Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255823)

BeardedSonOfNel 09-09-2018 08:39 AM

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?
 

Well it's that time of year again; when fall starts to set in and the regular season of the NFL starts.

Welcome to week 1. I'll be watching the Vikes take on the 49ers.

What game(s) will you be watching today?

Emabulator 09-09-2018 10:25 AM

I'm watching the Giants play the Jags right now. I'll watch the Chiefs vs Chargers, or Cowboys vs Panthers at 4 PM. My team, the Jets - yes, I'm what you call a long suffering fan, are playing on Monday night.

brandonjclark 09-09-2018 11:20 AM

I can't believe he fumbled on the goaline. Frigging vikings looking good with Cousins.


Packers v Bears tonight!

EL CABONG 09-09-2018 11:28 AM

Bills looking like 0-16 could be a thing. Their OL is a disaster.
Penalties all over the place.

EL CABONG 09-09-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2520536)
I'm watching the Giants play the Jags right now. I'll watch the Chiefs vs Chargers, or Cowboys vs Panthers at 4 PM. My team, the Jets - yes, I'm what you call a long suffering fan, are playing on Monday night.

How do you feel about the new QB? Pre draft I was hoping the bills would draft Rosen. Not really an fan of the Allen pick or the trade up. But to be fair all of the QBs taken in the 1st round this year have some flaws. Daronld looked great at times in college but he did turn the ball over alot. Rosen is supposedly a real D-bag. The browns drafted a guy smaller than me.

Wizzkidd 09-09-2018 03:35 PM

Watching the Seahawks at Broncos. So far pretty close game. 'Hawks have zero pass rush.

blackzc 09-09-2018 06:26 PM

Not fucking football. hahah.

MechaDangerous 09-09-2018 07:36 PM

Glad that the Broncos pulled through. Von Miller is a beast. Kudos to Lindsey and Freeman as well. It was a close game but man it was a good one.

brandonjclark 09-09-2018 09:48 PM

Bears almost had that one, ha! Go Pack!

AlfredT 09-10-2018 07:00 AM

I'm surprised you guys can watch football without the anal bleeding happening from your butthurt at their kneeling. Grats!

Personal, pre/post kneeling.. no difference to me. Not much of a fan of watching sports.

PatrickRes9 09-10-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2520579)
I'm surprised you guys can watch football without the anal bleeding happening from your butthurt at their kneeling. Grats!

Personal, pre/post kneeling.. no difference to me. Not much of a fan of watching sports.

It's easy. I don't give a shit if the players do handstands and twerk on each other's faces on the sidelines. I'm there to watch football. As long as quality football is being played, they can do whatever they want on the sideline.

Seems to me only a "special snowflake" who is getting triggered would care otherwise. (under the guise that it's "distracting" them from enjoying the game - hilarious and fragile)

PatrickRes9 09-10-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2520561)
Glad that the Broncos pulled through. Von Miller is a beast. Kudos to Lindsey and Freeman as well. It was a close game but man it was a good one.

Lindsey was a nice surprise. Neat that he's home-grown talent too.

The 3 interceptions weren't nice, but hopefully that's not the normal. Gave me Lynch/Seimian flashbacks.

I do think you can already see the improvement with Case though. We could actually drive the ball down field. It was a nice change.

EL CABONG 09-10-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2520589)
It's easy. I don't give a shit if the players do handstands and twerk on each other's faces on the sidelines. I'm there to watch football. As long as quality football is being played, they can do whatever they want on the sideline.

Seems to me only a "special snowflake" who is getting triggered would care otherwise. (under the guise that it's "distracting" them from enjoying the game - hilarious and fragile)

I agree. Tho if they keep throwing flags all the time and don't know what a catch is or do away with kick offs I might quit watching. Pre season should be only 2 games. Too many stoppages for booth reviews. Lots of things the NFL is doing wrong that have nothing to do with kneeling.

