Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars Battlefront II Launch Date Announced, Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244797)

Emabulator 04-15-2017 12:43 PM

Star Wars Battlefront II Launch Date Announced, Trailer

Electronic Arts has announced that Star Wars Battlefront II will launch worldwide on November 17, 2017. See the press release for details.

Quote:

Today at Star Wars Celebration, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), and Lucasfilm Ltd. announced that Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will release on November 17, 2017 worldwide. Building upon the foundation of groundbreaking visuals and authenticity of EA’s Star Wars Battlefront, DICE, Motive and Criterion are teaming up to deliver one of the most expansive Star Wars games to date. Star Wars Battlefront II will allow players to experience the untold story of an Imperial elite special forces soldier in an all-new single player campaign. In epic multiplayer battles, players will be able to pilot a First Order TIE fighter through intense dogfights in space, and play as ground troopers or iconic heroes and villains, such as Yoda and Darth Maul, across all three Star Wars eras.

“In Star Wars Battlefront II, we all wanted to really capture the essence of being heroic and how in Star Wars, anyone can become a hero,” says Matt Webster, Executive Producer at Criterion. “Whether that’s playing as an iconic character like Rey or Luke, as a front-line trooper or fighter pilot in epic multiplayer battles, or playing through a new Star Wars story that bridges the gap between Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™ and Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™, you will become a hero in Star Wars Battlefront II.”
Click on the Headline for the Trailer, Screenshots and Press Release.

Emabulator 04-15-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

ORLANDO, Fla. - Today at Star Wars Celebration, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), and Lucasfilm Ltd. announced that Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will release on November 17, 2017 worldwide. Building upon the foundation of groundbreaking visuals and authenticity of EA’s Star Wars Battlefront, DICE, Motive and Criterion are teaming up to deliver one of the most expansive Star Wars games to date. Star Wars Battlefront II will allow players to experience the untold story of an Imperial elite special forces soldier in an all-new single player campaign. In epic multiplayer battles, players will be able to pilot a First Order TIE fighter through intense dogfights in space, and play as ground troopers or iconic heroes and villains, such as Yoda and Darth Maul, across all three Star Wars eras.

“In Star Wars Battlefront II, we all wanted to really capture the essence of being heroic and how in Star Wars, anyone can become a hero,” says Matt Webster, Executive Producer at Criterion. “Whether that’s playing as an iconic character like Rey or Luke, as a front-line trooper or fighter pilot in epic multiplayer battles, or playing through a new Star Wars story that bridges the gap between Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™ and Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™, you will become a hero in Star Wars Battlefront II.”

Featuring new characters created by Motive in close partnership with the story group at Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Battlefront II single player campaign will deliver a new exciting story to the Star Wars universe. Taking place in the 30 years between the destruction of Death Star II and through the rise of the First Order, the single player story introduces Iden Versio, the leader of Inferno Squad, an elite special forces unit of the Galactic Empire, who are equally lethal on the ground and in space. In addition to Iden, players will also encounter and play as other iconic Star Wars heroes and villains like Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren during the campaign.

“EA has assembled an incredible set of developers to create a Star Wars gaming experience unlike anything fans have ever experienced,” said Douglas Reilly, Senior Director, Digital & Franchise Management. “Star Wars Battlefront II will offer everything players loved about the last installment, and adds new modes that we know the fans want, including an entirely new story developed in partnership with Lucasfilm.”

“We wanted to create a campaign that told a story we haven’t seen before in Star Wars,” says Mark Thompson, Game Director at Motive Studios. “It was important for us to tell a new authentic story, one that gives players a brand-new perspective. By putting players in the boots of an elite member of the Imperial forces, we can show them what the battle was like from the other side.”

In addition to the all-new single player campaign, the team at DICE is evolving the game’s multiplayer to become the ultimate Star Wars battleground. With modes supporting up to 40 players, Star Wars Battlefront II takes fans through a wide range of iconic locations from all three eras: prequel, classic and new trilogy, including new in-game locations such as Yavin 4’s jungle canopies, the spaceport town of Mos Eisley, and Starkiller Base. Players can choose from an array of land and air vehicles and master their own hero’s journey, with customizable character progression across heroes, villains, troopers and starfighters.

As one of the most requested fan modes, galactic-scale space combat is also brought to life in Star Wars Battlefront II. Criterion, with a deep history of creating some of gaming’s fastest and intuitive vehicles, has built space combat from the ground up with refined handling, weapons, and customization options. Players can drop into the cockpit of the galaxy’s most iconic ships, weave between asteroid fields and fly through imperial dockyards in high stakes dogfights.

