Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Writer For The Witcher Netflix Series Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250335)

BeardedSonOfNel 12-10-2017 09:08 AM

Writer For The Witcher Netflix Series Announced

Via gameinformer

Quote:

Back in May it was announced that Netflix was making an episodic show based on The Witcher. Now we know who's writing it.

Variety reports that Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, who's written Daredevil, The Defenders, and the Starz series Powers, will be penning the show. Sean Daniel (of The Expanse fame), Tomek Baginski, and Jarek Sawko are still executive producing the project, which originally began as a film based on the books by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Evil Avatar 12-10-2017 09:51 AM

The Defenders is pretty unwatchable.

ascl 12-10-2017 10:57 AM

Damn, I was looking forward to this too.

EL CABONG 12-10-2017 11:01 AM

Yeah the marvel Netflix shows are a mixed bag at best. If it is just people talking with action scenes every 3rd or 4th episode it will be boring. Maybe he can fight vampires and creatures that can be played by humans in makeup. TV CGI monsters are often really bad and eat a lot of budget.

Emabulator 12-10-2017 11:40 AM

I guess getting Andrzej Sapkowski was out of the question?

blackzc 12-10-2017 12:17 PM

There are books? I gotta look into those.

That TV show is gonna not be good very much at all.

vallor 12-10-2017 04:54 PM

That list of shows display uneven writing at best. I can't believe they'd put that writer at the front considering all the mixed feedback they've gotten.

Mad Max RW 12-10-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2501047)
There are books? I gotta look into those.

That TV show is gonna not be good very much at all.

The games are loosely based on the very popular Polish book series. Most of them have been translated to English and are quite good. They are kind of like a more contained and trimmed down Game of Thrones with more monsters right at the start.

There was a terrible live action series on Polish tv several years ago.

Exodus 12-10-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2501036)

I agree.

It's boring. I forgot what it was about. I remember there were some quips.

It's unfortunate that nobody told netflix that whoever has been writing their marvel netflix runs is crapping out some luke warm turds.

Terran 12-10-2017 08:00 PM

This will be terrible. That might make it worth a watch, lol.

ElektroDragon 12-11-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2501071)
This will be terrible. That might make it worth a watch, lol.

With Netflix budget? It won't be terrible. Even Shannara series is half passable and that was with MTV budget. Everyone trying to get it on the Game of Thrones craze. Half my life is over and medieval is finally cool again. :eek:

ashikenshin 12-11-2017 08:43 AM

Daredevil was enjoyable, what is the defenders?

The game is easy enough, people should play that instead.

Demo_Boy 12-11-2017 08:58 AM

Whoever is out there, if you are looking for feedback on Defenders writing, please work on PACING and PERIL. Add more than you think you need. Because you need tons.

Grumsh 12-11-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2501036)

I was talking with my wife about this one too. We both really enjoyed Daredevil, and Jessica Jones but defenders was just... all right. Our consensus is it's lame fist the lame. That show just can't "get" the correct feeling. I am starting to think it's the main actor, something is just off about him.

Hellstorm 12-11-2017 06:54 PM

Was Michael Moorcock not available? :D