Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bright | Official Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247039)

BeardedSonOfNel 07-20-2017 05:29 PM

Bright | Official Trailer
 
https://s22.postimg.org/fv99h9gj5/Ne...s-as-_Ward.jpg

Click the headline to watch the video.

Quote:

Humans, Orcs, Elves... everybody is just trying to get along. Get ready for the world of Bright, a new Netflix Original Film, starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton. Coming to Netflix December 22th.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-20-2017 05:29 PM


vallor 07-20-2017 05:54 PM

Looks like it may be Will Smith's best movie in years and a damn good Sci-fi with franchise potential. I know I'll be watching it day one. Netflix may be an actual film production company if they can deliver with this.

No one who ever even spent a curious glance at shadowrun could not want to watch this.

MadMurdock_0311 07-20-2017 09:24 PM

Hm. I'll watch it.

Azzy 07-20-2017 10:15 PM

This trailer is SO much better than the last. I'm in.

Evil Avatar 07-21-2017 12:38 AM

Looks pretty generic. Seems like they took the beginning of Alien Nation and then patched it onto the second half of every single YA urban fantasy novel ever written.

If it wasn't free, I wouldn't even bother.

Scherge 07-21-2017 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2488494)
If it wasn't free, I wouldn't even bother.

Well, it's not free for me, as I'm not paying for Netflix, but if they put it out on Blu-ray, I might bite. I just hope it's not all action, like the trailer alludes to, and a bit more cop/buddy movie. I miss "Lethal Weapon"... and, no, this weird TV show doesn't count.

Edit: Also, if this is successful, maybe we can finally get an official Shadowrun series or even movie. Not convinced about "Blade Runner 2049" yet.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-21-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2488494)
Looks pretty generic. Seems like they took the beginning of Alien Nation and then patched it onto the second half of every single YA urban fantasy novel ever written.

If it wasn't free, I wouldn't even bother.

Funny, I told my wife last night that this has a huge Alien Nation vibe.

Chimpbot 07-21-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2488466)
Looks like it may be Will Smith's best movie in years and a damn good Sci-fi with franchise potential. I know I'll be watching it day one. Netflix may be an actual film production company if they can deliver with this.

No one who ever even spent a curious glance at shadowrun could not want to watch this.

The only reason why I wouldn't watch it is because it's ripping off Shadowrun about as hard as Underworld ripped off White Wolf's RPGs.

With that being said, I'll still give it a shot. It's the closest thing to a Shadowrun movie we'll ever get.

Demo_Boy 07-21-2017 06:45 AM

Shadowrun the movie works for me. Works for me quite well.

brandonjclark 07-21-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo_Boy (Post 2488505)
Shadowrun the movie works for me. Works for me quite well.

Yup, that's the vibe I'm getting here, too.

godsfriend 07-22-2017 04:12 AM

That looks fun to watch.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 PM.