island
Free Fire
Resident Evil: Vendetta
The Promise
The 100: The Complete Fourth Season
The Expanse: Season Two
K: Return of Kings
Buster's Mal Heart
Three Leaves, Three Colors: The Complete Series
Stalker Criterion Collection
Another Evil
Record of Lodoss War: Complete OVA Series + Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
No Man's Land
Freeway
Stormy Monday
The Bat People

Box Office
Dunkirk
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Girls Trip
Landline
The Midwife

LostToys 07-17-2017 10:08 AM

Renting Splatoon 2 and still trying to determine if I will bother with Fortnite, or wait for its F2P release next year. We will see how much I like Splatoon 2.

LostToys 07-17-2017 10:12 AM

Also, totally forgot about Record of Lodoss War (Blu-ray). I've had that pre-ordered for months, so completely forgot that it was coming out this week. Can't wait to rewatch this classic 90's anime.

Chimpbot 07-17-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2488142)
Also, totally forgot about Record of Lodoss War (Blu-ray). I've had that pre-ordered for months, so completely forgot that it was coming out this week. Can't wait to rewatch this classic 90's anime.

All of the anime I used to watch - or wanted to watch and never got a chance to - is getting rereleased this year, it seems.

This week will probably result in me owning Skull Island and Splatoon 2.

LostToys 07-17-2017 11:00 AM

I'll rent Skull Island, but that means only getting it on Blu-ray and not UHD Blu-ray. But I am fine with that at the moment. UHD Blu-rays, for the most part, are not substantially better than Blu-rays because the digital intermediate and special effects are still done primarily in 2K.

vallor 07-17-2017 11:03 AM

A rental of skull island is way more than it deserves, IMO. I forgot about Fortnite. I got my copy for free for friends and family->Alpha->beta testing so I should probably take advantage of the headstart.

But since I've already played the game off and on for like 5 years it's sort of hard to get that excited about it.

Methos 07-17-2017 02:20 PM

Watch: Valerian
Skip: Kong Skull Island
Buy: The Expanse season 2

PacerDawn 07-17-2017 04:35 PM

I would go see Valarian, but I really wanted to see it in IMAX and they (my local IMAX theater) are instead showing Dunkirk in IMAX (in 2D no less) instead.

That says a lot for how they think this movie is going to perform...

brandonjclark 07-17-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2488189)
I would go see Valarian, but I really wanted to see it in IMAX and they (my local IMAX theater) are instead showing Dunkirk in IMAX (in 2D no less) instead.

That says a lot for how they think this movie is going to perform...

Meh, Dunkirk might be the best film in years if the critics are to be believed. I wouldn't say that's a major reflection on Valerian's supposed performance.