Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spider-Man GOTY Edition Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262418)

Evil Avatar 08-28-2019 06:49 AM

Spider-Man GOTY Edition Announced

Quote:

With that Ė weíre pleased to introduce the Marvelís Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition. We remain deeply humbled by the incredible critical response to the game last year and during awards season.

You might be asking Ė whatís in the Game of the Year Edition? Youíll find the full game, as well as a voucher for the entire Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC Ė a three-chapter narrative to the game that tells its own spectacular, post-game story. Weíve been blown away by your response to Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps and weíre excited the Game of the Year Edition will expose it to even more players. Itís a great value, as you get the full game and all three story chapters of Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps for just $39.99 USD MSRP. You can buy it today at PlayStation Store or at your favorite local gaming retailer. Already have the base game? You can still get Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps on PlayStation Store for just $24.99 USD MSRP.

Weíre honored to mark the one-year anniversary of the game with this new Game of the Year Edition. We hope that some of you who maybe havenít had the chance to experience Marvelís Spider-Man can now swing into all of the amazing Spidey action with the complete package.
PlayStation Blog.

Ghostblaze 08-28-2019 11:15 AM

Who didn't see this coming.

MadMurdock_0311 08-28-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostblaze (Post 2543243)

I hope everyone knew this was coming. Also, if you haven't played this yet, I definitely recommend it. By far the best Spider-Man game ever made. Even if you don't care about SM, the game is fun.

PatrickRes9 08-28-2019 02:46 PM

Terran 08-28-2019 04:57 PM

Ghostblaze 08-28-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 (Post 2543251)
I hope everyone knew this was coming. Also, if you haven't played this yet, I definitely recommend it. By far the best Spider-Man game ever made. Even if you don't care about SM, the game is fun.

I beat the game awhile back. Never payed for the DLC.

SpectralThundr 09-02-2019 04:38 AM

So I bit on this version and holy shitballs what a great Spider Man game, I might just like this more than the Batman games of the same ilk, some clever comic relief in the writing early on here too. Not sure I quite get the token system tho, where would one find landmark or base tokens? Or is it just too early to find said tokens?

Chimpbot 09-02-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2543476)
So I bit on this version and holy shitballs what a great Spider Man game, I might just like this more than the Batman games of the same ilk, some clever comic relief in the writing early on here too. Not sure I quite get the token system tho, where would one find landmark or base tokens? Or is it just too early to find said tokens?

Landmarks are "hidden" throughout the city (their general location is shown on the map, if I recall correctly); you just have to find them and take a picture to get credit. Spoiler alert: One of them is Avengers Tower. All of these are immediately available, and they were one of the things I took care of right out of the gate (along with collecting all of the backpacks).

Base tokens work similarly; they're viewable on the map once they're available. You can get up to three tokens per base, assuming you achieve certain requirements that are outlined at the start of the base mission. Their availability are, however, tied to story progression.

SpectralThundr 09-02-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2543479)
Landmarks are "hidden" throughout the city (their general location is shown on the map, if I recall correctly); you just have to find them and take a picture to get credit. Spoiler alert: One of them is Avengers Tower. All of these are immediately available, and they were one of the things I took care of right out of the gate (along with collecting all of the backpacks).

Base tokens work similarly; they're viewable on the map once they're available. You can get up to three tokens per base, assuming you achieve certain requirements that are outlined at the start of the base mission. Their availability are, however, tied to story progression.

Thanks for the info.

Chimpbot 09-02-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2543487)
Thanks for the info.

Of course!