Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Destiny 2ís Steam Debut Peaks at 200k Concurrent Players (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263136)

Inkabodcrane 10-04-2019 03:50 AM

Destiny 2ís Steam Debut Peaks at 200k Concurrent Players

Quote:

Now separated from Activision, Destiny 2 is no longer tied to the Blizzard Launcher. The game made its Steam debut yesterday in tandem with the launch of its latest major expansion, which, thanks to Steamís more transparent policy with displaying key metrics, gives us our first opportunity to take a look at Destiny 2ís player count.
Despite major server issues that forced Bungie to take Destiny 2 servers offline and therefore likely kept many players from joining in the action yesterday, the game peaked at over 200k concurrent players. In doing so, it briefly took the third spot on Steamís most-played games chart.
Full Article via Twinfinite

I had played some Destiny 2 both on console and on Battle.net (thanks to Humble Bundle). Since it had a new expansion and moved to Steam, I decided to jump back in and see how it is. Happy to say I am having a lot of fun and there is a ton to do and learn. Anyone else checking out Shadowkeep?

Evil Avatar 10-04-2019 09:27 AM

I plan to jump back in after I get burned out on Red Dead 2. I'm so close to 100% that it isn't funny. I think I'm at 92.5%.

Mozgus 10-04-2019 09:45 AM

Resumed where I left off almost 2 years ago and immediately remembered why I switched to Warframe.

Mozain 10-04-2019 10:34 AM

Been enjoying this latest expansion quite a bit.

Different take for them to spread the campaign over the season (perhaps over the rest of the year?), but we'll see how it goes. They tested dripping content last year, and I think I prefer it more than just a big content dump and then nothing for 3 months.

That style probably doesn't sit well with people who can go at it 10+ hours a day, but I got a life and other stuff to do heh.

vallor 10-04-2019 03:41 PM

I may go back and play. I did transfer my account so everyone is ready to go. I logged in for a bit and wandered around in the Tower but I'm not really on an FPS kick right now.

Remember to go to bungie.net/pcmove to transfer your account if you had it on Battle.net. I am not sure how long they will be able to transfer OR if they will stop boosting characters on the old accounts.

Inkabodcrane 10-05-2019 05:59 AM

I don't know what I'm missing, but I see other people spawning their personal vehicles whenever like in Destiny 1, but I either don't know how to do it in D2 or skipped through the instructions on how to do it on PC. Anyone know about this?

blackzc 10-05-2019 03:15 PM

I've been playing it on PC, on a 65 in Sony 4K with HDR10. I've decided that there is just too much sensory overload for me. Its just too much for my old ass at this point. Looks as good as anything but the sparking and flashing effect are just rammed down my mother fucking throat like a Blacked. com mpeg. Destiny is the best FPS ever made, but it came too late in my life. I just cant anymore.

BRB, building Race/Flight Sim.

Fuck video games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2545508)
I don't know what I'm missing, but I see other people spawning their personal vehicles whenever like in Destiny 1, but I either don't know how to do it in D2 or skipped through the instructions on how to do it on PC. Anyone know about this?

Try tab to pull out ghost, bottom left should tell you what key to spawn sparrow.

On a 360 controller its (select) then hold X

vallor 10-05-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2545508)

You have to get to a certain level and quest completion I think, then when you go to the Ghost options screen; there's a button to spawn your Sparrow vehicle.

I use a controller so for me it's the overlapping boxes button.

Kreigmstr 10-07-2019 02:07 PM

Like Vallor said. Once you've completed the Moon intro stuff. Just hit Tab, then while your holding your ghost up hit E. Don't hold tab, that will take you to the director that allows you to switch planets/fast travel etc.

I'm having fun with it TBH. I'm at 922 light at the moment. I got burnt out on it previously on Xbox. That was at least a year ago.

Armor 2.0 is pretty interesting. Gives you a lot of flexibility in customization for what ever your doing.

I was a little disappointed in their promised ability to use any gear skin. Apparently it's only selected sets of gear that you can do that with. But it's not so bad as I like the current hunter set.

Matchmaking for Nightfall is a great improvement.

Evil Avatar 10-07-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2545525)
I've been playing it on PC, on a 65 in Sony 4K with HDR10. I've decided that there is just too much sensory overload for me. Its just too much for my old ass at this point. Looks as good as anything but the sparking and flashing effect are just rammed down my mother fucking throat like a Blacked. com mpeg. Destiny is the best FPS ever made, but it came too late in my life. I just cant anymore.

Single player and co-op seem fine, but mutiplayer has become a spam-fest of constant supers and I agree, it just lights up the whole screen and you can't even see what is going on most of the time.

I quit about a year ago, the new "content" they were cranking out was pretty much the exact same as all the old content. The areas look the same and the enemies are the same. Add in that the armor sets mostly look pretty drab and it wasn't worth doing the grind any more.

I had great fun with Destiny and Destiny 2, I hope they can make a comeback now that they aren't under Activision's thumb.