Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forza Motorsport 7 Xbox One And PC Demo Detailed As Game Goes Gold (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248211)

Emabulator 09-07-2017 03:35 PM

Forza Motorsport 7 Xbox One And PC Demo Detailed As Game Goes Gold

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

Forza Motorsport 7 is nearly ready for release. Developer Turn 10 announced today the game has gone gold, meaning physical copies are ready to begin being manufactured. Alongside this news, Turn 10 released a new commercial and details regarding a demo.

The demo will be available on both PC and Xbox One on September 19, and will showcase three different racing experiences within the game. You'll get to drive the Forza 7 cover car, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, on Dubai's Jebel Hafeet Pass, a winding mountain highway that's one of the world's most famous driving roads. You can also head to the high-speed Mugello circuit in Italy and drive the Mercedes Benz Tankpool racing truck.

Of course, the third experience takes you to the legendary Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit and lets you test out the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM. Players will be challenged to handle the Ring's complex corners and elevation changes, while dealing with the dynamic track conditions. "Racing through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other--where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain," says the game's website.

Emabulator 09-07-2017 04:43 PM

Scherge 09-08-2017 01:09 AM

I'm very much looking forward to FM7! And there's going to be a demo? Sweet, every racing game should have that!

I tried "Project CARS 2" at Gamescom, and while I found the handling of the cars a lot better, the AI is still a bunch of virtual assholes. One AI driver rammed me so hard on the starting (!) straight of the Nürburgring track that he flipped his car on the side (not the roof, which made it extra weird)! On the plus side, PC2 has the better cover car. Both were present at Gamescom, and the McLaren (I think) was just way more exciting to look at than Microsoft's good old Porsche...

Quote:

Of course, the third experience takes you to the legendary Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit and lets you test out the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM.
I wonder if this is meant as a jab at "Gran Turismo". I'm too lazy to look it up, but if I remember correctly, GT5 (maybe 6) had a trophy where you had to beat a record laptime set by the GT team in a GT-R on the Nordschleife...

brandonjclark 09-08-2017 06:49 AM

Weird that they should push the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM as a halo car in this game considering it was the biggest failure of design at Le Man in its entire history.

The car was an utter debacle.

Scherge 09-08-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2492244)
Weird that they should push the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM as a halo car in this game considering it was the biggest failure of design at Le Man in its entire history.

The car was an utter debacle.

Hah! I didn't notice the "LM", I just saw "GT-R" and "Nürburgring", and remembered Polyphony's love affairs with Nissan and the Nordschleife. I retract my previous speculation...

shadow763 09-08-2017 11:30 AM

A demo is nice. I was playing 5 the other day and was wishing I could use some of the newer cars from the last few years. I have 6 downloaded but haven't tried it. I am guessing that would be better, but 7 would be ideal.

blackzc 09-08-2017 08:06 PM

Super slick visuals but it will lack the personality and road feel that the GT series has. With that said, GT Sport is looking pretty bland itself. I hope its not.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-08-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2492286)
A demo is nice. I was playing 5 the other day and was wishing I could use some of the newer cars from the last few years. I have 6 downloaded but haven't tried it. I am guessing that would be better, but 7 would be ideal.

I was kind of in the same boat as you. I own 6, but hadn't played it, but with all of the buzz about 7 now... well I gave 6 a spin, and I'm liking it a lot.

Mix-Master 09-08-2017 09:55 PM

Unless MS revamp the store not buying anything from it again.

Gears of war had issues with patching sometimes, It wants to redownload the entire 70+gig again.
Forza Horizons still has issues with DLC handling. My blizzard mountain is broken and unable to be used since hot wheels was released. They need a seperate client for games.

Wizzkidd 09-09-2017 01:42 AM

I'll get this when the X comes out...

Well I guess I could just get it on PC since it's cross buy. Maybe I will, but there's no rush. Regardless I'll end up getting it. Liked 6 better than 5, and 5 better than 4, so they have a good "track" record.