Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248249)

BeardedSonOfNel 09-10-2017 07:37 AM

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?

Well a new season kicked off this week. I'll catch the Vikings on Monday.

What games are you watching today?

PatrickRes9 09-10-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2492386)
What games are you watching today?

Going to watch my Broncos barely edge out an underrated Chargers team tomorrow.

Today, I'm most curious about the TEN vs OAK and SEA vs GB. I'm mildly interested to see how Christian McCaffrey does too in the CAR vs SF game, especially considering I'm starting him on my fantasy team. I never draft rookie RBs, let alone start them week 1, but I was sort of spurred on by the absolute monster game KC's rookie RB Hunt had. Watching a Patriots *** whooping is always fun too. That was a good way to start the season, even if KC is in our division.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-10-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2492387)
Going to watch my Broncos barely edge out an underrated Chargers team tomorrow.

Today, I'm most curious about the TEN vs OAK and SEA vs GB. I'm mildly interested to see how Christian McCaffrey does too in the CAR vs SF game, especially considering I'm starting him on my fantasy team. I never draft rookie RBs, let alone start them week 1, but I was sort of spurred on by the absolute monster game KC's rookie RB Hunt had. Watching a Patriots *** whooping is always fun too. That was a good way to start the season, even if KC is in our division.

Good luck with your fantasy game!

brandonjclark 09-10-2017 08:47 AM

GB vs. SEA.

This one could have future implications in the NFC title game.

shadow763 09-10-2017 09:01 AM

They still broadcast football? :cool:

GodFather 09-10-2017 09:13 AM

Bengals baby!

Emabulator 09-10-2017 09:41 AM

J - E - T - S Jets! Jets! Je... I'm going to need a Xanax.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4368/...ba527422_z.jpg

Chimpbot 09-10-2017 06:24 PM

Giants v Cowboys for me; I'm just hoping the Cowboys don't get swept like last year.

blackzc 09-10-2017 06:37 PM

I hear ratings are down for the NFL like 16% over last year.

Kapernick practice sock is gone and ratings are still tanking?

Get the fuck out. Be a real man, and stop worshiping other men who hate you. Sports cucks.

TheHulk 09-10-2017 07:00 PM

Rams. All alone at the in the West baby!

Terran 09-10-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2492428)
I hear ratings are down for the NFL like 16% over last year.

Down for sure.

brandonjclark 09-10-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2492428)
Get the fuck out. Be a real man, and stop worshiping other men who hate you. Sports cucks.

I don't worship these people.

https://i.imgur.com/0vwPp0r.jpg

Go Pack!

Chimpbot 09-11-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2492431)

Most of that rant is easily boiled down to image:

https://i.imgur.com/TVt5Htxl.jpg

The "hip hop culture" complaint was just...strange. Most TV broadcasts play a wide variety of music leading into and out of commercials and most stadiums play an even wider variety throughout games. At the end of the day, the NFL fanbase is just as diverse as the country's population; not all tastes are going to align with his, or mine. Bitching about the handful of Hip Hop/R&B songs that may be played at a stadium or during a broadcast is asinine, especially because this guy likely doesn't bat an eye when some bullshit Classic Rock or Country song is played. "I don't like them hippity hops. Pull up yer damn pants!"

At the end of the day, I'm absolutely sick and tired of all of the bullshit surrounding the national anthem protests. Everyone pissing and moaning neglects to mention that all of the customss typically adhered to in regards to the anthem are nothing more than statutory suggestions; they're not requirements, nor are they punishable if not adhered to.

The best part is that prior to 2009, all players stayed in the locker room until after the National Anthem was played and/or performed. It wasn't until the Department of Defense started cutting checks to each individual team that you started seeing players standing on the field; prior to that, they were farting around in the locker room...which isn't any different than the people in the crowd farting around in the concessions lines, not standing, not placing their hand over their heart and not singing along while it's being played. All of the National Anthem theatrics is nothing more than a paid advertisement for the US Armed Forces. These people are complaining about paid patriotism.

If players don't want to stand for the national anthem, it's their goddamned right as Americans to not stand for the national anthem. Period. End of discussion. They're not disrespecting the military, the flag, the country or any other bullshit response people want to drag out. They don't automatically "hate America". It's no more - or less - disrespectful than the millions of people who regularly don't stand or salute on a weekly basis.

Until the people complaining about the players not standing for the anthem start barking at everyone around them also not standing, they need to just stop. At least the players standing have a reason; they're either protesting something or standing in solidarity with teammates who are protesting something. The vast majority of people who don't properly perform all of the customs do so out of sheer laziness.

With all that being said, the guy does bring up some decent points. I've always hated taxpayer-subsidized stadiums, the product is way too friggin' overpriced (from games to merch to...well, everything) and - at the end of the day - it's just a game. As a nation, we spend far too much energy fretting over these games and organizations. It's all just one big distraction.

Terran 09-11-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2492440)

Which rant, his or yours? :rolleyes:

I don't give a SHIT about a bunch of multi-millionaires feeling oppressed by terrible, horrible, no-good America affording them the opportunity to become set for life financially after a couple of seasons of pro play. I'm not the only one, either.

The NFL is allowing its employees to kill its success, because more and more people, like me, are fucking sick of tuning in to an ENTERTAINMENT event and being lectured to by progtard asswipe douchebags.

That's not the only reason on the long list, of course, but it's one of the big ones. Fuck 'em. :D

blackzc 09-11-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2492440)

https://i.imgur.com/TVt5Htxl.jpg

I don't care about the national anthem thing at all. I got out of sports in the 90s after the teams started loosening their standards for who they let in. AFAIR sports players used to be looked up to and seen to be the standard bearer for decency and something the kids could look up to.

But that all took a back seat to winning, and as long as a player could run down the field without getting tackled he was free to be a sack of garbage, ESPN and the fans would make excuses for them.

Now its all swung back around. I think the only thing that save the NFL is them hiring good people instead of people who are good at football. That wont happen though because that's completely gay.

Rick Pitino at Louisville is a good example. He took the place of one of a great coach (Denny Crum), who was a stand up guy who recruited good people to play ball. Now his team is buying hookers, taking cars for gifts, Pinto payed some hoe for an abortion a while back (he's married). He's a piece of shit car salesmen type who wins games.

Whats the point?

blackzc 09-11-2017 05:38 PM

And if sports has always been full of shit tier people and i just didn't know it at the time then it really changes nothing.

I don't watch it now, and if i had known then i wouldn't have watched it then either.

Muh sports has always been corrupt, accept this and watch anyway, lol. Fail..