Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anthem Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258676)

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 10:06 AM

Anthem Launch Trailer

Unleash your power as you suit up in one of four javelins and take on a world full of danger. Team up with friends to overcome the toughest challenges you can find.

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 10:07 AM

I will probably get this, I'm a sucker for anything new.

Mozain 02-10-2019 10:13 AM

Looking forward to this more than Division 2, but we'll see if they managed to fix a lot of the issues that have been reported.

Either way, I've already bought it, and it will be a prompt refund if not.

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530466)
Looking forward to this more than Division 2, but we'll see if they managed to fix a lot of the issues that have been reported.

Either way, I've already bought it, and it will be a prompt refund if not.

It's kinda scary when the developer says the title has gone gold and the beta test has tons of issues. :eek:

I'll add that The Division 2 beta was great, but it's really just shooting the same bullet sponge enemies over and over. I decided to go for Anthem at launch and The Division 2 later at a discount. I'll skip The Division 2 at launch and get Days Gone or Rage 2 instead. They all come out about the same time.

Wolfgang 02-10-2019 01:40 PM

I do agree with Evil Avatar. I love the game play in division, but since they choose a realistic setting they are limited. With Anthem they can basically make any monster and weapons they want because it is SciFi.

Having said that. I am getting both games at launch.

Mozain 02-10-2019 02:19 PM

Yah a lot of it is setting for me as well. They're pretty limited in what they can do in terms of gameplay and customization.

Choosing which backpack and what set of kneepads I want just doesn't really have a striking feel to it you know? ^_^

Mad Max RW 02-10-2019 02:46 PM

Bioware. EA. Microtransactions. Three strikes and you're out.

Exodus 02-10-2019 06:11 PM

played division beta. it's just more division.
at least anthem has storm which I'm sure 80% of the player base will be, 8% will be the halo dudez who go ranger and the rest will be 10% will be rogues/interceptors and the last 2% colossus cuz nobody wants to be a fucking tank.

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2530477)
Bioware. EA. Microtransactions. Three strikes and you're out.

Kinda. I noticed that the $80 Legend of Dawn edition only seems to get you the four extra skins. So, you are paying $20 extra for four skins and nothing else. That's really tacky.

I guess we just need to start getting used to the idea of paying $80 for games if you want it on the launch week.

I guess that is why I'm just now enjoying my $15 editions of Shadow of War, Diablo 3 and Persona 5.

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 09:47 PM

Looking at my post above and I decided to cancel my pre-order. $80 is just too much for a game I know I will be able to purchase for $30 or less six months from now. While it is a bit of a wait, worst case scenario is that I pick it up for $25 on Black Friday like I did those other titles I just listed.

I am going to stick my head in the sand and play what I have for a few months until these new titles hit the bargain bin. Heck, even the usual 60-day price drop to $40 would be better than the $80 that EA is trying to gouge people for right now.

I have my eye on a $300 new LEGO set that I hope to pay for by selling comics and I think that (and a new tablet for my daughter) comes before a game that I know will drop in price prettty fast because EA always discounts this stuff unless it sells 8 million copies.

Dag-Sabot 02-10-2019 10:02 PM

Well by then it will be cheaper and have content!

Evil Avatar 02-11-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2530487)
Well by then it will be cheaper and have content!

Yes, if you wait at least 60 or 90 days the first content will drop and the price will drop and I could get the game and the DLC combined for less than that $80.

That is a total ripoff for just the game alone and 4 skins. It doesn’t even include the season pass.

Misanthropist 02-11-2019 04:08 AM

i agree $80 is way too much for a game. there are SO many great games out over the last few years, it comes down to personal preference and free time. Im of the opinion a game needs to be pretty special to buy it - considering i feel no shame pirating stuff. At this point i would rather have an external HD full of games than a whole shelf.

vallor 02-11-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2530467)
Looking at my post above and I decided to cancel my pre-order. $80 is just too much for a game I know I will be able to purchase for $30 or less six months from now. While it is a bit of a wait, worst case scenario is that I pick it up for $25 on Black Friday like I did those other titles I just listed.

I am going to stick my head in the sand and play what I have for a few months until these new titles hit the bargain bin. Heck, even the usual 60-day price drop to $40 would be better than the $80 that EA is trying to gouge people for right now.

I am just going to subscribe to EA Premium for a month for $14.99 till Anthem goes into the bargain bin, or I get really addicted to it and decide to buy it after all. One month should be enough to tell me. Then I will wait for the Division 2 for a long, long time and buy it from a non-UPlay Digital Store front when it is super cheap.

$99 for The Division 2 gold edition with the Year 1 pass is way too much money based on the anemic amount of content they released for the first game with the season pass. They want to charge nearly the price of a full new game but they released about jack and shit for The Division 1. A couple PvP content releases and the Underground do not a whole new game make...

Nearly 48 hours after my bank account has been debited and Far Cry 5 has yet to show up in my Games folder. UPlay can go fuck itself.

MadMurdock_0311 02-11-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2530522)
I am just going to subscribe to EA Premium for a month for $14.99...

Thank you for reminding me of this service. I have my doubts about this game, so EA Premier is the best/cheapest route for me right now.

Mad Max RW 02-11-2019 05:54 PM

Or wait 6 months after launch for the servers to work right.

BalekFekete 02-12-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2530467)
I decided to go for Anthem at launch and The Division 2 later at a discount.

This was my decision after playing both the demo and beta. The Division 2 was really just too close to the first game - not a wholly bad thing, except it carried forward a few things that was simply not good e.g. the aforementioned sponginess of the enemies, as well as the increadible amount of grenade/skill spam by the enemies. At least with Anthem we get a new setting and hey...I can fly around like Ironman! ;)

Kreigmstr 02-12-2019 06:18 AM

This covers how I feel about Anthem pretty well after playing both weekends and spending some time to consider. I will probably get it. But not immediately. The Division 2 is my choice.

PatrickRes9 02-13-2019 06:41 PM

I'm pretty sure SJWs and leftists are responsible for the bad part here. They're ruining everything. Trump will drain the swamp.

SpectralThundr 02-13-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang (Post 2530474)
I do agree with Evil Avatar. I love the game play in division, but since they choose a realistic setting they are limited. With Anthem they can basically make any monster and weapons they want because it is SciFi.

Having said that. I am getting both games at launch.

I feel the opposite, I prefer the realistic setting. Was really on the fence with anthem. My experience with the demo pushed me right the hell off the fence fairly quickly at that. Likely picking up Division 2 at launch. Anthem likely never. First Bioware title I ever outright skip, hated the demo that much.