Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of November 3rd to November 9th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263697)

Evil Avatar 11-04-2019 07:37 AM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of November 3rd to November 9th

Game & Movie Releases for the week of November 3rd to November 9th, 2019.

Retail Games
Death Stranding (PS4)
Need for Speed Heat (PS4, Xbox, PC)
Just Dance 2020 (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
JUMANJI: The Video Game (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Northgard (Xbox)
Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars (PS4)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
LAYTON'S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Switch)
A Hat In Time (Switch)
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival (Switch)
Fortnite Darkfire Bundle (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Wargroove Deluxe Edition (Switch)
Close to the Sun (PS4, Xbox, Switch)
Farm Expert 2019 (Switch)

Movies & TV
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
The Kitchen
The Art of Racing in the Rain
Corporate Animals
Yu Yu Hakusho: The Complete Second Season
Yellowstone: Season 2
Good Omens
Castlevania: Season 2
Ambition
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Ace Attorney: Season Two - Part Two
Restaurant to Another World: The Complete Series
Apprentice to Murder
Shonen Maid: The Complete Series

Box Office
Doctor Sleep
Last Christmas
Midway
Honey Boy

Booda 11-04-2019 09:11 AM

I'm actually looking forward to Death Stranding arriving on 11/8. I don't think I've watched or read anything about the game since the reveal trailer back in 2016. I'm pretty much going in blind which is about as close to the feeling of Christmas morning as I'm gonna get at my age. :p

I'm also just kind of excited about a big release that's not considered a "live service" grind till you puke style game.

vallor 11-04-2019 11:10 AM

I was on my way out to buy a PS4 Pro to play Death Stranding and happened to look at a few reviews (non-spoiler, of course). SPOILER TAG FOR Booda even though there aren't any story spoilers here And it isn't as pretty as one might think. Apparently the main mechanics are tedious as fuck for at least the first 10 hours and only become slightly bearable after. END SPOILER!

If even the people who would kill their mom for a small chance to be picked in a lottery to fight to the death with others in order to suck off Kojima are largely finding it less than universally awesome I figure I should slow my roll and wait for a sale.

The "This is ART, not a videogame" crowd, however, are all over it. One review called it "the most important game this decade" and others have expressed similar, if less bombastic sentiments. It's hard to see how they can be such good reviews when one even says "The game is not fun" before sticking it with a 90%.

MadMurdock_0311 11-04-2019 01:57 PM

I'm currently pre-loading Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC. Debating whether or not I will be sick tomorrow.

As for Death Stranding, ehh... Kojima is weird, and I have a feeling that the game won't appeal to me. I'll hold off until the PC version hits the bargain bin.

LostToys 11-04-2019 01:57 PM

Hopefully my copy of Death Stranding (PS4) will ship from GameFly so I can play it now and buy it later on PC, but it is always a crap shoot with them when it comes to getting new releases.

As for the reviews, it is all subjective. I hate walking simulators and games that are just story, but I absolutely loved games like Journey/Ico and Stanley Parable. It all comes down to how it personally resonates with you, and for the medium of video-games, the best way to see if it something that you will like you will need to play it. Watching videos or hearing someone review the title may not be enough to determine if the game will be fun or entertaining to you because each person will play and experience the game differently.

MADxMrMike 11-04-2019 03:08 PM

debating on if I should just play it on PS4 or wait for PC.. it's coming out early summer 2020, but Cyberpunk will be out April 2020. I know Cyberpunk is going to take up so much of my time... damn these decisions! they say it's a beautiful game(Death Stranding). I would love to see it at 4K on my PC.. walking simulator I can deal with. even boring gameplay if the mood is set right(cool visuals and sound). sometimes it just feels good to zone out and do my thing in a game so Im up for that. Take a couple puffs on some cannabis, sit back, and enjoy the ride. JESUS! YOUTUBE!! TWITCH!!! INTERNET!!!! TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Metal Jesus 11-04-2019 06:12 PM

Many reviewers are saying "Death Stranding finally gets good after about 10 hours"...

Nope. No thanks.

LostToys 11-04-2019 06:23 PM

Many reviews said that about Red Dead Redemption 2 as well. It seems like one of those games that the mechanics don't start to really "click" until you logged in a good dozen or so hours into the game. Which is fine by me.

TheHulk 11-04-2019 08:52 PM

I'd pick up Death Stranding Friday if Black Friday sales weren't a few weeks away. Is this on Sony's Playstation Now maybe?

Emabulator 11-04-2019 11:33 PM

I pre-ordered the new NFS because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Inkabodcrane 11-05-2019 12:29 AM

I am looking forward to Need for Speed, I always buy them hoping for the next Underground/Most Wanted/Hot Pursuit/Undercover/Carbon. There have been many great NFS games, just hasn't been one in awhile. This new one has a cool aesthetic and the videos of it look good, so here's hoping.

I watched Giant Bomb play Death Stranding for an hour and talk all about it. One guy was over 30 hours in, was saying he didn't know if he liked it but he kept playing it anyways, and the other played 10 hours and didn't think he could go back to it. Aside from their commentary, what I saw of the game did not appeal to me. It didn't look fun, you have to deliver pizza and stuff to people and one of the main mechanics is to make sure you store everything correctly in your large backpack so that things don't fall out while walking or driving across the endless expanse. There is no way I can see myself sitting here and doing that for hours.

Seems like if you can get into it, you may like it...idk just trying to stay positive here.

PatrickRes9 11-05-2019 08:25 AM

Waiting for PC, then waiting for sale.

MADxMrMike 11-05-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2547597)
Many reviews said that about Red Dead Redemption 2 as well. It seems like one of those games that the mechanics don't start to really "click" until you logged in a good dozen or so hours into the game. Which is fine by me.

This is what Im comparing it too. The first few hours in RDR was a slog... beautiful slog, but it was slooow. After awhile everything clicked and it turned into one of my favorite games of this generation. Im thinking DS will be the same and Im good with that. Just dont know what to get it on!!

ministryofwrath 11-06-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADxMrMike (Post 2547662)
This is what Im comparing it too. The first few hours in RDR was a slog... beautiful slog, but it was slooow. After awhile everything clicked and it turned into one of my favorite games of this generation. Im thinking DS will be the same and Im good with that. Just dont know what to get it on!!

Felt the same about witcher 3, I only started really digging in to it now.

It starts so painfully slow to me, and becomes better as you go.

Evil Avatar 11-07-2019 06:51 PM

Disneyland! Disneyland! Disneyland!

We hit the part this week (thus the slow news week) and had a really good time. The park was open later this year than in previous years, so I didn't end up doing any news from the hotel room like I have done before.

Star Wars land looks fantastic and the Smuggler's Run ride is a blast, but there isn't much to do there right now unless you are REALLY into spending tons of money on Star Wars junk.

It was fun to see the Star Wars characters walking around the park. We saw Captain Phasma (the costume just looks amazing in real life, better than on the screen), Kylo Ren and a lot of First Order Troopers.

We complimented the First Order Troopers for keeping the Galaxy safe and they shook our hands. LOL.