Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SNES Mini Coming this Christmas #NESMini #Nintendo (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244873)

Evil Avatar 04-19-2017 07:33 AM

SNES Mini Coming this Christmas #NESMini #Nintendo

Quote:

Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year

Nintendo will follow up its smash hit NES microconsole with a mini version of the SNES, sources close to the company have confirmed to Eurogamer.

The SNES mini (or, to continue Nintendo's official branding, likely the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System) is currently scheduled to launch in time for Christmas this year. Development of the device is already under way, our sources have indicated.

Nintendo's plans for SNES mini are also a major reason why last year's NES mini did not see a reprieve from discontinuation, Eurogamer understands, despite the latter's continued popularity and sell-out status.
More on Eurogamer.

I may have to Pre-Order one to have on hand to scalp on eBay during the Holiday. Heh.

Terran 04-19-2017 07:54 AM

One of my favorite consoles of all time. Had some amazing games on it. I have fond memories of the last Nintendo console I bought (I have several iterations of the DS).

Not buying it.

SpectralThundr 04-19-2017 08:11 AM

Only to be discontinued a couple months after initial release, GG Close Nintendo! Please die.

4205Joe 04-19-2017 08:51 AM

I see Nintendo doing a limited run like this every holiday. Of course there won't be enough to go around ever.

Scherge 04-19-2017 08:57 AM

That's one weak-ass article on Eurogamer! It's pretty much all speculation and wishful thinking. While I don't doubt that Nintendo is working on a SNES Mini, I sincerely doubt that Eurogamer had ANY noteworthy sources for this. They certainly don't have any more info than we do right now.

That said, I'll totally buy one of these things (and this time, I'm going to pre-order it in time). I had a great childhood, and everything that reminds me of it (in small doses, of course) is a welcome addition to my living room.

brandonjclark 04-19-2017 09:00 AM

Is that a real picture of it?

That looks like the superfamicom design, right? That's not the US version at least, I hope.

AlfredT 04-19-2017 09:01 AM

I really like that Nintendo is finally making an attempt to get marketspace in the retro hardware/nostalgia market. Sadly for me, I've already purchased (during my vacation in Burma) a frankenstein Console that runs basically anything, carts & roms. I'd like to get this for the look, but a.) Im cheap/poor and b.) its too redundant.

brandonjclark 04-19-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2480605)
I really like that Nintendo is finally making an attempt to get marketspace in the retro hardware/nostalgia market. Sadly for me, I've already purchased (during my vacation in Burma) a frankenstein Console that runs basically anything, carts & roms. I'd like to get this for the look, but a.) Im cheap/poor and b.) its too redundant.

What did you buy in Burma?

Terran 04-19-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2480607)
What did you buy in Burma?

An STD? ;)

Evil Avatar 04-19-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2480604)
Is that a real picture of it?

That looks like the superfamicom design, right? That's not the US version at least, I hope.

I think that is a fan render of the SNES done in grey instead of purple. It was just one of the images that came up when I searched for SNES Mini.

Scherge 04-19-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2480611)
I think that is a fan render of the SNES done in grey instead of purple. It was just one of the images that came up when I searched for SNES Mini.

I'd say it's just a (bad) render of the regular PAL SNES. Here's the picture on Wikipedia, if you want to compare them.

ElektroDragon 04-19-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2480597)
Only to be discontinued a couple months after initial release, GG Close Nintendo! Please die.

Ok now you are totally plagiarising my posts! :D

Seriously, though those this play NES games too? If not, why mention that it played any part in the decision to kill of the original NES Classic??

shadow763 04-19-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2480594)

I may have to Pre-Order one to have on hand to scalp on eBay during the Holiday. Heh.

Agreed! Considering they are going for 300 on Amazon it is worth trying to get for resale.

IGXGamingTV 04-19-2017 12:02 PM

I'll get one for sure. Some of my all time favs are on that one. I was lucky enough to get the NES Classic, so I'll add this to the collection.

31 Flavas 04-19-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2480597)

"Your continued success is damaging to my psyche. Why the fuck are you still around after the PS1 and PS2. And how the fuck the PS3 end up in last fucking place vs the goddamn Wii. I was so excited to see the Wii-U fail so hard. But you're still around and producing fucked up hardware that otherwise shouldnt fucking sell. Goddamnit you need to die. What the fuck does it take? Please. Pretty please. Im on my knee begging you. Just fucking die already. This doesnt make any sense!"

Emabulator 04-19-2017 01:10 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2856/3...39b196f2_m.jpg

Metal Jesus 04-19-2017 02:01 PM

I am way more interested in buying this than the NES mini. The games are just so much more appealing...

NESter the Unlikely 04-19-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2480626)
"mrrfmfrfmfrrffmmmmrrffhhmrfshmrrrm!"

I couldn't understand any of this, please remove Reggie's cock from your mouth and try again.

Scherge 04-20-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2480645)
I couldn't understand any of this, please remove Reggie's cock from your mouth and try again.

... said the guy called NESter. :confused:

Rommel 04-20-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2480639)
I am way more interested in buying this than the NES mini. The games are just so much more appealing...

Obviously so--The SNES library is one of the best and deepest in the industry's history. They may run into hurdles and I expect some disappointment come announce time. First step: Nintendo MUST get Square Enix on board and it will not be easy. Chrono Trigger and FFVI alone is a guaranteed purchase from millions. The problem is that these 16-bit games, unlike FFI, are currently making Square some solid gil on various distribution platforms at ridiculous prices. The licensing fee to include games retailing currently for $10-16 on iTunes, Play Store and Steam isn't going to be cheap and until will not succeed (There, I said it) at a $100 price point. Nintendo also needs Capcom and Konami. An all-Nintendo release would still include some amazing titles, obviously, Zelda and Metroid for instance, until the machine is discontinued by that same Virtual Console-pushing prick in accounting. Fuck that guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2480672)
... said the guy called NESter. :confused:

He belongs to us now, Nintendo.