Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adorable New Star Wars Critters Make Peoples Feel Warm and Fuzzy Inside (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247532)

Emabulator 08-09-2017 04:01 PM

Adorable New Star Wars Critters Make Peoples Feel Warm and Fuzzy Inside

Porgs! GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

While we await the next trailer for this year's Star Wars movie, new images from The Last Jedi have made their way online. They show off all of the key characters you'd expect, but let's be honest: the real highlight are the porgs.

As pictured below (via Entertainment Weekly), porgs are basically the cutest thing ever. First revealed back at D23 earlier this summer, these big-eyed creatures feel almost genetically engineered to sell merchandise, and yet you know that you wouldn't pass up an opportunity to give one a hug.
More.

NESter the Unlikely 08-09-2017 05:29 PM

Fuck off Disney, and take your pathetically engineered answer to Minions with you. You have no power here.

Fucking grumpy cat with anime eyes, just think of all the shares and retweets and reddit posts we can mine from this! FUCK. OFF.

Terran 08-09-2017 05:35 PM

That's a creature in the film? I thought it might be something Chewbacca crapped out.

Naturally this is all about toy sales. Baby Groot. Minions, This...thing. Product tie ins. Pretty simple.

hatred69 08-09-2017 08:11 PM

Damn.

From what i was hearing about the new star wars film i was excited, now im a bit worried....

brandonjclark 08-09-2017 09:18 PM

Here's the simple facts.

1) We all want this franchise to continue.

2) But we're getting older.

3) They must bring in new kids.

4) I'm fine with it.

5) It is kind of cute.

magicka 08-09-2017 11:06 PM

Name 1 thing in Star Wars that's not a product tie in.

actusoul 08-09-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicka (Post 2490153)

Perfectly said. I do not mind.

karaliusbronius 08-10-2017 01:46 AM

I don't see it being cute, my definition must be wayyyyyy different than others. So far it feels like a Jar Jar gimmick piece of garbage.

DarkestHour00 08-10-2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2490151)
Here's the simple facts.

4) I'm fine with it.

5) It is kind of cute.

Very level-headed way of looking at it. I agree.

Chimpbot 08-10-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatred69 (Post 2490149)
Damn.

From what i was hearing about the new star wars film i was excited, now im a bit worried....

I guess you're forgetting the series has been selling toys since 1977. George Lucas pioneered the way movies are merchandised and Star Wars has always been about being toyetic.

Mojopin 08-10-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2490151)
Here's the simple facts.

4) I'm fine with it.

5) It is kind of cute.

Quote:

100% nailed it. ...were done with that part of the discussion, lets talk lore theory like true geeks. ;)

Drake_NS 08-10-2017 07:18 AM

Why do I suddenly have the Hampster Dance going through my head?

Mad Max RW 08-10-2017 07:58 AM

Congratulations, they came up with something worse than Ewoks. Are we sure George Lucas isn't involved still?

ashikenshin 08-10-2017 08:05 AM

"ewoks are bad" "accept this new ewoks because star wars has done it before"

I was hoping this new one would be better than the farce awakens, seems it will be worse.

timmyd 08-10-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2490144)
Fuck off Disney, and take your pathetically engineered answer to Minions with you. You have no power here.

Fucking grumpy cat with anime eyes, just think of all the shares and retweets and reddit posts we can mine from this! FUCK. OFF.

Very level-headed way of looking at it. I agree.

Quote:

Here's the simple facts.

4) I'm fine with it.

5) It is kind of cute.
These comments are completely uncalled for.

Any kid who likes this needs to be retroactively aborted in a bucket of mouthwash. Hmmm, I'd better not show this to my kids.

Mad Max RW 08-10-2017 01:45 PM

It honestly looks like an earless Furby with Downs Syndrome.

Terran 08-10-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

The Force. They missed a real opportunity there, too. Could have named some stool softener as "The Force - it will move you in ways you could never imagine."

:D

actusoul 08-10-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2490221)
The Force. They missed a real opportunity there, too. Could have named some stool softener as "The Force - it will move you in ways you could never imagine."

I will give this to you. You answered the question. Hilarious.

I am still Star Wars bitch even though I hated "the farce awakens". Rogue One restored my faith but I will likely still watch these films no matter what. I cannot let go of watching star wars in the 70's and how it blew my mind. Playing with the toys, etc.

BeardedSonOfNel 08-11-2017 04:51 AM

So the thing in that picture looks like a cross between Grumpy Cat, a penguin, and a baby seal. I think Chewie should club it before it multiplies like a Tribble.

Mozain 08-11-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2490221)

Incorrect.

http://starecat.com/content/wp-conte...een-stripe.jpg

Though in all seriousness I remember them having that kind of hover ball floating headset toy using "the force" so they did indeed make a toy from it.