Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pure Evil - @NECA_TOYS Customer Rep is a Dick (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222071)

Evil Avatar 01-09-2015 04:30 PM

Pure Evil - @NECA_TOYS Customer Rep is a Dick
 

I've dealt with some piss-poor customer service over the years, but you have to laugh at this twitter exchange between myself and the customer service rep at NECA toys (the company who makes the Aliens, Pacific Rim and Planet of the Apes action figures).

Back before the release of Rise of the Planet of the Apes I once asked NECA if they would ever consider doing Planet of the Apes figures. He said that there hasn't been a successful line of PotA figures since the Mego line and that there was no interest from retailers. Fast forward a few years (and two smash hit movies) and they are cranking out Apes figures as fast as they can pour the plastic.

Several times over the years I have enjoyed pointing out to them that they once said that Apes would never sell. And today when their customers were asking for a Taylor action figure, their twitter rep threw a huge tantrum and blocked me for providing the above link.

I guess some companies don't deserve our money. I know I'll be dumping all my NECA figures now. I think Sideshow Toys wants my money more than them.

The total lack of professionalism, name calling and profanity from an official twitter feed is what is really shocking.

Emabulator 01-09-2015 04:50 PM

You should buy a Sideshow Black Widow figure, for your good buddy Emabulator, out of spite! Be productive with your anger!

Divorced 01-09-2015 04:50 PM

Seems a bit of an overreaction to me.

screwyluie 01-09-2015 04:55 PM

"We'd have to convince retail" "we could surpass those. Maybe one day we'll get the chance"

seems reasonable to me, perhaps you should carefully climb down from that soapbox Evil because I think you're making a fool of yourself

Rommel 01-09-2015 05:03 PM

God you're immature

Wanna fuck boy scouts with me?

Meusli 01-09-2015 05:15 PM

I saw you comment on twitter about this, man needs to be fired as he was very unprofessional.

Evil Avatar 01-09-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwyluie (Post 2351939)
seems reasonable to me, perhaps you should carefully climb down from that soapbox Evil because I think you're making a fool of yourself

This isn't the first time he has lied about what he said. He got called out on it a year ago by myself and several other people and every time he tries to pull the same nonsense "I never said that." and "Prove it." and today I took the time to dig out the link and then he threw a huge fit and started calling me asshole and doing a RT of every tweet where someone said something negative about me.

I'm the consumer, I'm allowed to be an unprofessional jerk if that's what I want to do. Their online customer support reps should be above that shit.

And he shouldn't have been a douchebag about the whole thing in the first place. He was getting his panties in a twist because people were asking for a Taylor figure to match their classic PotA line.

I'm not sure what this "Randy Falk" has against Planet of the Apes, but if he doesn't support the product line perhaps he shouldn't be working there.

MechaDangerous 01-09-2015 05:43 PM

An outsiders opinion: Seems like you're overreacting, Evil. He never said they wouldn't sell. He said they "haven't been successful since Mego" and "retailers don't ask for it".

Is something missing from your links, though? You said he threw a huge fit and started calling you an asshole but I don't see one vulgarity from NECA, just you calling him a dick and a monkey.

Suicidal ShiZuru 01-09-2015 05:58 PM

Twitter will probably destroy the world one day.

Evil Avatar 01-09-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2351952)
Is something missing from your links, though? You said he threw a huge fit and started calling you an asshole but I don't see one vulgarity from NECA, just you calling him a dick and a monkey.

Yes, he called me an asshole on their official feed. Link. It was after that when I called him a monkey. He also started doing a RT and Favorite on every post where someone called me a dick. Basically, he was the one that started in with the name calling.

Venkman 01-09-2015 06:08 PM

I'm embarrassed for you.

Evil Avatar 01-09-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 2351960)
I'm embarrassed for you.

I'm embarassed that NECA would let someone like this Randy character run their twitter feed. He's got issues. Bigger issues than I have, which is saying a lot.

MechaDangerous 01-09-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru (Post 2351956)
Twitter will probably destroy the world one day.

Pretty much this. Can we just destroy Twitter before it destroys us?

MasterKwan 01-09-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

I'm embarrassed for you.
This. Nerd rage over plastic toys.

BeardedSonOfNel 01-09-2015 09:18 PM

Wow, the world is all ducked up and grown men are fighting over toys. I love this site :)

Thousand1son 01-09-2015 09:48 PM

In my opinion "I'm a consumer and I'm allowed to be a jerk" routine will destroy us all, not Twitter. If Customer Service is shitty report to manager or someone in charge over Customer Service - they'll probably fix it up. You being jerk gets You only to creating a jerk on the other side of the keyboard (even if it's unprofessional as hell).

KIllrazor 01-09-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKwan (Post 2351984)
This. Nerd rage over plastic toys.

Also this...

Evil Avatar 01-09-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2351985)
Wow, the world is all ducked up and grown men are fighting over toys. I love this site :)

We can't fix the world, but we can complain about NECA's shitty customer service.

Agnostic Pope 01-10-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2351941)
God you're immature

Wanna fuck boy scouts with me?

This.

And no. Maybe... only Pink haired asians but for some reason look like white chicks also not a day over 17. Maybe.

SpectralThundr 01-10-2015 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2351947)
This isn't the first time he has lied about what he said. He got called out on it a year ago by myself and several other people and every time he tries to pull the same nonsense "I never said that." and "Prove it." and today I took the time to dig out the link and then he threw a huge fit and started calling me asshole and doing a RT of every tweet where someone said something negative about me.

I'm the consumer, I'm allowed to be an unprofessional jerk if that's what I want to do. Their online customer support reps should be above that shit.

And he shouldn't have been a douchebag about the whole thing in the first place. He was getting his panties in a twist because people were asking for a Taylor figure to match their classic PotA line.

I'm not sure what this "Randy Falk" has against Planet of the Apes, but if he doesn't support the product line perhaps he shouldn't be working there.

Way to over react, at the time he said they wouldn't have sold and the retail channel didn't want them. Which was prolly true. Maybe he called you an asshole because you come off as one?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 AM.