Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Atlus Announces Persona 5 Has Sold More Than 2 Million Copies (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250144)

Emabulator 12-01-2017 01:19 PM

Atlus Announces Persona 5 Has Sold More Than 2 Million Copies

Atlus has announced that its PS4 and PS3 RPG Persona 5 has sold more than two million copies.

Quote:

IRVINE, Calif. - Nov. 30, 2017 - ATLUS today announced that the overall sales of Persona 5 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 have reached a crucial milestone with more than 2 million copies sold worldwide. Since the initial launch, Persona 5 has earned critical acclaim, receiving recognition and awards from prestigious media outlets and fans.

Most recently, ATLUS is proud to announce that Persona 5 has been nominated in four categories for "The Game Awards 2017," held in Los Angeles CA on December 7, including: "Game of the Year," "Best Art Direction," "Best Score/Music," and "Best Role Playing Game."

"This has been an incredible year for our company, one that represents our ambitions for Japanese games in the west," said Naoto Hiraoka, president & CEO of Atlus U.S.A., Inc.. "We are in the middle of experiencing tremendous growth, both in the west and abroad, and the sales of Persona 5 represent a new level of expectation for fans of the genre. Once seen as niche, Persona 5 is one of the most important titles this year, proving interest in this category is expanding. We look forward to delivering more incredible games to our fans next year."

ElektroDragon 12-01-2017 01:49 PM

I rented it.... I just couldn't tolerate playing it at all. I was expecting something more like Persona 4 and instead got a fugly new menu system and boring insipid story.

karaliusbronius 12-01-2017 03:16 PM

I just bought it and I'm about to check it out once its done downloading. This will be my first Persona game and I'm keeping my judgement until the end. I really like the art style and I like RPGs. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but I'm excited to try something new.

LostToys 12-01-2017 04:31 PM

I will get around to playing this eventually, but at the moment, my collector's edition remains shrink wrapped.

wunshot 12-02-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2500260)
I rented it.... I just couldn't tolerate playing it at all. I was expecting something more like Persona 4 and instead got a fugly new menu system and boring insipid story.

I couldn't get into this game at all. Literally never even got past the first city map. I've recently realized how much i despise JRPG's. Strange because I like some anime, but both this and the new xenoblade game stink.

Juan 12-04-2017 02:22 AM

Absolutely fantastic game. I enjoyed 4 a little more but both were exceptional titles.

Scherge 12-04-2017 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2500398)
Absolutely fantastic game. I enjoyed 4 a little more but both were exceptional titles.

I still need to finish 4 (on the Vita) before I get started on 5. My problem with the game is that its design is diametrically opposed to my gameplay habits. I'm a person who wants to experience a story once (and mayyyybe a second time, years later), but see everything on this single playthrough. With all the character interactions on the one hand and the amazingly boring dungeon designs (that you still need to visit regularly, to scan monsters and fuse personas) on the other, it's too easy for me to reach a point where I'm bored (or want to consult a FAQ)...

The game itself is fantastic, though, which is why I recently got back in for the third time. :o

Juan 12-04-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2500400)
I still need to finish 4 (on the Vita) before I get started on 5. My problem with the game is that its design is diametrically opposed to my gameplay habits. I'm a person who wants to experience a story once (and mayyyybe a second time, years later), but see everything on this single playthrough. With all the character interactions on the one hand and the amazingly boring dungeon designs (that you still need to visit regularly, to scan monsters and fuse personas) on the other, it's too easy for me to reach a point where I'm bored (or want to consult a FAQ)...

The game itself is fantastic, though, which is why I recently got back in for the third time. :o

I wouldn't worry about missing things or doing things wrong, a single playthrough of Persona will show you 90%+ of the content.

My only complaint of 5 is that it was a bit too long. After 80 hours, I was ready for it to end.

Chimpbot 12-04-2017 06:24 AM

I had never played a Persona game before 5, but I had a surprisingly great time with it. It had been years since I really dug into a JRPG game (and not for a lack of trying), but this one managed to sink it's hooks into me; it's definitely one of the best we've gotten in years.

With that being said, it's likely won't convert anyone who doesn't like the genre.