Fans who pre-order Star Wars Battlefront II can join the excitement of the theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™, with content inspired by the upcoming film including exclusive* Kylo Ren and Rey themed looks†. Players can also equip both characters with epic ability upgrades in multiplayer. Additionally, when taking the fight to space, players can upgrade to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon and a new First Order ship.

Players that order the Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition will not only have access to all the Star Wars: The Last Jedi inspired pre-order content, found in Star Wars Battlefront II: The Last Jedi Heroes, but can also dominate the battlefront as the ultimate Star Wars elite trooper. Every trooper class will receive upgrades, delivering superior firepower, deadly weapon modifications and epic combat abilities. Deluxe Edition owners will also get a head start on the battlefront, being able to jump into the game up to three days early†.

Star Wars Battlefront II will be available worldwide on November 17th, 2017 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and on Origin for PC. Players looking to get into the game earlier can do so with the Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition starting on November 14th, or through the Play First Trials on EA Access and Origin Access‡ starting November 9th.

To join the Star Wars Battlefront conversation please visit www.facebook.com/EAStarWars, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/EAStarWars or sign up for the official EA Star Wars newsletter at http://starwars.ea.com/newsletter. Press assets for Star Wars Battlefront are available at http://info.ea.com.

*Exclusive to pre-order and Deluxe Edition customers.

†Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://www.ea.com/starwars/battlefro...-2/disclaimers for details.

‡CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE http://www.ea.com/eaaccess AND http://www.origin.com/store/origin-access FOR DETAILS.

vallor 04-15-2017 02:03 PM

Looks great. Don't trust EA or Dice on this though; way too many broken promises and I'm not sold on their ability to do a single player campaign justice.

Will wait and see. Especially will see what sort of abusive pricing strategy they go with.

Evil Avatar 04-15-2017 02:17 PM

The Mary Sue is with you... Always.

ministryofwrath 04-15-2017 03:14 PM

Feminism is one with the force.

I hope one day I can repent enough for being a masculine male so I to can take orders from the enlightened gender, she might even give me pity sex!

oh wait.... she'll ignore me and sleep with exactly what she claims to hate, while taking the role of the gender that she claims holds power over her..that actually ....gave her power...

actually it sounds exactly like a star wars movie now.

Emabulator 04-15-2017 03:32 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2892/3...439ec98f_z.jpg

firecut 04-15-2017 04:04 PM

Looks great.

1. Who is the chap on the bridge in the red robes I wonder?

2. I will never install EA's Origin client so I will likely never buy this game even if it does turn out to be awesome.

vallor 04-15-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2480333)
Feminism is one with the force.

I hope one day I can repent enough for being a masculine male so I to can take orders from the enlightened gender, she might even give me pity sex!

oh wait.... she'll ignore me and sleep with exactly what she claims to hate, while taking the role of the gender that she claims holds power over her..that actually ....gave her power...

actually it sounds exactly like a star wars movie now.

While it does seem like we're being inundated with female protagonists these days as long as it isn't hamfisted or agenda driven I don't see why it makes any difference. After all, they really only have two choices to go from, Facebook dropdowns not-withstanding, so there isn't a lot of real variety.

I suppose the argument is that any time someone picks a female protagonist they're indulging in the agenda. But even I disagree with that premise. Going on the basis we're suspending disbelief long enough to think we're adventuring "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I don't think it's too far off to add in the fantasy of a woman actually qualifying for an elite squadron in the Imperial Forces.

The Agenda would be if they make them hideous looking like in ME:A. Then there are a lot better things I'd rather be looking at for 10 hours of my life than a ugly ass digital representation of the SJW narrative.

brandonjclark 04-15-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firecut (Post 2480335)
Looks great.

1. Who is the chap on the bridge in the red robes I wonder?

2. I will never install EA's Origin client so I will likely never buy this game even if it does turn out to be awesome.

I've actually come around on Origin. To me it's a good game client now. Still wish EA's games were on Steam, though.

Emabulator 04-15-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2480339)
I've actually come around on Origin. To me it's a good game client now. Still wish EA's games were on Steam, though.

It gave me a rash. ;)

firecut 04-15-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2480339)

I don't trust EA enough to put their platform on my system and I do not want to have more than one gaming platform installed. Indeed, I would buy their games if they were on Steam. I stopped buy BF games after BFBC2 since it was the last one on Steam.

Ozymandis 04-15-2017 07:05 PM

I'm ok with Origin now too. I've got a few games on there, mostly ones that I was gifted, that I use the service fairly regularly.

