Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pure Evil - Black Friday Deals (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257263)

Evil Avatar 11-22-2018 07:54 AM

Pure Evil - Black Friday Deals

Iím not a big Black Friday shopper, I usually just snag one game and call it a day. This year I picked up Overwatch Game of the Year Edition for $15 (with free shipping) from Target and Iím still hoping to find a good deal on the Middle Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition today or tomorrow.

(You can pick up a physical copy of the regular edition at Target for $10.)

Iím thinking of grabbing a really cheap RCA 55Ē 4K TV for the living room, just because we donít have a big TV in the family room right now and we havenít had one for a long time. Nothing fancy, just the bottom-of-the-line non-Smart version. Walmart has it for $269.

What deals have you seen that you couldnít resist?

Evil Avatar 11-22-2018 07:57 AM

I have to add that I grabbed Overwatch because I got myself banned from Heroes of the Storm again for another month. Again, just for saying, “Morons” at the end of losing matches. Their reporting system is totally broken if that’s what they are banning people for.

I did good for a month by turning off the text chat, but I couldn’t resist seeing what people were saying after a while and it got me another ban. A shame, because it’s probably my favorite game. I guess that is why I get toxic about it, I’m invested in trying to win and I hate how the Ranked community is just a bunch of random asshats who don’t even try to follow the objectives.

Perhaps I will have better luck in Overwatch, where I don’t have a handy keyboard to spam people with my eloquent phrasing.

TheHulk 11-22-2018 08:59 AM

Was hoping to find Red Dead 2 or Octopath Traveler on sale but haven't found one. Had some Best Buy coupons and Gamer Club discount so went ahead and got RDR2 a few days ago. Not really any other games that I don't have that are grabbing me this year.

Having to get a new iPad since my old one was broken recently. Trying to decide between saving a lot of money and getting the 9.7 iPad, or either going for the 10.5 iPad Pro or the new 11 inch iPad Pro.

Also thought about upgrading the the One X but think I'll hold off on that for now.

brandonjclark 11-22-2018 01:45 PM

My advice is to skip playing Overwatch this weekend, at least competitive mode. Too many noobs has be saltin' hard.

vallor 11-22-2018 09:03 PM

Be nice to get a new 4K TV. Not sure if I want to spend the money the money this year though.

Grumsh 11-22-2018 10:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving all! Sadly I had to work, joy of being a first responder is no holidays! I did manage to snag Twilight Imperium 4 for half price on Amazon during downtime. Didn't see any must have other games on sale though and although I really want a new TV I am holding out for Samsungs q9 series to go on sale. Reviewers say they are beating LGs newest stuff and I am drooling at the 75 inch I saw at Best Buy!

PacerDawn 11-23-2018 12:46 AM

I picked up a Fire Tablet 8 for my parents to replace their Echo in the kitchen (going to get the Show Mode stand as well), the Catan board game to play with my kids, and Monster Hunter World on the PS4 for moi because... why not?

BeardedSonOfNel 11-23-2018 10:21 AM

I'm a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Evil Avatar 11-25-2018 07:14 PM

I also picked up the new Magnificent 7 on Blu-ray for $9, Shadow of War for $10 at Gamestop and Diablo 3 for $20 at Target. I went kinda heavy on the sales this year. Target having free shipping on games made it pretty easy to buy stuff this year.

ElektroDragon 11-25-2018 10:16 PM

I got a 65" 4K OLED C8 to replace my aging 65" 1080p set... really wanted an 85" though. Maybe next year after HDMI 2.1.

zeonxavier 11-26-2018 01:33 PM

I finally bagged XCOM 2 and upgraded my Borderlands stuff to Handsome standards on my Steam account.

Picked up a new Kingdom Hearts 1&2 (PS4) and 3DS exclusive Zelda used for my brother at Gamestop. His house burned down about a year ago and took his entertainment center and discs with it.