Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefield 4 System Requirements (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197953)

Rommel 09-12-2013 09:03 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...bo1430401-LM3A
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...bo1430407-LM4A

Even closer. Wow, actually--Again, once a 7870 is in the $125 range the PS4 is expensive at $399. Due to expected console price drops, the Sony offering will still be cheaper than a quick and dirty gamer PC because what will be considered the low end PC parts will be a gen ahead. The market doesn't keep old parts available forever and they tend to hit a bottom price, even after inventory becomes a liability and not an asset.

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-12-2013 09:13 PM

I think it's time to do another build. I've been staring at the EVGA 770s with four gigs of ram all day. I've never had one of their cards but always hear good things. The Classified or FTW seems awesome especially for SLI later when I get a few 4K displays to go 1440p on everything. Anyone know of good new motherboards?

Rommel 09-12-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2245012)
I think it's time to do another build. I've been staring at the EVGA 770s with four gigs of ram all day.

There is frequent debate if 4gb of GDDR5 on a 256 bit architecture is worthwhile. Also, the difference is negligible. Are you running several screens?

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-12-2013 09:49 PM

Soon I should be running two 4k monitors with my main system. The link you posted is part of why I'm hesitating but I like being somewhat future proof when I get brand new parts. I got a little side tracked with all the new things coming out around this time of year. I purchased a Nexus 7 2013 earlier today instead of another X-Star display. Now I want to just do a whole new build on top of a new video card config.

Rommel 09-12-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2245016)
Soon I should be running two 4k monitors with my main system. The link you posted is part of why I'm hesitating but I like being somewhat future proof when I get brand new parts. I got a little side tracked with all the new things coming out around this time of year. I purchased a Nexus 7 2013 earlier today instead of another X-Star display. Now I want to just do a whole new build on top of a new video card config.

Well, if you are going to run that resolution you should bite the bullet and get a 780, a 690, a Titan (Don't actually do this) or wait for the next batch of cards to the market. A 770 4gb is neither the right GPU nor RAM configuration for that level of display.

3Suns 09-12-2013 11:56 PM

Thanks, ty!

Thanks for the links to the systems. The SSHD is especially sexy (and is what I think the console makers should offer as alternate SKUs). Anyway, those are the most important pieces for building a PC, but I don't see the cables, power source, etc. bundled in there, so that adds some more to the total.

Rommel 09-13-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Suns (Post 2245030)
Thanks, ty!

Thanks for the links to the systems. The SSHD is especially sexy (and is what I think the console makers should offer as alternate SKUs). Anyway, those are the most important pieces for building a PC, but I don't see the cables, power source, etc. bundled in there, so that adds some more to the total.

I cannot be any more opposed to a hardware piece than an SSHD. All the problems of both techs, neither of its benefits.

brandonjclark 09-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2245016)
I purchased a Nexus 7 2013 earlier today instead of another X-Star display.

You're going to like it!

Suicidal ShiZuru 09-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2245098)
You're going to like it!

It is freaking glorious. I thought the claims of best Android tablet were exaggerations but it's so damn true. I was going to wait for the new offerings within a month or so but I'm sure this will hold up and the overall design is near perfect.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.