This game looks good. It's a license to print money, really, comes out a month before Star Wars Ep. VIII, so the hype for that should move a ton of units.

ministryofwrath 04-15-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2480338)
While it does seem like we're being inundated with female protagonists these days as long as it isn't hamfisted or agenda driven I don't see why it makes any difference. After all, they really only have two choices to go from, Facebook dropdowns not-withstanding, so there isn't a lot of real variety.

I suppose the argument is that any time someone picks a female protagonist they're indulging in the agenda. But even I disagree with that premise. Going on the basis we're suspending disbelief long enough to think we're adventuring "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I don't think it's too far off to add in the fantasy of a woman actually qualifying for an elite squadron in the Imperial Forces.

The Agenda would be if they make them hideous looking like in ME:A. Then there are a lot better things I'd rather be looking at for 10 hours of my life than a ugly ass digital representation of the SJW narrative.

it's just we've had 3 star wars movies now with strong female characters as the main character, give me a break, now this game, you're right, mass effect did give the sjw service, however this game doesn't seem to be pandering to the same extent.

That being said I understand it isn't the same publishers but to me it's telling, you are correct though, she isn't ugly, she's just manly in her actions, personally I'm tired of the toyboy style leaders in women depicted in games these days, you can be feminine and still be strong, like Ripley in aliens, moko in pacific rim as examples, hell plenty of active military service women are feminine even though they are soldiers.

that being said, it looks interesting to me, and if done better than the original I might just have no choice but to give it a try, I hope it comes to pc though.

Skunk 04-16-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2480334)

Ahahaha, seriously right?

You guys ought to hear yourselves. It sounds like you're afraid of females.

Back to the game though: they've obviously have run out of ideas. Combine and TIE fighter and a Star Destroyer for a cool Special Forces ship! Also, I get the feeling they're trying to channel some TIE Fighter nostalgia by having you play as an imperial lead of a "special" organization that reports to Palpatine.

Wizzkidd 04-16-2017 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2480354)
Ahahaha, seriously right?

You guys ought to hear yourselves. It sounds like you're afraid of females.

Back to the game though: they've obviously have run out of ideas. Combine and TIE fighter and a Star Destroyer for a cool Special Forces ship! Also, I get the feeling they're trying to channel some TIE Fighter nostalgia by having you play as an imperial lead of a "special" organization that reports to Palpatine.

Seriously, some of these dudes sound more like bitches than the women they seem to be so afraid of.

You know what my 2 favorite movies of all time are? Alien and Predator. One has a badass chick who kicks alien ass, the other is the epitome of a badass dude. Does Alien bother me because it's a chick? HELL no. More recent examples are the Underworld and Resident Evil movies. Two hot as hell chicks, (especially in Underworld) fucking kicking ass.

Often times in create a character video games I have created a female; because if I have to stare at an ass for hours on end, I'd prefer it was a chick.

I live in what is essentially the kingdom of the left (Seattle). But I'm a US Army veteran and I even voted for Trump (we'll see how that goes). But I'm sick of seeing fragile egos offended or scared that there are more female main characters lately. We're still at 90% or more white male leads, calm down.

Yeah it's been obvious that Star Wars specifically has focused on female leads the last 2 movies and now this story mode. I noticed immediately when watching this trailer. I rolled my eyes, thinking "Oh, they're still doing that." But I'll live. Let my wife (although not really because she's Asian) or someone's daughter have their fun. I sort of take solace in seeing how painfully obvious they are, it's almost shameful. I still have Superman, Batman, Iron MAN, Captain America, Spider MAN, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Hal Jordan, Wolverine, Bilbo fucking BAGGINS, Deathstroke, Deadpool, Thor, Hulk, the Joker, John McClane, Liam Neeson, John Wick, Rocky, and basically every single hero/villain since the beginning of time. No need to cry or bitch.

And come on, who the F is going to play the story mode? 10% of all people?

Whatever. Bitch away. Just know that you sound like an insecure, scared chode.

Oh, Origin is fine. Steam shouldn't own the PC market. That'd bad, m'kay? Competition is a good thing, unless you'd be happy with only Chevrolet cars available. I'm sure they'd excel if there was no competition.

Mad Max RW 04-16-2017 06:46 AM

Just give me the HD remake of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight I dream about. Have absolutely no interest in a new Battlefront especially after the previous clusterfuck. A beautiful engine wasted on terribly shallow gameplay.

I finally watched Rogue One last night, and besides Forest Whitaker's wasted potential I thought it was quite good. Spin offs with new characters is the way to go.

ministryofwrath 04-16-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2480355)
Seriously, some of these dudes sound more like bitches than the women they seem to be so afraid of.

