Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Transformers Last Knight Trailer Features and Evil Optimus (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244722)

Evil Avatar 04-12-2017 07:48 AM

New Transformers Last Knight Trailer Features and Evil Optimus

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2886/3...a10d7747_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

Evil Avatar 04-12-2017 07:48 AM

SouljaOfChrist 04-12-2017 07:56 AM

Man, I have been a pretty big fan of theses movies, but that just looks dumber then the last dumb one. I will still be there to see it, but this version of the transformers seems to have run its course...

excalibur1814 04-12-2017 08:21 AM

I'm a G1 fan so the movies have, often, ANNOYED the living heck out of me. But... it's what we have.

SPOILER:

Did Optimus just cut off the heads of the Dinobots or the Knights? Not sure.

hurstshifter 04-12-2017 08:35 AM

I was going to comment on how stupid it is that they are still cranking out these shitty Transformers movies. Then I checked the global box office data and found that the last two made over $1 billion each. No end in site for these any time soon.

spgvideo 04-12-2017 09:49 AM

Saw the preview before Ghost last night and I swear to god im so tired of this overt overly feminism crap. Its fine, have a girl as your main character, make her bad ass, but you don't have to literally say it again....and again...and again...and again. Just be it! They made it seems as though the movie was primarily about how tough a girl could be instead of about robot battles.
I love all the others (#2 was my weakest) but this one i'm gonna skip at the theaters. Keep your politics out of my face.

Grandpappy 04-12-2017 09:51 AM

I have no idea what this movie is actually about. Well, other than Transformers. Even so, this will be a great popcorn movie that I'm sure I'll see in the theater.

Too bad they can't got a G1 movie...

vallor 04-12-2017 10:38 AM

Michael Bay doesn't judge. He knows y'all will see this movie eventually, even if you never admit it. It's cool with him and is part of what makes him such a great man.

Somewhere there is a 4AM sleepless night with a Redbox, HBO, or Netflix and flashy "You may like this" banner and you'll be taken away. It'll be your little secret.

Chimpbot 04-12-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2480087)
Michael Bay doesn't judge. He knows y'all will see this movie eventually, even if you never admit it. It's cool with him and is part of what makes him such a great man.

Somewhere there is a 4AM sleepless night with a Redbox, HBO, or Netflix and flashy "You may like this" banner and you'll be taken away. It'll be your little secret.

This is actually one series where that isn't true...for me, at any rate. I haven't seen any of them since Dark of the Moon, which was - amusingly enough - a Redbox rental six years ago. I skipped Age of Extinction entirely, I'm skipping this one,the Bumblebee standalone film and I'll also be skipping Transformers 6, slated for 2019.

While I did have that, "Maybe I'll like this" moment back in 2011...I'm wholly done with this series.

LostToys 04-12-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurstshifter (Post 2480069)
I was going to comment on how stupid it is that they are still cranking out these shitty Transformers movies. Then I checked the global box office data and found that the last two made over $1 billion each. No end in site for these any time soon.

The first comment in the thread explains why they keep making the films: People keep showing up even if the quality keeps going down. People are far too invested in the movies now to stop watching them when they get released, so they can continue to milk the films for years to come.

vallor 04-12-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2480095)
While I did have that, "Maybe I'll like this" moment back in 2011...I'm wholly done with this series.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...y3IXtGF9D2R8mw

This is Michael Bay we're talking about. He'll eventually getcha.

ElektroDragon 04-12-2017 04:01 PM

So it rips off the plot of the Fate of the Furious. :eek::eek:

ElektroDragon 04-12-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2480103)
The first comment in the thread explains why they keep making the films: People keep showing up even if the quality keeps going down. People are far too invested in the movies now to stop watching them when they get released, so they can continue to milk the films for years to come.

Just like the Fast movies.... now then even share the same EVIL GOOD GUY plot! :D

ElektroDragon 04-12-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2480095)
standalone film and I'll also be skipping Transformers 6, slated for 2019..

Wait.... this is only the 5th Transformers movie? It feels like the 8th.

Hellstorm 04-12-2017 05:16 PM

Ehren Kruger has been booted from writing this one, so there is hope we get back to the fun that was part 1.

Kruger is a hack and I don't get why he keeps getting work writing movies. As soon as I saw he was the writer of the live-action GiTS, I knew it was going to suck.