Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Games with Gold for December 2018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257322)

Evil Avatar 11-27-2018 05:47 PM

New Games with Gold for December 2018

Quote:

Welcome to another Games with Gold reveal for Xbox One and Xbox 360! In December on Xbox One, solve mysterious puzzles in an alien landscape in Q.U.B.E. 2, then experience the rich culture of the Iñupiat people in the atmospheric Never Alone. On Xbox 360 and Xbox One via Backward Compatibility, mold your character into a legend in Dragon Age II, and experience chaotic fun in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

All games will be available exclusively for Xbox Live Gold members for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. With Xbox Live Gold, you get the most advanced multiplayer service, free games, and exclusive member discounts on games in the Microsoft Store — get Xbox Live Gold today to get in on the action!

Q.U.B.E. 2 ($24.99 ERP): Available December 1 to 31 on Xbox One

Never Alone ($14.99 ERP): Available December 16 to January 15 on Xbox One

Dragon Age II ($9.99 ERP): Available December 1 to 15 on Xbox One and Xbox 360

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction ($9.99 ERP): Available December 16 to 31 on Xbox One and Xbox 360
news.xbox.com

LostToys 11-28-2018 12:31 AM

I sorta want to play Mercenaries again. I remember the game being pretty shitty, but the environment was fun to destroy.

Scherge 11-28-2018 01:51 AM

Wow, they're including ORIGINAL Xbox games now? I know I'm being a bit hypocritical here, because I always tag the 360 Games with Gold and never ever play them, but still, that decision strikes me as supremely lame. Also, I found it funny how "Mercenaries" was marked a 360 title throughout the video, including a fake packshot with the 360 logo and 4:3 footage stretched to 16:9, before the real icon was shown at the very end. :rolleyes:

Rommel 11-28-2018 03:48 AM

Never Alone is a $19.99 game? Never Alone is a game I picked up for $2.99 and felt I overpaid by $19.99. So bad it ruined a platformer kick I had been genuinely enjoying at that time, if I were Microsoft I wouldn't want my console subscription service tied to its non-level of quality.

Scherge 11-28-2018 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2525026)
Never Alone is a $19.99 game? Never Alone is a game I picked up for $2.99 and felt I overpaid by $19.99. So bad it ruined a platformer kick I had been genuinely enjoying at that time, if I were Microsoft I wouldn't want my console subscription service tied to its non-level of quality.

Well, the game was already free with PlayStation Plus at one point. Since the current consensus is that Sony can do no wrong, it makes sense for Microsoft to include it in Games with Gold as well. :cool:

To me, "Never Alone" is kinda like "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons", only uglier. At least, it didn't freeze on me (polar puns are the best!) like Brothers did on the 360. I didn't like either game much, but slogged through both of them.

Wizzkidd 11-28-2018 05:38 AM

the best game there is Mercenaries. I'll have to watch and see if it has any graphical upgrades, but that game holds a lot of great memories. Fucking Mercenaries, y'know? 2005 or so? I actually bought never alone back when it came out and the only thing alone around here is the playerbase for that game. Boring as hell.

shadow763 11-28-2018 05:59 AM

The only thing that stuck to me was the fact that Mercenaries is an Xbox Original. I was hoping some of those would pop up in here at some point. Overall this month is a complete meh. No interest in any of those.

92miata 11-28-2018 07:59 AM

So sweet Amazing Month! Thank you MS!