You know what my 2 favorite movies of all time are? Alien and Predator. One has a badass chick who kicks alien ass, the other is the epitome of a badass dude. Does Alien bother me because it's a chick? HELL no. More recent examples are the Underworld and Resident Evil movies. Two hot as hell chicks, (especially in Underworld) fucking kicking ass.

Often times in create a character video games I have created a female; because if I have to stare at an ass for hours on end, I'd prefer it was a chick.

I live in what is essentially the kingdom of the left (Seattle). But I'm a US Army veteran and I even voted for Trump (we'll see how that goes). But I'm sick of seeing fragile egos offended or scared that there are more female main characters lately. We're still at 90% or more white male leads, calm down.

Yeah it's been obvious that Star Wars specifically has focused on female leads the last 2 movies and now this story mode. I noticed immediately when watching this trailer. I rolled my eyes, thinking "Oh, they're still doing that." But I'll live. Let my wife (although not really because she's Asian) or someone's daughter have their fun. I sort of take solace in seeing how painfully obvious they are, it's almost shameful. I still have Superman, Batman, Iron MAN, Captain America, Spider MAN, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Hal Jordan, Wolverine, Bilbo fucking BAGGINS, Deathstroke, Deadpool, Thor, Hulk, the Joker, John McClane, Liam Neeson, John Wick, Rocky, and basically every single hero/villain since the beginning of time. No need to cry or bitch.

And come on, who the F is going to play the story mode? 10% of all people?

Whatever. Bitch away. Just know that you sound like an insecure, scared chode.

Oh, Origin is fine. Steam shouldn't own the PC market. That'd bad, m'kay? Competition is a good thing, unless you'd be happy with only Chevrolet cars available. I'm sure they'd excel if there was no competition.

agree about Aliens and even mentioned Ripley had you read my post, and your cuck like shaming tactics are female in nature, distaste for something doesn't equal fear or a phobia, that's old news and a tactic that does't work anymore.

feminine heros are fine, I'm tired of seeing MEN with vaginas, ironically I agree about looking at a females ass for 40+ hours in a video game, but the issue is deeper than what you're seeing regarding portrayal of females.

again, see Moko from pacific rim, see Ripley from aliens and Neytir in Avatar.

All the females I listed didn't act like dyke lesbians, they were feminine in nature and acted like they had femininity, they still were bad ass and capable.

And yes, steam needs some competition, but only if it doesn't result in a console like market, because that didn't end well for anyone

VenomUSMC 04-16-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Most of the complaints aren't over the inclusion of a leading female character, it's about the feeling of such a move being forced as a matter of pushing a narrative. That's why many people complaining about such a thing also enjoyed Alien, which featured a strong leading woman.

Considering how many people connected to the film and video game industry openly push a SJW narrative, it's hard not to grasp why people are reacting in this manner -- especially after Gamegate.

Quote:

This, to me, is the problem. I, as a man, don't need a leading male character in order to have fun. Does your wife or someone's daughter need a leading female character to have fun? That's the implication. I want a good movie based around developing characters, not about trying to align with a political/social agenda. It's as if you're conceding that you think an agenda is specifically and purposely being pushed forward, and you're simply okay with it because there are movies which feature men leading. That misses the entire point, and ignores the toxicity connected to such a push. It's easy enough to find people in the gaming and film industry which openly state anti-white male views, which would be rightly condemned as racist and sexist if done against another group. To me, the rebuttal you offer is actually very much part of the problem. This is all connected to a larger problem, which features absurd lies done in the name of pushing such an agenda.

Now these people may do whatever they want with their games and movies, and I may choose to spend my dollars or not on their products.

ministryofwrath 04-16-2017 10:03 AM

Exactly, look at mass effect pushing transgender characters, having a staff member that openly admitted to being racist to white people not to mention their animator made a short animation video titled "why I hate men"

I've lived abroad for 3 years until recently, and the amount of female entitlement and pandering is insane now that I've returned to the USA.

In asia when female merchandise is advertised it's done in a way that speaks about femininity, being a woman, not some bull shit equality agenda in every product, not how women deserve more, or deserve to have it all, but that they can be their best and by using the products it will help them achieve their best, and it pushes it in a feminine way.

In America everything is "empowering" to women because "they're worth it" and "should" get the best no matter what because they have a vagina, and that somehow makes them first class citizens.

Mad Max RW 04-16-2017 10:57 AM

They cry about equality until the check comes.