Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quake Champions Galena Champion Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244907)

Evil Avatar 04-20-2017 08:43 AM

Quake Champions Galena Champion Trailer
 
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2860/3...c6e89326_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Video.

Quote:

Galena is a healer and a warrior, skilled in both giving and taking life. Raised in the Dreamlands, where she faces off against Champions from across the waking world in twisted Arenas, Galena is a force to be reckoned with. Watch the Unholy Paladin dole out divine punishment in the latest Quake Champions profile trailer.

Evil Avatar 04-20-2017 08:43 AM


core66 04-20-2017 10:00 AM

Just curious.... are people still into mindless run and gun games like this? I don't mean to be critical but this style of gameplay is so pre-Y2K. I use to LOVE the original back in the day but as games evolved, I tend to want more sophistication in the design. Again.... there might be a population of people out there that still love these games and I'm the minority.

Mad Max RW 04-20-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by core66 (Post 2480720)
Just curious.... are people still into mindless run and gun games like this? I don't mean to be critical but this style of gameplay is so pre-Y2K. I use to LOVE the original back in the day but as games evolved, I tend to want more sophistication in the design. Again.... there might be a population of people out there that still love these games and I'm the minority.

There is still a very large Quake community spanning across multiple source ports as well as Quake Live.

What do you mean by sophisticated? If anything online shooters have gotten worse with slower speed and auto-aiming for console players, xray vision, fewer and shittier maps, quicktime events, health regeneration, and so on. There isn't any game that rivals in pure skill.

wunshot 04-20-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2480721)
There is still a very large Quake community spanning across multiple source ports as well as Quake Live.

What do you mean by sophisticated? If anything online shooters have gotten worse with slower speed and auto-aiming for console players, xray vision, fewer and shittier maps, quicktime events, health regeneration, and so on. There isn't any game that rivals in pure skill.

I couldn't agree more. Now a days it's just a MMO style grind to unlock a bunch of features that used to be included for everyone at the start. I don't think that is progress....

ElektroDragon 04-20-2017 12:33 PM

Unholy Paladins?! THIS IS NOT QUAKE!

Ozymandis 04-20-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by core66 (Post 2480720)
Just curious.... are people still into mindless run and gun games like this? I don't mean to be critical but this style of gameplay is so pre-Y2K. I use to LOVE the original back in the day but as games evolved, I tend to want more sophistication in the design. Again.... there might be a population of people out there that still love these games and I'm the minority.

Eh, Call of Duty is just as mindless, now with 1000% more grinding and loot boxes. That said, I think this looks really bad, and I was a big Quake fan back in the day. Will never buy this.

wunshot 04-20-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandis (Post 2480743)
Eh, Call of Duty is just as mindless, now with 1000% more grinding and loot boxes. That said, I think this looks really bad, and I was a big Quake fan back in the day. Will never buy this.


Trippy....I think it looks great. Strafe jumps, rocket jumps-and speed.

Chimpbot 04-20-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandis (Post 2480743)
Eh, Call of Duty is just as mindless, now with 1000% more grinding and loot boxes. That said, I think this looks really bad, and I was a big Quake fan back in the day. Will never buy this.

You'll never have to buy it; it's free to play.

Mad Max RW 04-20-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2480746)
Trippy....I think it looks great. Strafe jumps, rocket jumps-and speed.

I agree, however they're losing me with the retarded classes and shit special abilities. Show me custom dedicated servers with a million features and maybe some great bot AI and I'm onboard.

wunshot 04-20-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2480752)
I agree, however they're losing me with the retarded classes and shit special abilities. Show me custom dedicated servers with a million features and maybe some great bot AI and I'm onboard.

I guarantee they end up with vanilla servers where everything is equal and the classes are just cosmetic skins like in q3.

screwyluie 04-20-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2480753)
I guarantee they end up with vanilla servers where everything is equal and the classes are just cosmetic skins like in q3.

let me know when that happens, I'll give it a go then.

core66 04-20-2017 05:19 PM

I'm not a COD fan either. The only FPS that seems to have substance with me lately is RB6 Siege. RB6 doesn't seem to be a grind and they're updating it on a regular basis. The only negative side of RB6 is their poor matchmaking system.

wunshot 04-20-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by core66 (Post 2480762)
I'm not a COD fan either. The only FPS that seems to have substance with me lately is RB6 Siege. RB6 doesn't seem to be a grind and they're updating it on a regular basis. The only negative side of RB6 is their poor matchmaking system.

I own it but have never tried it. Is it difficult to learn how to play?

core66 04-20-2017 05:30 PM

You need to try it. It really rocks. Do all of the situations first to understand the basic concepts before you play online. It get's really fun when you start getting all of the operators.

Meeks 04-21-2017 08:38 AM

Just installed and looking forward to playing over the weekend.

wunshot 04-21-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by core66 (Post 2480766)
You need to try it. It really rocks. Do all of the situations first to understand the basic concepts before you play online. It get's really fun when you start getting all of the operators.

Played some of the situations this morning. It was a blast.

wunshot 04-21-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by core66 (Post 2480766)
You need to try it. It really rocks. Do all of the situations first to understand the basic concepts before you play online. It get's really fun when you start getting all of the operators.

Core66 (and anyone else playing R6S), add me on uplay if you get a chance. I think this will be my new go-to multiplayer game for awhile. Name is wunshot2012.

VideoMike101 04-22-2017 07:50 AM

I guess this is the Lovecraft Quake 1 themed Quake Champions.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.