Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Watch the brand new trailer for The Mandalorian, an original Star Wars Series (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263580)

Evil Avatar 10-29-2019 07:49 AM

Watch the brand new trailer for The Mandalorian, an original Star Wars Series

“Mandalorian, look outside. They’re waiting for you.” Watch the brand new trailer for #TheMandalorian, an original Star Wars series.

Start streaming Nov. 12, only on #DisneyPlus.

Evil Avatar 10-29-2019 07:49 AM

Chief Smash 10-29-2019 08:59 AM

It looks good to me. But I'm a little gun shy on Disney's recent track record. For all I know, it will be wall to wall virtue signaling and all of this space western gun slinging is just a big dumb feint.

Metal Jesus 10-29-2019 09:04 AM

Looks as good as any of the feature movies! Insta-Watch.

Evil Avatar 10-29-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2547103)
Looks as good as any of the feature movies! Insta-Watch.

I've been thinking that this is starting to look like the Star Wars we were waiting for. Why didn't they just have John Favreau write & direct in the first place???

Mad Max RW 10-29-2019 09:56 AM

Looks good and Pedro Pascal is great. Will give it a chance.

Sir_Smokes_Alot 10-29-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2547101)
It looks good to me. But I'm a little gun shy on Disney's recent track record. For all I know, it will be wall to wall virtue signaling and all of this space western gun slinging is just a big dumb feint.

This has too be good for Disney they know they have damaged the Star Wars brand even if they will never admit it and they over payed Lucas for the rights to Star Wars.

Chief Smash 10-29-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2547138)
This has too be good for Disney they know they have damaged the Star Wars brand even if they will never admit it and they over payed Lucas for the rights to Star Wars.

I hope you're right and it does look cool. I guess the cynic in me is always expecting the worst out of shows and movies these days.

NACIONAL 10-29-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2547138)

I don't think they overpayed. If they had treated the brand well they should be swimming in money now, but since they did nothing of the sort, their toys are not getting bought and people are not going to the movies.

The Mandalorian looks good, but i will wait for word of mouth to tell me is good before I make an investment in Disney+

Terran 10-29-2019 07:12 PM

Already subbed (early entry deal!) for D+, will be dropping Netflix shortly.

This series actually looks decent, but it's easy to cobble together enough scenes to generate excitement even from a dud, so we'll see.

If D+ doesn't deliver, I'll walk from it like I'm doing from Netflix. It has promise, but the service (and its exclusive shows) really needs to produce. It will hit the ground running based on reputation and back catalog, but it will hit a wall if it doesn't offer exclusive value fast.

And yes, I know much of their IP will be exclusively there (and the rest will follow when freed from licensing on other platforms), but folks have a lot of that stuff on DVD. The service needs more than just a streaming back catalog to entice folks to stick around.

MadMurdock_0311 10-29-2019 10:54 PM

Whoa. Did I just see Bill Burr in that trailer?

I have my hopes up for this; already signed up for Disney+. If it sucks, I'll be cancelling.

reborn2603 10-30-2019 03:22 AM

Bill Burr is in Star Wars! Can't wait to see Gabriel Iglesias play Jabba the Hutt! HYPED!

shadow763 10-30-2019 06:41 AM

Actually interested in this mostly due to Favreau being all over it. Verizon is giving a year of Disney Plus for free to unlimited to subscribers so I am not out anything extra. At least there will be something on there that is new to watch.

Apex 10-30-2019 11:27 AM

This is looking like it might actually be quite good and not shit.

PacerDawn 10-30-2019 05:48 PM

Wait... bounties frozen in carbonite? Wasn't that just an on-the-spot thing that Vader did to Solo in order to test a trap? Not a normal method of how bounty hunters normally capture their targets? Even Fett was worried about it. Now suddenly it's been ret-conned into a how they always freeze people for space travel?

ministryofwrath 10-31-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2547233)
Wait... bounties frozen in carbonite? Wasn't that just an on-the-spot thing that Vader did to Solo in order to test a trap? Not a normal method of how bounty hunters normally capture their targets? Even Fett was worried about it. Now suddenly it's been ret-conned into a how they always freeze people for space travel?

I never knew that, wasn't in the movie right, book detail ?

Anyway, they have to grab from somewhere, I doubt most do their homework on IPs before shoveling filth and labeling it beloved content

Evil Avatar 10-31-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2547275)
I never knew that, wasn't in the movie right, book detail ?

Anyway, they have to grab from somewhere, I doubt most do their homework on IPs before shoveling filth and labeling it beloved content

No, that is in Empire. Vader makes a comment about compensating Fett if Solo doesn’t survive the freezing process.

Still, it doesn’t bother me since the new series takes place after Return.

Chief Smash 10-31-2019 04:52 AM

I believe the show takes place after Return of the Jedi. Maybe the whole carbonite thing worked out so well after Empire that people decided to use it more often.

vallor 10-31-2019 07:46 AM

If they don't release all the episodes at once, for any of their new shows, I will not subscribe.

Evil Avatar 11-15-2019 07:20 AM

This really is the Star Wars we have been waiting for. It's amazing how good Star Wars can be the second the writers stop virtue signaling and concentrate on the core of Star Wars... which always was a Space Western/Samurai story.

Getting a great Lone Wolf and Cub feeling from the first two episodes.