Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Too Many Ideas" For DLC Inspired Zelda BOTW Sequel (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261208)

BeardedSonOfNel 06-20-2019 10:29 AM

"Too Many Ideas" For DLC Inspired Zelda BOTW Sequel

Via Gamespot
Quote:

"When we released the DLC for Breath of the Wild, we realized that this is a great way to add more elements to the same world. But when it comes down to technical things, DLC is pretty much data--you're adding data to a preexisting title," Aonuma added. "And so when we wanted to add bigger changes, DLC is not enough, and thatís why we thought maybe a sequel would be a good fit."

"Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, 'This is too many ideas, let's just make one new game and start from scratch.'"

Aonuma isn't the only returning member of the Breath of the Wild development team, as game director Hidemaro Fujibayashi is also back in that role. Nintendo has also said the developers were inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2.

brandonjclark 06-20-2019 10:34 AM

EA - ethical

Nintendo - watch this

CthulhuFan 06-20-2019 05:45 PM

Cool. Re-use all the assets and use all the time to make a cool story for part two. Ultima Underworld meets BotW would be tits; you can mail my check ...

PatrickRes9 06-20-2019 05:47 PM

I love how Nintendo was like:

"Open world games, huh? Let me try...." *home run on first swing*

Can't wait to see how they improve/build with a sequel.

wunshot 06-21-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539838)
I love how Nintendo was like:

"Open world games, huh? Let me try...." *home run on first swing*

Can't wait to see how they improve/build with a sequel.

They really did smash that shit out of the park. I'm curious though if they will be able to take it to the next level, or if it will be more of the same.

PatrickRes9 06-22-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2539904)
They really did smash that shit out of the park. I'm curious though if they will be able to take it to the next level, or if it will be more of the same.

great point. They've got to fix the durability issue on their items, and give us a compelling story. If they do that, it'll be worth the price of admission. I hope they go the extra mile again. But we hold Nintendo to such high standards. It's masterpiece or bust. I think they'll pull through. Those guys know how to build a game. Crazy how long they've been around and what they can still accomplish when they put a good effort up. They're a weird wildcard. They;re capable of a grand slam or a disappointment. We expect a lot from them. Fuck Mario Tennis Aces. Put your shit to good use, Nintendo. When they're on, there's no comparison. When they're off, your're wondering why you invested in their hardware. They're so hot and cold. but they're capable of the pinnacle of the industry. It's Metroid Prime and Zelda Botw vs Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Aces. They'er at war with themselves. They're a strange company. I respect their heritage and where they're going, but they need to do more. What's Nintendo's take on an open world racer or a survival horror? I'd like to find out.

Long live Reggie. His personality alone was gamer's treat. They need some consistency. But at the end of the day, I dont know how a true gamer doesn't respect the gameplay offerings they've tried to provide. It's been fun. It's just not good enough to sandbag on their IP anymore. They need to keep the momentum going. Let's see how that mainline pokemon turns out at the end of the year, and that fire emblem. What about a totally new Earthbound? Give it all to the fans or lose. They're a fun company to watch. It's 1 or 10 with those guys.

But I'll tell ya this. Nin...ten...do......

i want them to succeed. Because when they're on- they're on. They can crank it out of the park any moment with their games. I dare some jackass to tell me Metroid Prime wasn't a fucking masterpiece. Sure it wasn't perfect. But damn it captured that isolation so perfectly. That's a haunting and perfectly stellar game. We forget what we ask of Nintendo. We ask for perfection. But they deliver from time to time.

Ever watch some of the video of the the thought they put in to their games. It's insane. Every detail. Every ledge. Every mechanic. Everything is carefully considered. It's almost manic. It's an obsession for them. And that's why the fanboys obsess. You can't hide the quality behind special effects. It's a pure game. I respect their offerings a lot. Gameplay baby. They're still the masters. They've been for a long time.

Say it out loud. It almost sounds perfect. Nin-ten-do. It's still about gameplay. Gameplay? Yes.

EmoryM 06-23-2019 03:40 PM

Sounds good!

I remember Miyamoto saying almost exactly the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2's development and that game turned out amazingly. If a motorcycle was within the scope of what they felt they could add to the original BOTW then the sequel might be nuts.

Chief Smash 06-24-2019 09:16 AM

Emory, I'm glad you brought up Mario Galaxy 2. I was worried it would just be more of the same and be boring but I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of that game. So sometimes Nintendo does really hit a home run, even when it just looks like they're reusing assets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539905)
great point. They've got to fix the durability issue on their items, and give us a compelling story. If they do that, it'll be worth the price of admission. I hope they go the extra mile again. But we hold Nintendo to such high standards. It's masterpiece or bust. I think they'll pull through. Those guys know how to build a game. Crazy how long they've been around and what they can still accomplish when they put a good effort up. They're a weird wildcard. They;re capable of a grand slam or a disappointment. We expect a lot from them. Fuck Mario Tennis Aces. Put your shit to good use, Nintendo. When they're on, there's no comparison. When they're off, your're wondering why you invested in their hardware. They're so hot and cold. but they're capable of the pinnacle of the industry. It's Metroid Prime and Zelda Botw vs Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Aces. They'er at war with themselves. They're a strange company. I respect their heritage and where they're going, but they need to do more. What's Nintendo's take on an open world racer or a survival horror? I'd like to find out.

Long live Reggie. His personality alone was gamer's treat. They need some consistency. But at the end of the day, I dont know how a true gamer doesn't respect the gameplay offerings they've tried to provide. It's been fun. It's just not good enough to sandbag on their IP anymore. They need to keep the momentum going. Let's see how that mainline pokemon turns out at the end of the year, and that fire emblem. What about a totally new Earthbound? Give it all to the fans or lose. They're a fun company to watch. It's 1 or 10 with those guys.

But I'll tell ya this. Nin...ten...do......

i want them to succeed. Because when they're on- they're on. They can crank it out of the park any moment with their games. I dare some jackass to tell me Metroid Prime wasn't a fucking masterpiece. Sure it wasn't perfect. But damn it captured that isolation so perfectly. That's a haunting and perfectly stellar game. We forget what we ask of Nintendo. We ask for perfection. But they deliver from time to time.

Ever watch some of the video of the the thought they put in to their games. It's insane. Every detail. Every ledge. Every mechanic. Everything is carefully considered. It's almost manic. It's an obsession for them. And that's why the fanboys obsess. You can't hide the quality behind special effects. It's a pure game. I respect their offerings a lot. Gameplay baby. They're still the masters. They've been for a long time.

Say it out loud. It almost sounds perfect. Nin-ten-do. It's still about gameplay. Gameplay? Yes.

Subtle, yet not so subtle trolling is the best trolling. :p

SpectralThundr 06-24-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539999)
Emory, I'm glad you brought up Mario Galaxy 2. I was worried it would just be more of the same and be boring but I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of that game. So sometimes Nintendo does really hit a home run, even when it just looks like they're reusing assets.

Subtle, yet not so subtle trolling is the best trolling. :p

Massive dick sucking is trolling now? When did you become so sensitive Chief? :D

Terran 06-24-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2539819)

Looks like a mobile phone game...from 2009. lolololololol. :D

Chief Smash 06-24-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2540001)
Massive dick sucking is trolling now? When did you become so sensitive Chief? :D

Pretty much the exact reaction I was expecting. :D

SpectralThundr 06-24-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2540013)
Pretty much the exact reaction I was expecting. :D

You expected me to literally laugh out loud? Good on ya, got a good laugh outta that one. :D