Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Steam Autumn Sale Has Begun (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249979)

Emabulator 11-22-2017 11:52 AM

The Steam Autumn Sale Has Begun
 

The Steam Autumn Sale is on from now until Tuesday, November 28th at 1PM EST.

Quote:

The Steam Autumn Sale 2017 starts now, with great deals across the Steam catalog throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday*. Come back every day to see new featured titles, or check out the games that are recommended for you.

In addition to discounts on thousands of great games, join the nomination process for the Steam Awards. Nominate your favorite games across a variety of categories, and earn profile XP and badges for participating! Your nominations will help determine the finalists for each category. In December, you can vote on the winners for each category during the Steam Winter Sale. Learn more about the Steam Awards here.

Emabulator 11-22-2017 12:27 PM

Amazon Black Friday is on as well.

MadMurdock_0311 11-22-2017 02:10 PM

Steam sales have seemed lackluster in the last few years. Maybe I'm just numb to the whole thing, because I already bought too many fucking games that I'll never play.

RevXwise 11-22-2017 03:14 PM

Nah, the sales seem to have definitely taken a dip in quality. They used to be 50-75% off but now they all seem to be around 15-30%.

There are usually only two or three games I'm interested in during these newer sales.

hurstshifter 11-22-2017 03:32 PM

Is Shadow of War worth $35.99?

HillTribe 11-22-2017 03:43 PM

They got the steam link for $4.99! Great deal.

Balhem 11-22-2017 08:45 PM

Yeah the steam link for that price is amazeing

SpectralThundr 11-22-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurstshifter (Post 2499555)
Is Shadow of War worth $35.99?

I loved the first one, just snagged it for that price. I would say yes. The first one was a blast. I do hope the story line is better this time out, first one seemed to kinda end on a cliffhanger/unresolved.

Skunk 11-23-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillTribe (Post 2499556)
They got the steam link for $4.99! Great deal.

If I already use a 55" Samsung curved TV as my primary monitor, does this have any added utility for me? I'm asking cause I don't mind dropping $5 for something that's even potentially useful... but every PC in the house is hooked up to an actual TV monitor already.

brandonjclark 11-23-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2499594)
If I already use a 55" Samsung curved TV as my primary monitor, does this have any added utility for me? I'm asking cause I don't mind dropping $5 for something that's even potentially useful... but every PC in the house is hooked up to an actual TV monitor already.

No, if your PC is already connected to your TV then you don't need it. This is for those who want to occasionally stream from a gaming PC to the TV.


It comes out to ~$15 because there are shipping costs, too.

HillTribe 11-23-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2499599)
No, if your PC is already connected to your TV then you don't need it. This is for those who want to occasionally stream from a gaming PC to the TV.


It comes out to ~$15 because there are shipping costs, too.


Very true. Mine is mainly used for when I have a few friends over and want to play some couch co-op or something. It does not happen very often, but even the 50$ I paid for it has been well worth the good times.

I even converted a few console scrubs to the superior PC with it.

blackzc 11-24-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillTribe (Post 2499604)

I even converted a few console scrubs to the superior PC with it.

PC gaming is degenerate if left unchecked.

Acceptable situations for PC gaming are as follows.

Pre built OEM or retired business grade PC. Drop in, MOBO powered GPU. No overclocking, no RAID, no water cooled stuff.

SpectralThundr 11-24-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2499643)
PC gaming is degenerate if left unchecked.

Acceptable situations for PC gaming are as follows.

Pre built OEM or retired business grade PC. Drop in, MOBO powered GPU. No overclocking, no RAID, no water cooled stuff.

I'm not even sure what the fuck you're saying here. Good god. :rolleyes:

NESter the Unlikely 11-25-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2499659)
I'm not even sure what the fuck you're saying here. Good god. :rolleyes:

Console baby trying to flex... what, I don't know. Kind of adorable really.

blackzc 11-25-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2499672)
Console baby trying to flex... what, I don't know. Kind of adorable really.

You shutup.

SpectralThundr 11-25-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2499679)
You shutup.

Lol hit a nerve did he?:D

blackzc 11-26-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2499672)
Console baby trying to flex... what, I don't know. Kind of adorable really.

PC's and me go way back to like 01, ill just say i can buy dick waving rigz now but im not into them sadly. I'm all about simplifying my life at this point.

Stupid life and its ironicalities.

I'm actually kinda proud of the 2 retired Dell Optiplex's i recently bought off ebay for $120 each and threw in a GTX 1050 in each of them. They look good, are extremely serviceable, are dead quiet and do what i need them to. This is how i will buy PC's from here on out.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 PM.