Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259236)

Jetherik 03-08-2019 09:53 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

With wonderful weather outside, it makes it hard to stay in to play games. But not that hard. What are you playing?

Chimpbot 03-08-2019 10:40 AM

DMC5 looks to be reviewing pretty well and folks seems to like it based on user scores. I may just pick it up and give it a whirl.

Aerol901 03-08-2019 10:40 AM

Toe Jam & Earl!!!

blackzc 03-08-2019 11:23 AM

I dunno, im downloading Warframe on PC, gonna play with a controller, see how that goes.

I'm waiting for Yoshi to come out.

BalekFekete 03-08-2019 11:37 AM

Still playing Anthem, now working on the Colossus javelin. So wholly different from the Storm, it's like a new game.

brandonjclark 03-08-2019 12:40 PM

More Apex Legends. Such a damn fine game.

Anyone else have any recommendations on PC?

Kreigmstr 03-08-2019 02:21 PM

Playing a D&D game tonight. Running one for some friends tomorrow. Throw in a bit of Beat Saber and Apex. And Hopefully I'll get some Elite in as well.

Meeks 03-08-2019 02:45 PM

Anthem, Rocket League, Overwatch, Far Cry 5

Wizzkidd 03-08-2019 03:47 PM

DOA6, playing BF5 again, meddling with Anthem a bit, still playing Crackdown 3 and Trials Rising.

Thinking of getting DMC5 as well.

rulyblue 03-08-2019 03:51 PM

Deep into Octopath Traveller for the Switch.

Next will be Hollow Knight and maybe a game about breaking pots.

ascl 03-09-2019 01:53 PM

I will be sitting on an airplane for 15 hours... so lots of switch gaming. Dead Cells, Defense Grid 2, maybe some Stardew Valley.

Evil Avatar 03-09-2019 02:09 PM

Just got back from Captain Marvel an hour ago. If you haven't already purchased your tickets... don't bother.

It's pretty ironic that she crashes into a Blockbuster at the beginning of the film, because the movie is a rental at best.

wunshot 03-09-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2532552)
Just got back from Captain Marvel an hour ago. If you haven't already purchased your tickets... don't bother.

It's pretty ironic that she crashes into a Blockbuster at the beginning of the film, because the movie is a rental at best.

Yeah, I went to see it just so I would have the story complete for avengers, but it was crap. First two acts were a 4 out of 10, but the 3rd act was actually pretty cool.... Maybe 8 out of 10.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2532553)
Yeah, I went to see it just so I would have the story complete for avengers, but it was crap. First two acts were a 4 out of 10, but the 3rd act was actually pretty cool.... Maybe 8 out of 10.

We had a good time and my Daughter and I both love the chance to get out of the house and have movie theater popcorn and candy... and my Dad goes with us, which I love because my family isnít one of those close families that do stuff together so itís kind of a great chance to get together without having to actually talk to each other (Ha!).

We enjoyed it and it was decent. I laughed at the cat and it was nice to see a super hero smile once in a while instead of all the gloom and doom from the more recent movies.

Itís still just an average movie and pretty generic. If you donít see it, you didnít miss anything.

I agree with a lot of the reviews that say the movie is misplaced in time, we really just want to see what happens in Endgame and didnít need a ďfillerĒ movie in between. I think if they werenít desperate to include a hero that could actually beat Thanos in a one-on-one fight the movie never would have happened.

After showing Thanos beat EVERYONE including the Hulk, I think they had to bring in someone new to mix it up for the Endgame.

(Though, to be fair, Thor did kick his ass.)

wunshot 03-10-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2532580)
We had a good time and my Daughter and I both love the chance to get out of the house and have movie theater popcorn and candy... and my Dad goes with us, which I love because my family isnít one of those close families that do stuff together so itís kind of a great chance to get together without having to actually talk to each other (Ha!).

We enjoyed it and it was decent. I laughed at the cat and it was nice to see a super hero smile once in a while instead of all the gloom and doom from the more recent movies.

Itís still just an average movie and pretty generic. If you donít see it, you didnít miss anything.

I agree with a lot of the reviews that say the movie is misplaced in time, we really just want to see what happens in Endgame and didnít need a ďfillerĒ movie in between. I think if they werenít desperate to include a hero that could actually beat Thanos in a one-on-one fight the movie never would have happened.

After showing Thanos beat EVERYONE including the Hulk, I think they had to bring in someone new to mix it up for the Endgame.

(Though, to be fair, Thor did kick his ass.)

Yeah, she's pretty unstoppable. Didn't seem like she had any weaknesses whatsoever.

LostToys 03-10-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2532584)
Yeah, she's pretty unstoppable. Didn't seem like she had any weaknesses whatsoever.

That's sorta the point. Captain Mar-vell was really the counterpoint to Superman, so they kept a lot of the power suit when they retooled him into Captain Marvel.

PatrickRes9 03-10-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascl (Post 2532550)
I will be sitting on an airplane for 15 hours... so lots of switch gaming. Dead Cells, Defense Grid 2, maybe some Stardew Valley.

Good stuff right there.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2019 07:53 PM

I mowed the yard this weekend, so I was too beat for any gaming. I did watch Avengers: Infinity War, Chappie and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Good times. My wife had never seen Chappie and she was totally getting into it.