Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   L.A. Noire Official Nintendo Switch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249694)

BeardedSonOfNel 11-10-2017 05:57 AM

L.A. Noire Official Nintendo Switch Trailer
 
https://s2.postimg.org/rgrr228c9/LAN...ITCH-_ESRB.jpg

Click the headline to watch the trailer.

Via Rockstar Games
Quote:

In just under one week, L.A. Noire arrives for the Nintendo Switch. See it in action now with today's official trailer.

Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood’s Golden Age, newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.

Investigate crimes from the darker side of 1940’s Hollywood at home or on the move with L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch - featuring contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work, a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch includes the complete original game plus all additional downloadable content, and will be available in-store and digitally via the Nintendo eShop on November 14th.

BeardedSonOfNel 11-10-2017 05:57 AM


PatrickRes9 11-10-2017 07:29 AM

Nice. Rockstar on a Nintendo console. That's a first. Hopefully it's a foot in the door for more games. Square Enix and Bandai Namco have both just recently said they plan to release a bunch of titles on the Switch in light of it's success. Both have exclusives in development for the Switch. I think the console will see a lot more 3rd party support going forward. Publishers seemed weary of doing much with the Switch because of the failure of the Wii U, so I think they needed time to see some install-base success. Having a fully portable version of games like LA Noire is a pretty enticing reason to go back to them. Rocket League drops on Tuesday. That game is made for mobile. Doom is out. Wolfenstein is coming. Hulu actually just appeared on the Switch, which lines up well with me getting their live TV package. The Switch is starting to earn it's weight.

Lutheran 11-10-2017 03:39 PM

Great game but the price is very prohibitive IMO. Though I did just buy Doom for the 2nd time so I could play it on the go with my Switch. Plays real good, looks fine for the most part.

MadMurdock_0311 11-10-2017 04:50 PM

Weird choice of game to bring to the Switch. I mean, it really wasn't a big hit despite all the hype. Regardless, I'm glad that Devs are more eager to bring titles to the Switch, because it is an awesome console.

NightRain 11-12-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2498205)
Nice. Rockstar on a Nintendo console. That's a first. Hopefully it's a foot in the door for more games. Square Enix and Bandai Namco have both just recently said they plan to release a bunch of titles on the Switch in light of it's success. Both have exclusives in development for the Switch. I think the console will see a lot more 3rd party support going forward. Publishers seemed weary of doing much with the Switch because of the failure of the Wii U, so I think they needed time to see some install-base success. Having a fully portable version of games like LA Noire is a pretty enticing reason to go back to them. Rocket League drops on Tuesday. That game is made for mobile. Doom is out. Wolfenstein is coming. Hulu actually just appeared on the Switch, which lines up well with me getting their live TV package. The Switch is starting to earn it's weight.

Rockstar has been on Nintendo any times before n64, gamecube, wii, gamenoy color, gba, ds, maybe others

Hellstorm 11-12-2017 10:07 PM

Phoenix Wright with driving isn't as fun as just plain ol' Phoenix Wright. Not a good choice by R* for a debut title.

Rommel 11-13-2017 03:33 AM

I played a few hours of L.A. Noir waiting for the game to start. Eventually I figured out it was a quasi-adventure talking simulator and uninstalled.

JazGalaxy 11-13-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2498205)
Nice. Rockstar on a Nintendo console. That's a first. Hopefully it's a foot in the door for more games. Square Enix and Bandai Namco have both just recently said they plan to release a bunch of titles on the Switch in light of it's success. Both have exclusives in development for the Switch. I think the console will see a lot more 3rd party support going forward. Publishers seemed weary of doing much with the Switch because of the failure of the Wii U, so I think they needed time to see some install-base success. Having a fully portable version of games like LA Noire is a pretty enticing reason to go back to them. Rocket League drops on Tuesday. That game is made for mobile. Doom is out. Wolfenstein is coming. Hulu actually just appeared on the Switch, which lines up well with me getting their live TV package. The Switch is starting to earn it's weight.

I think that 3rd parties were definitely waiting for the installed user base to increase on the Switch, but tehre is also still the problem of "Only Nintendo makes money on Nintendo platforms", which was the position of Electronic Arts years ago. I think we can all agree that it's because Nintendo's games are leaps and bounds better than the competition. But publishers don't really care to see it that way. All they know is that they have 2 or 3 megaton games per year that they can't counter-program against.

I think we will have to see some proven success on the part of 3rd parties for 3rd parties to finally be comfortable releasing games on Nintendo hardware.

blackzc 11-13-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2498471)
I played a few hours of L.A. Noir waiting for the game to start. Eventually I figured out it was a quasi-adventure talking simulator and uninstalled.


Same, i wish they would have left out the detective stuff and made it a GTA game.

Chimpbot 11-14-2017 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2498474)
I think that 3rd parties were definitely waiting for the installed user base to increase on the Switch...

Well, the current number of Switches out there in households matches what the PS4 had by this time in it's lifecycle...so, they'd better shit or get off the pot.

Quote:

...but tehre is also still the problem of "Only Nintendo makes money on Nintendo platforms", which was the position of Electronic Arts years ago. I think we can all agree that it's because Nintendo's games are leaps and bounds better than the competition. But publishers don't really care to see it that way. All they know is that they have 2 or 3 megaton games per year that they can't counter-program against.
That mentality really started to take hold during the Gamecube era, but became "reinforced" with the Wii. I have a had time blaming Nintendo for the success of their games when every offered by other publishers is shovelware garbage.

Publicly-traded companies don't typically admit when mistakes were made, though. They just "refocus their efforts" or "adjust their strategies".

Quote:

I think we will have to see some proven success on the part of 3rd parties for 3rd parties to finally be comfortable releasing games on Nintendo hardware.
Third parties are already scrambling to get software out there and onto shelves, so I think most of them are starting to see they need to move now. EA is still one of the holdouts...but, they also don't really have anything worth playing at this point, really.

What's helping with third-party publishers this time around is the fact that game design for the Switch is pretty straightforward; they don't have to worry about multiple screens at all and motion controls - while available - don't have to be mandatory.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 PM.