Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Call of Duty Modern Warfare Campaign Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262927)

Evil Avatar 09-24-2019 06:28 PM

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Campaign Trailer
 

Quote:

On October 25th, when the world is threatened, you’ll have to get your hands dirty so the world stays clean.

In a desperate mission, Captain Price and the SAS will partner alongside the CIA and the Urzikstani Liberation Force to retrieve stolen chemical weapons. The heart-racing fight will take you from London to the Middle East and other global locations, as this joint task force battles to stop full-scale global war.

Lines will be drawn, your resolve will be tested, and the world will look to you to do what needs to be done.

Evil Avatar 09-24-2019 06:28 PM


ministryofwrath 09-25-2019 01:55 AM

Never played the first one.

If this has coop, I'm game.

MechaDangerous 09-25-2019 07:20 PM

I love how the PC and Xbox communities are fucking blowing up over the news that a game mode is a PS4 exclusive for a full year. I know all my friends that pre-ordered the game have refunded it already. Will be interested to see if any changes come from this.

Terran 09-25-2019 07:39 PM

That sack-o-money had better be pretty hefty if they lose a bunch of PC and Xbrick gamers.

MechaDangerous 09-25-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2544975)
That sack-o-money had better be pretty hefty if they lose a bunch of PC and Xbrick gamers.

You're probably not wrong. Sony is doing cross-platform for once, so I'm willing to bet that was a huge part of the deal since Sony never does cross-platform gaming.

Also, they confirmed guns will be in lootboxes. So that'll be fun.

Evil Avatar 09-26-2019 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2544975)
That sack-o-money had better be pretty hefty if they lose a bunch of PC and Xbrick gamers.

The reality you have to face here is that if Activision would go for such a deal, there must not be that many PC or Xbox CoD players anyway.

GodFather 09-26-2019 04:42 PM

All bark no bite, the gamers will buy it anyway even with all their bitching.

Beside your going to throw a huge stink about a mode not many people play to begin with?

Terran 09-26-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2544982)
The reality you have to face here is that if Activision would go for such a deal, there must not be that many PC or Xbox CoD players anyway.

I don't know if that's reality or not, but I sure as hell don't have to 'face' it, because I don't give much more than a tiny turd about the game or shooters in general any longer.

So I got that going for me, which is nice. ;)


Evil Avatar 09-26-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2545028)
I don't know if that's reality or not, but I sure as hell don't have to 'face' it, because I don't give much more than a tiny turd about the game or shooters in general any longer.

So I got that going for me, which is nice. ;)

The simple reality is that the PS4 has outsold the Xbox One (and all it's many versions) by something like 2-to-1 this generation. That's enough of an advantage that Activision is willing to make deals like this with Sony. They know that the bulk of copies of Call of Duty will be sold on the PlayStation.

That's a huge shift in the market because CoD was always a huge game for the 360 and not so much for the PS3.

I've got the Xbox now and honestly, there isn't much to play on it. Gears of War, Forza, Halo... that's about it for exclusives. That pay service they have, Games Pass, only has like 2 games on it I would even play and I will not be re-subscribing once my free two months are up. I'll just go buy used copies of the two games I'll actually play.

They need to make a serious shift in how they are approaching the console market. Buying up little 3rd party studios isn't going to win them back fans. They need AAA exclusives and right now they just don't have them.

vallor 09-26-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2545040)
That's a huge shift in the market because CoD was always a huge game for the 360 and not so much for the PS3.

Microsoft still has the edge with Live over PSN. Trophies mean nothing where many people live for achievements. People with massive numbers of friends will buy the game for the platform their friends are on.

Handicapping CoD by Sony only multiplayer content (let's face it, like the Epic Store 1 year exclusivity basically makes this a Sony product) seems shortsighted.

Quote:

That pay service they have, Games Pass, only has like 2 games on it I would even play and I will not be re-subscribing once my free two months are up. I'll just go buy used copies of the two games I'll actually play.
Pretty sure you can't be trusted to evaluate anything Xbox One related fairly. Your bias through this entire generation gives the impression you'd say anything to sink the Xbox over any/all other platforms.

Quote:

They need to make a serious shift in how they are approaching the console market. Buying up little 3rd party studios isn't going to win them back fans. They need AAA exclusives and right now they just don't have them.
Gamepass may not be a great offering for you... yet. But grabbing AA studios and incubating them into AAA studios like Microsoft has done with:

1) Epic (pre-Coalition) when they were still little more than an Engine company who made a couple games before MS gave them all the freedom and support for the first Gears.

2) Bungie who were far from a AAA company before MS took them under their bank account.

Microsoft money makes good studios great and I think that's what they are counting on for the future of Gamepass.

Primus 09-26-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2544982)
The reality you have to face here is that if Activision would go for such a deal, there must not be that many PC or Xbox CoD players anyway.

But Sony would only go for the deal if they felt there was a viable threat to protect against. Probably because the US is by far the biggest market to capture, especially for this type of game, and the PS4 to XB1 ratio is much closer here than in Europe or Asia.

Inkabodcrane 09-26-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2545040)

I've got the Xbox now and honestly, there isn't much to play on it. Gears of War, Forza, Halo... that's about it for exclusives. That pay service they have, Games Pass, only has like 2 games on it I would even play and I will not be re-subscribing once my free two months are up. I'll just go buy used copies of the two games I'll actually play.

They need to make a serious shift in how they are approaching the console market. Buying up little 3rd party studios isn't going to win them back fans. They need AAA exclusives and right now they just don't have them.

I hate to say this but I am starting to like Gamepass. There have been several games in there that I have played that I wouldn't have bought or was waiting on for a sale. There are several that have appeared in there that I had already bought and wished I'd have waited since I would've saved money.

Blair Witch came out in Gamepass at launch, but I didn't know that and had already bought it. Also don't forget Outer Worlds comes out in Gamepass at launch so that's worth is right there.

Other games in Gamepass that I have been able to play on PC as well because of the cross platform stuff:

Metro Exodus, and that is an Epic Store exclusives for a year, yet I got around it and played on PC with gamepass.

Bloodstained was just added, Astroneer, Dirt Rally, Dead Cells, Jump Force, and idk what else.

Part of why I am so positive about Gamepass is because I got it for 13 months for only $1! HAhHAHA

Seriously don't forget to play Outer Worlds when it comes out, I am pretty pumped that I don't have to buy that and will still get to play it.

I will still buy COD, on PC, because I prefer to play FPS games with M/KB. Annoyed about the PS4 exclusivity but I guess it will give me a reason to play it again in a year after I had long quit playing.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.