PatrickRes9 09-10-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2520591)
I agree. Tho if they keep throwing flags all the time and don't know what a catch is or do away with kick offs I might quit watching. Pre season should be only 2 games. Too many stoppages for booth reviews. Lots of things the NFL is doing wrong that have nothing to do with kneeling.

Totally, agreed - Discretionary penalties have become insane. It's bogged down the game to absurdity, and then it's a crapshoot on how the refs are going to call a game. It's so inconsistent. Frustrating. That more than anything is turning me off from wanting to watch.

Chimpbot 09-10-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2520553)
Not fucking football. hahah.

I look forward to you - and likely a few others - reminding us of this fact for at least the next 16 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2520591)
I agree. Tho if they keep throwing flags all the time and don't know what a catch is or do away with kick offs I might quit watching. Pre season should be only 2 games. Too many stoppages for booth reviews. Lots of things the NFL is doing wrong that have nothing to do with kneeling.

I only got to watch Thursday's game due to having to go to Fenway for work, but I recall hearing the talking heads allude to how the refs were going to let them play more...at which point they proceeded to throw at least 20 (accepted) flags between the two teams.

The catch rules seem to be a little more sensible, though. It looks like they're kinda doing away with the "Process of the Catch" bullshit.

Terran 09-10-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2520605)
I look forward to you - and likely a few others - reminding us of this fact for at least the next 16 weeks.

Mr. Crankypants appears to have been

https://i.imgur.com/fjzdiq2.gif

MechaDangerous 09-10-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2520590)
Lindsey was a nice surprise. Neat that he's home-grown talent too.

The 3 interceptions weren't nice, but hopefully that's not the normal. Gave me Lynch/Seimian flashbacks.

I do think you can already see the improvement with Case though. We could actually drive the ball down field. It was a nice change.

I completely agree with everything you said. Our run game was solid and well executed. The pass game was definitely scary, but man when Case throws the ball, he launches that sucker. I like him as a thrower, I think he just might need some better decision making? I don't know. He definitely doesn't get nervous in the pocket from what I've seen.

blackzc 09-10-2018 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Chimpbot;2520605]I look forward to you - and likely a few others - reminding us of this fact for at least the next 16 weeks.

/[QUOTE]

Relax, i don't over do it.

PatrickRes9 09-10-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2520622)
I completely agree with everything you said. Our run game was solid and well executed. The pass game was definitely scary, but man when Case throws the ball, he launches that sucker. I like him as a thrower, I think he just might need some better decision making? I don't know. He definitely doesn't get nervous in the pocket from what I've seen.

Exactly. Man...when Lynch or Siemian were under pressure, they looked like deer caught in a set of headlights. Siemian in particular was horrendous under pressure. I don't know how many times I've seen him just...literally launch the ball into the air directly at a defender in the face of pressure. Like his interest was getting rid of ball rather than actually completing the pass. I get it. Our offensive line was bad. I've seen him take some gnarly hits. But still. He was pretty miserable when pressured.

I liked the way Case handled himself, and especially after throwing 3 picks. He still kept pushing. He's aggressive, and he pushed the ball down the field.

The interceptions did look like silly mistakes. I think he may have been a bit amped for the game, and was just trying to push too hard. Once he settles in and stays within his wheelhouse, doesn't try to do too much, and understands there's a great defense behind him and a bunch of skill position playmakers, I think the interceptions will scale back.

I'd honestly give him a B- and say I'm actually optimistic about him - and our season!

Hey, our offense actually scored more points than our defense! Maybe we can put together 2 games in a row with a good offensive showing. 2 games? Is it possible?!

vallor 09-10-2018 08:18 PM

I wish I liked sports more. It make it easy to do the boycott for sure but it also makes it difficult to remove a common point of reference between me and a bunch of people I work with and around. In Seattle there is a huge number of people that loves their teams in the Seahawks, the Sounders (futball team) and the Mariners.

I may have to by a team shirt for Russell Wilson or Marshawn Lynch or someone just to better my rapport even if I just say “did you see the last game?!” And seem legit.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.