Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Both Mass Effect and Dragon Age have some "secret stuff" in the works at BioWare (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255090)

Emabulator 08-05-2018 03:00 PM

Both Mass Effect and Dragon Age have some "secret stuff" in the works at BioWare

GamesRadar has the story.

Quote:

Just because Anthem is the big new project at BioWare doesn't mean the studio has put Mass Effect and Dragon Age in mothballs. To use another smelly sounding metaphor, they're in skunkworks. BioWare general manager Casey Hudson addressed the studio's community of fans in a mid-summer update, and though much of the message was about Anthem's pre-release presentations and progress, he did briefly touch on two of BioWare's other original universes.

"And yes - we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you’ll really like - we’re just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while," Hudson said.

We've known for some time that Dragon Age 4 (it probably won't actually be named that) is in the works at some level, though Hudson commented earlier this summer that the team's "still trying to figure out" what it will be like. So that isn't a surprise. But it's good news for Mass Effect fans who feared the worst after that whole Mass Effect: Andromeda thing.

karaliusbronius 08-05-2018 07:26 PM

Please release 1-3 on PS4 please with all the DLC included.

Evil Avatar 08-05-2018 08:47 PM

I think they feel like they have to say this, but being an EA owned company, I doubt that either game is being worked on at any level. Once a game crashes and burns like Mass Effect 3, EA dumps the franchise.

PatrickRes9 08-05-2018 10:36 PM

Does anyone still care about either of these franchises anymore? I know at least one person who's excited...!

https://i.imgur.com/1eRVxkY.jpg

LostToys 08-05-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2518576)
I think they feel like they have to say this, but being an EA owned company, I doubt that either game is being worked on at any level. Once a game crashes and burns like Mass Effect 3, EA dumps the franchise.

Or makes it a mobile only game (C&C, Dungeon Keeper, SimCity).

Sammael 08-06-2018 07:18 AM

I took Andromeda out from my local library and tried to play it with my wife.
I didn't even get to gameplay. The intro had so much janky crap, and the game just didn't look very good.

There was just no hook in the beginning. We moved on to something else.

EL CABONG 08-06-2018 07:33 AM

Mass effect is dead . I thought people liked the last Dragon age? I tried to get into it multiple times but never got far. The 1st few hours were too bland for me to stick with it.

Dragon age origins and awakening are great. DA2 was ok . Albeit something of a let down compared to the 1st game.
Another Dragon age seems likely. DA doesn't get the hate mass effect gets. Not sure why people are lumping them together on the hate train.

Meusli 08-06-2018 07:58 AM

The secret is they are all being laid off, not really a secret though as they are owned by EA.

Mad Max RW 08-06-2018 05:46 PM

As dead as Dead Space.

LostToys 08-06-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2518601)
Mass effect is dead . I thought people liked the last Dragon age? I tried to get into it multiple times but never got far. The 1st few hours were too bland for me to stick with it.

The sad thing is, Inquisition had a great story. It was just put into a very bland game.

SpectralThundr 08-06-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2518635)
The sad thing is, Inquisition had a great story. It was just put into a very bland game.

Exactly this. All their talk of living cities and shit, and it was a giant pile of bullshit. The story itself was solid, the huge world they built was not because there was very little interesting to actually do in said world.

ElektroDragon 08-07-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2518581)
Does anyone still care about either of these franchises anymore? I know at least one person who's excited...!

Come on man, the last Dragon Age was effing FANTASTIC. It's Mass Effect they botched.