Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 7th to July 13th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261481)

Evil Avatar 07-08-2019 05:54 PM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 7th to July 13th

Game & Movie Releases for the week of July 7th to July 13th, 2019.

Retail Games
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4, Switch)
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! (Switch)
Senran Kagura Peach Ball (Switch)
God Eater 3 (Switch)
Umihara Kawase Fresh! (Switch)

Movies & TV
Gotham: The Complete Fifth Season
Alphaville
The Annihilators
Gotham: The Complete Series
Pet Sematary
Savage Beach
Little
High Life
After
Tuff Turf
The Professor
The BRD Trilogy: The Marriage of Mariabraun/Lola/Veronika Voss Criterion Collection
Island: The Complete Series
In Another World with My Smartphone: The Complete Series
The Edge of Love
Mojin: The Worm Valley
The Loveless

Box Office
Stuber
Crawl

LostToys 07-09-2019 11:21 AM

Senran Kagura Peach Ball (Switch) this week for me.

ElektroDragon 07-09-2019 01:29 PM

I'd be on board with Builders if it were more like Minecraft and didn't ALSO feel the need to add stupid crop farming like Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing. Too much of a mish mash!

LostToys 07-09-2019 01:54 PM

Builders is for people who love the Dragon Quest franchise and want a Minecraft-lite with a detailed story. No one else need apply.

Dag-Sabot 07-09-2019 03:36 PM

Isn't it spelled "cemetery" though?

Inkabodcrane 07-09-2019 04:10 PM

I'll be watching Crawl this weekend. Part hurricane film, part murderous alligator film, and hopefully more that they haven't shown in trailers. I've mentioned it before but I'm a big fan (a word I don't use lightly) of director Alexander Aja.

Chimpbot 07-09-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2540733)

The only thing correcting the spelling accomplishes is broadcasting the fact you've never read the book or seen either version of the movie.

It's spelled "Sematary" because of a hand-made sign planted outside of said pet cemetery. The sign was made by children.

Dag-Sabot 07-09-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2540738)
The only thing correcting the spelling accomplishes is broadcasting the fact you've never read the book or seen either version of the movie.

It's spelled "Sematary" because of a hand-made sign planted outside of said pet cemetery. The sign was made by children.

Yep, it's all true never read or seen any of the movies. Thanks for explaining in case anyone asks me I can be a pompous asshole too!

RAV 07-09-2019 09:49 PM

:D

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Zxjvgp6Q8y8/maxresdefault.jpg

PatrickRes9 07-09-2019 09:57 PM

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (switch) for me.

Chimpbot 07-10-2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2540747)
Yep, it's all true never read or seen any of the movies. Thanks for explaining in case anyone asks me I can be a pompous asshole too!

People commenting on the spelling of the title is one of the oldest "criticisms" of this particular book, so if pointing out that the spelling was completely intentional makes me a pompous ass...then, so be it.

Could I have used a bit more tact with my explanation? Sure, probably. It's still a tired, old question, though. Most (not all) people who ask it typically (but not always) think they're being clever (or something). Considering the fact the title has been spelled that way for 36 years...it's safe to assume it was likely intentional, especially if you're not familiar with the material.

Scherge 07-10-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2540753)
Could I have used a bit more tact with my explanation? Sure, probably. It's still a tired, old question, though. Most (not all) people who ask it typically (but not always) think they're being clever (or something). Considering the fact the title has been spelled that way for 36 years...it's safe to assume it was likely intentional, especially if you're not familiar with the material.

Anecdotal evidence to the contrary: I've only learned the (in)correct spelling of the book's title over the last months myself, despite having been familiar with the book/old film before. The simple reason: The book's title is spelled entirely correctly in German ("Friedhof der Kuscheltiere"), which may be the case in other languages as well. I was genuinely confused when the remake showed up on EvAv, because I didn't recognize the word. For a second, I thought this was going to be a parody or something like that...

Evil Avatar 07-10-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2540733)

Itís Stephen King, he makes more money than us, thus he gets to spell things any darn way he chooses. The rich really are better than the rest of us.